It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telecom Hub Maps

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Citizen smith is correct regarding phone boxes in the UK, they still would be operational in the event of a national emergency even if other parts of the PSTN had been barred/restricted.

This is part of the Government Telephone Preference System -
en.wikipedia.org...

As for the OP I presume what your asking for is the maps/locations of your local telephone exchanges. You will probably find this quite difficult as the telephone companies are not keen on the locations of their exchanges becoming public knowledge.

During the 70's all BT telephone exchange were assigned bomb-threat procedures as they were considered to be a viable target of the IRA.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the locations/maps. I really cannot see targeted attacks against telephone exchanges in the future, who doesn't carry a mobile phone these days?

Blowing up a telephone exchange wouldn't achieve much, people would just use their mobile phones.

And to the poster who said exchanges are being phased out due to new technology well your nearly right; the equipment inside the exchanges is being changed/upgraded to new technology but the actual exchanges themselves aren't going any where.

If we're hit with a type of attack that will take out communicatios then the government is going to shut down cell systems. They will need them to coordinate defenses and retaliation.

You won't have cell service

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

No one is going to attack major telecommunication pipelines for the simple fact it won't achieve anything! If you bomb an exchange then yes you will affect its local area, nothing more and nothing less.

The bomb protocols were estabilished when the threats could of caused serious problems, today that isn't so.

TCP/IP and cisco routers are at the heart of todays modern telecomms systems, we're not talking about PPP circuits. We're talking about IP based frame relay virtual circuits...

Why on earth would terrorists want to slam a local exchange and kill telephony for a local area? They wouldn't!

If they was that serious then they would hire a hacker to DNS poison the root DNS servers and then crack a major trunk line.

It won't happen believe me, if the enemy want to cause havoc then they will through other means.

Blowing an exchange won't do much on the grand scheme of things my friend.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Yep thats called Access Overload Control in the UK;

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join