It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator: Stimulus Working Already

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

GOP Senator: Stimulus Working Already

www.huffingtonpost.com

Federal stimulus dollars have begun to flow, initiating an "amazing" number of projects and creating jobs, Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) said Wednesday.

Snowe was one of three Republicans to support passage of the $787 billion stimulus package and has taken a beating form conservatives for doing so. But now that the checks are going out, she said, people can feel the benefits.

It's "paramount [for people] to see that activity, creating jobs or averting job losses," she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Interesting statement ... i personally don't think it's really had any real effect as of yet, but that's just my opinion ... i'd give it a little more time before actually saying that it's having an impact that everyone can feel ... i want to see the numbers that she's seeing because it still seems to as if we're losing jobs at a pretty steady pace above average ... i imagine it'll have a big impact in time, just not right away ... what are your thoughts?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I agree that it will probably take more time to really see the effects of the stimulus, but news like this is reassuring. The timing of the package is key--there's the possibility that it was too little, too late--and there is the awful possibility that we will need another big stimulus to get the economy really moving again (something nobody will like).

IMO the darkest hours haven't come upon us yet. We should expect to really guage the results in another year or so, if that soon.

join