It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Budget Proposal: Massive Tax Cut For Wealthy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat issue anymore my friend, so don't try to make it one.

True the Republicans spoke about tax cuts while increasing spending, but meanwhile, Democrats talk about raising taxes and increasing spending. Neither works and neither is appropriate.

We're screwed either way.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

This isn't a Republican vs Democrat issue anymore my friend, so don't try to make it one.

True the Republicans spoke about tax cuts while increasing spending, but meanwhile, Democrats talk about raising taxes and increasing spending. Neither works and neither is appropriate.

We're screwed either way.

I recommend you read my post again for Im not making it into a Dem vs Repub thing Im pointing out there is no difference while you guys argue dem or repub...

Heres an Idea NYK and Whatuknow what not just abolish the 16th amendment? I mean if the Republicans like cutting taxes why not just get rid of the income tax? You want to see a boom that will do it. Heres why they dont though....because Republicans love big government just like the Democrats. They really are a two party crime family. I didnt see anything in the Republicans budget that cuts spending enough to even come close to justify tax cuts. Republicans are the pros of the sleight of hand they give tax breaks to look good but dont cut spending to pay for the cuts which is why we are now $11 trillion dollars in debt. So I say until I see some big cuts in spending we need to raise taxes because passing all this debt on to our kids is not moral and just not fair.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Again Republicans, NO NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR BUDGET! How do you not know they will spend 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 on space rides for rich people? You don't because they provided a budget WITH NO NUMBERS!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Thats right. The insane amount of spending by this government is well beyond party lines. It's an all out free for all at the federal level. I think that it's time to reign in our legislative and executive branch.

Maybe it's time also to seriously look at third party candidates in order to start getting some people that are sane in office instead of people that pander to their respective party bases?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Thats right. The insane amount of spending by this government is well beyond party lines. It's an all out free for all at the federal level. I think that it's time to reign in our legislative and executive branch.

Maybe it's time also to seriously look at third party candidates in order to start getting some people that are sane in office instead of people that pander to their respective party bases?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

We were not discussing along party lines, we were discussing along lines of what I consider to be wrong, and wrong(er).

The fact remains that we are not being presented with anything of consequence by either party right now.

Until someone comes along (from either party) with some real ideas to help this country, we are going to continue down the same destructive path.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by nyk537

This is why taxes need to be jacked up to 90%. You see people havent had to pay for this big government this is why you dont see the riots in the street. Instead the government keeps us at bay by passing it on to our kids. If we had to start paying for this big government both left and right would be in the streets. But as long as we dont pay for it we will still keep electing the same people in the two party crime family over and over again......

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

We don't need to pay for it...we need to not do it!

Big government is not the answer.

People need to wake up and take their rights and freedoms back, and stop handing them over to the government for some phony promises.

Unfortunately it's probably going to take all this big government destroying our country to wake people up.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

We don't need to pay for it...we need to not do it!

Big government is not the answer.

People need to wake up and take their rights and freedoms back, and stop handing them over to the government for some phony promises.

Unfortunately it's probably going to take all this big government destroying our country to wake people up.

This is why I say tax 90%. When people start having to pay for this big government they will want changes and that is on BOTH party lines. People like to keep their own money. The fact is big government is going to happen because people arent complaining and people arent complaining because they dont have to pay for it so your working off false realities. To get to our reality we need people in the streets but they wont go to the streets because they are not paying for this big government. This is why I say raise taxes to 90%. I promise you will see people in the streets then and we WILL get the change in government......

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The first time anybody in this country started paying 90% tax, we'd never be able to go back.

The politicians in Washington would keep it going until it was too late and every person in the country was bankrupt. No amount of uproar would be able to stop them once they started seeing those dollar signs.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You have to be crazy to not understand that poor people dont' hire people. If you give tax breaks to the rich and especially corporations, it will bring more business back to our shores quicker.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hmmm.... looks like a tax cut FOR ALL to me.

0..............8,350...........0.00.......10%
8,350 .......33,950......835.00 ......15%
33,950 .....82,250......4,675.00 ....25%
82,250.....171,550 ...16,750.00.....28%
171,550....372,950....41,754.00....33%
372,950..................108,216.00....35%

Funny how people complain about the media until they deceptively title an article the way that the person wants it to sound.

Edit to add: Since when did $100,000 become wealthy?

[edit on 27/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The first time anybody in this country started paying 90% tax, we'd never be able to go back.

The politicians in Washington would keep it going until it was too late and every person in the country was bankrupt. No amount of uproar would be able to stop them once they started seeing those dollar signs.

Let me ask you a question. If Obama announced tomorrow morning taxes were going up to 90% for everyone what would be the peoples reaction? Would they sit at home and celebrate? Would they be in the streets in a French style riot? I happen to believe it would be the straw to break the camels back I believe if he announced it tomorrow you would see the people in the streets by the millions. This is why the government wont do it theyll keep taxes at 39% or so to keep the peons at bay while continuing to rack up huge deficits. I prey they raise taxes to 90% for I know that will be the day America fights back....until then I have no hope for our country.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

Tell that to the poor.

They will laugh in your face.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So are you telling me that somebody that makes $100,000 is rich, or a family together that makes $100,000 is rich. You are WAY off! Think about this, somebody who makes $100,000 and pays 25% taxes makes LESS money then somebody who makes$85,000 and pays 10% taxes....... Nobody ever does the math. The person making $100,000 would bring home $75,000 and the person making $85,000 would bring home $76,500. How is that not far? How is that a tax cut for the "wealthy????????" Obviously if somebody makes $500,000 and they get a 10% tax cut, they will pay less then somebody who gets a 10% tax cut and makes $200,000. Duhhhhh, I mean lets face it, it is not the poor people stimulating the economy, it is the people with small business who of course have to make over $100,000 just to keep their business afloat.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
money in the pocket is worthless if it has no VALUE! a debased currency isnt worth the paper its printed on. i remember seeing photos of germans throwing deutch marks in a fire just to cook what little food that certain family had to eat for dinner!... i believe it was in a Time Life collection of WWII books.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here's my 2 cents:

After taking a beginning economics class at, believe it or not, a very liberal, Democratic-supporting university (totally supported Obama), I learned capitalism is the only way to help the poor. My economics teacher was one of very few at the university in his belief structure.

How many have ever worked for a company owned by a poor person and had job security and stability for years to come?

By giving tax breaks for the wealthy, who are generally big-business owners of companies that if very successful can fuel the economy, this is extremely beneficial for everyone. Check out the Heritage Foundation to learn more.

And I'm certainly not rich myself...I"m quite poor, which is why I'm going to school now...I just know that we are not going to improve the economy by taxing big businesses...they'll shut down or move to another country...and yeah, so the poor have a tax break but where and how will they spend it, with the rest of the economy in shambles after this?

On the surface, helping the poor with tax breaks while taxing the rich seems the way to go, but once you dig deeper into the workings of this model, it just falls apart.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astarfaraway

But they are already shutting down and moving to other countries because they can get slave labor for pennies on the dollar even with zillions in tax breaks already.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Do you people honestly think you can tax the industrialist by 50% and expect them to continue to create jobs? As if they owe it to you, as if it is their duty to provide you with a paycheck.

Why the hell are some of you spouting crap like "tax rich people more so the government can have more money!"

By far the most stupid argument I have ever heard of.

First off, the government produces nothing. NOTHING. All the government can do is steal money from the productive private sector to fund it's own gloat. I wish all government employees where unemployed. Anyone pulling a check from taxpayers is nothing more than a welfare recipient.

You goofballs scream about fairness, and higher taxes for the rich, but you don't ever wonder why it was that those same rich people left our shores with their companies a long time ago.

Some of you have no idea what it is you are asking for. The policies being tried to day are not new, not even close. They have been tried all the way back to Hammurabi in the days of Ancient Babylon. Nothing he did worked them, and it will not work now. That was thousands of years ago, my, my, how we never learn.

I do however enjoy watching the regurgitated nonsense. "Republicans are doing the same old tired thing that got us into this mess." LOL, straight from Olbermans mouth. You guys are even invoking Ronald Regan, The guy hasn't been in office for 20 years..... running short of divisive crap to spew at everyone now that the Democrats are in control are we?

Not one mention of The fed from the OP, No mention of Greenspan, Bernake, or the fact that The original bailout was co-authored By Pelosi, endorsed by Obama, and sanctioned by every bank on wall street. And here you are, still pretending that the Democrats care about the little guy. They are robbing you blind, making millionaires out of everyone that did this, and you think it's ok. They are destroying your money to prop up billionaires, and you, the little guy, are fine with that.....they've renewed the same old defense contracts, and are starting to Nationalize private companies, companies that are owned by private people. And You are ok with it. And they arn't even being sneaky about it. They literally write a check, using you as the collateral, and give it, tax free, to someone that has billions of dollars. And you are defending it.

Explain to me the righteousness in that.

You guys are becoming more like Dick Cheney everyday.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We should tax the heck out of the rich. I mean really really punish the jerks for being productive and giving so many people jobs. TAX THEM! The middle class, that doesnt really pay taxes anyways, because hell, they get their tax returns, NEEDS LESS TAXES!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join