Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What do you hate about America?

page: 5
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I mainly just hate that each of the criminals below represent the most powerful family in America... and came to said power namely on the platform of so called "family values".





posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Colonel...Is the kind of American I really like.
And yes you are right about the censored news, its the same here. This is why I like to talk to other people online, either Americans, French, even the odd egyption.

Tell you one thing the Egyptions are convinced Osama is still CIA :-)



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMadcap
Colonel...Is the kind of American I really like.
And yes you are right about the censored news, its the same here. This is why I like to talk to other people online, either Americans, French, even the odd egyption.

Tell you one thing the Egyptions are convinced Osama is still CIA :-)



Well i am convinced Osama is having a drink with Bush and Saddam at the White House right now and Blair serving them drinks.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
- I hate that the government penalizes you for being successful.
- I hate that the government rewards the lazy.
- I hate that people who take responsibility for their own actions are quickly becoming a minority.
- I hate our populace's short attention span.
- I hate our populace's general apathy.
- I hate that criminals have more rights than victims.
- I hate that Democrats are tolerant of all viewpoints unless it opposes their own. (Nazi! Homophobe! Racist!)
- I hate how some Republicans can be very hypocritical.
- I hate that the stupid outbreed the smart.
- I hate that English is now basically a second language.
- I hate that the black culture ridicules successful African-Americans unless they're an athlete or entertainer.
- I hate that today's youth recognize only style & NOT substance.

I HATE PEOPLE THAT FAIL TO REALIZE THAT DESPITE ALL OF THIS, THEY STILL LIVE IN THE MOST FREE, MOST COMPASSIONATE, BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homer Jay
- I hate that the government penalizes you for being successful.
- I hate that the government rewards the lazy.
- I hate that people who take responsibility for their own actions are quickly becoming a minority.
- I hate our populace's short attention span.
- I hate our populace's general apathy.
- I hate that criminals have more rights than victims.
- I hate that Democrats are tolerant of all viewpoints unless it opposes their own. (Nazi! Homophobe! Racist!)
- I hate how some Republicans can be very hypocritical.
- I hate that the stupid outbreed the smart.
- I hate that English is now basically a second language.
- I hate that the black culture ridicules successful African-Americans unless they're an athlete or entertainer.
- I hate that today's youth recognize only style & NOT substance.

I HATE PEOPLE THAT FAIL TO REALIZE THAT DESPITE ALL OF THIS, THEY STILL LIVE IN THE MOST FREE, MOST COMPASSIONATE, BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH.



best country on earth???not the "my country is bigger then yours" card hmmm my vote goes to wales 'cause nothing bad ever happens there. To be honest nothing actually does happening in wales, thats why its good



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
specialasianX,
Very nice rebuttals of my rebuttals.
Its really all self-interest and greed though. Let me just respond to one thing you said:
Ok yes you are more free than many nations, but your not the most free by a long shot. So what you can have guns, you cant have alot of other things, and privacy seems to be a thing of the past in the states, and once you know enough about someone you can control them
Well, America has just made the non-privacy thing more public (we don't have the most "slick" people running our government you know : ). Most other governments keep the non-privacy police in the shadows, so as not to alert anyone. Because we kind of know what to expect from our government, many people are more aware of what they say or do.

Anyways, I don't know of any government where you can actually trust the people in power. Humans are easy to corrupt.

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
I don't know of any government where you can actually trust the people in power. Humans are easy to corrupt.


I don't think you can trust any government to be honest, most of run by power hungry men who can about there own agendes



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I don't think you can trust any government to be honest, most of run by power hungry men who can about there own agendes


I think it is impotence more than anything else - it is the only way they can get off. Who knows, maybe there is some truth to what I say.


[Edited on 4-21-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I dont hate america but I do hate the policies of this president and in the mess that we are now not only here but all over the word.
I hate the way this president is now responsible for the death of so many americans in the name of his personal war and his personal affairs with big oil companies and big whealthy corporations here in USA, most of his cabinet are all big oilmans and oilwomens with holdings on oil stocks.
I hate the way the media do not target the reality of was going on with this president and his agenda.
I hate this president because now I have to be afraid that my son will be a death hero on another country soil for the whimps of this mentally retarded president and his big interest on the iraki oil so he and his big corporations can keep making money and whealth while we mothers and wifes cry over the spill blood of the inocent.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
maybe your right, but on the other hand maybe your wrong. im talking # now so its my cue to leave
bbl



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

You call sheep people that do not agree with your views...wow....what's new?

Do I agree totally with everything the government does? I have said before I don't so please, stop puting words in my mouth, and what is it with you and sheeps anyway... You name everyone that does not think like you as a sheep? What do you believe yourself to be a shepperd?



Definition of a Sheep by KayEm:

Those who don't have an original thought in their heads and only spout what they've been programmed with.

Those who defend laws and the status quo to the death no matter how asinine the laws or status quo may be and how many individuals they hurt.

Those who believe in "Group-Think" and completely forget about the individual.

Those who try desperately to "shepherd" other people back into line and do stupid things like calling the police or attacking them on message boards when they refuse to conform to the 'majority's wishes and opinions.

Those who put , "what will other people/the neighbors/theboss" think above even their own loved ones feelings.

No, Muaddib, I do not consider myself a shepherd at all, in fact, I don't have any idea how you can even say that. I call any person a sheep who fits the elementary description above, not because they don't agree with me. I could give a rats ass if you or anybody else disagrees with me, what I get upset about is having the same preprogrammed drivel spouted at me day in and day out in an effort to convert me into one of the comatose masses.


Originally posted by Saphronia

I wanna nut-up on every April 15, cause refund is not in my vocabulary. I wanna nut-up when I see my pay stub, cause I know I will never see those FICA dollars.



I hear THAT. That particular acronym (whatever the hell it is) seems to be responsible for the biggest portion taken out of each paycheck I recieve every other week and it pisses me off too. If it's social security, then it pisses me off even more. Going to fund another well-off senile old farts RV while I sit here and struggle to feed my family and often end up short a few days before the next paycheck.



Originally posted by Muaddib
You can't get high smoking marijuana?

Tell that to the families of people that have died from a car crash caused by someone under the influence of this same drug.

Do not bring up that people are killed also by alcohol. Drinking moderately does not impair your senses, smoking just a bit of marijuana does impair your senses and puts people at risk.

Anyways, there "are" laws against "drunk driving."


Sure, there are people that are killed by every drug, but in marijuanas case it isn't the drug itself (since marijuana is next to impossible to overdose on), but when you go out driving or whatever.

Alcohol on the other hand is responsible for more deaths then almost any other drug, with the exception of tobacco and every seems to know it except for those who stick to the standard lines bottle fed them by our government.

It is not true that a little bit of alcohol does not affect you. It most certainly does indeed. In order to serve alcohol in my state you must take a 4 hour class in order to obtain a permit. I learned some very interesting things about alcohol. First, that a shot, a glass of wine, and a beer all have the same amount of alcohol, and yes, that even small sips of alcohol are absorbed immediately through the mucous membranes of the mouth and throat before it even hits the stomach.

In fact, it was my teachers feeling that because of this, even small amounts weren't safe to drink before driving. You are impaired even if you don't think you feel anything. And you're telling me that alcohol should still remain legal while marijuana is not ?

And while we're on the subject of safe/unsafe drivers, what about all those senile senior citizens out there that are allowed to continue driving even after they've crashed into markets and killed a bunch of people ?

What about cell phone users, or people who eat leaving only one hand free to drive ?

What about people who are simply TIRED from a days work ?

My point is that if we're gonna make a concerted effort to rid the streets of so-called dangerous drivers, let's go whole hog here and not leave anybody out.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Do not bring up that people are killed also by alcohol. Drinking moderately does not impair your senses, smoking just a bit of marijuana does impair your senses and puts people at risk.


What horse#?! That is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. I'm currently dealing with an alcoholic friend of mine that's been in several car accidents and had TOO many close calls, all because he chooses to drink and drive.

Alcohol is the number one cause of car accident fatalities in the United States. Here's a link for you.

www.dot.gov...

"Alcohol-related fatalities remained at 41 percent of the total with 17, 419 deaths in 2002, up slightly from 17,400 in 2001."

Alcohol impairs one's ability to drive much more than marijuana EVER could. Please refer to the statistics.


[Edited on 4/21/2004 by Bangin]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My turn to chime in ...

I'm using "discusted" not hate, because the word hate means to murder in the commandments.


Okay, so i'm discusted with lot's of #e here and around the world...

The fact that self-interest leads to greed, which leads to gluttony, which leads to anger, hate, rage, which leads to displacing their toxic emotions on external circumstances, like people, and then spreading their negativity around like wild fire.
You see it everywhere.
Whether it be on the roads, in busy malls, stores, in line, ect...

I am totally discusted that today's so called mainstream music, owned and operated by greedy, stupid, corporate monkey's, they brainwash the kids and turn em into little # sticks.

I'm discusted with people in general not Americans, as Americans are simply part and parcel of the whole genie gig.
We as citizens of the world, not just one country have become so materialized, we're destroying our environment because we believe we just CAN'T live without certain materials.
While America is #1 in the whole global warming process, China falls to #2, and actually may become #1 in just a short time.

It seems corporations are not giving a #, and neither is our governments (WORLDWIDE) when it comes to the environment... We're running out of resources because of our gluttony.

What's left when we don't have a pot to piss in??
Greedy people who are going to oust themselves because they took the wrong the path that the governments and greedy corporations put us on...
Or should I say brainwashed us all to take that path...

You roll with the punches, thats what we did... And what we are still doing..


All this anger about how America sucks is just displaced.
America has a really #ty government, whether it be liberal or repub, both IMO are pure and full of hypocritical bull#.

We're depending too much on government hand outs these days, criticizing the poor and criticizing the wealthy...
If people look deeper into it, they aren't mad at other people, they are mad at themselves because they just aren't happy.

Governments will never make people happy, neither will corporations, and neither will the people that follow suit.
Turn to God.. Start respecting the environment, start respecting animals and people, and for the love of God, start respecting yourselves!! Your all a bunch of gluttonous heathens!!



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Insite......no thank you, I don't want to know about illegal drugs that impair my thinking, I see what they have done to you and others, thank you very much. And I don't want to see America become a land of drug addicts like you seem to want.


AgentMadcap......You are the typical asswipe who goes around throwing insults to everything the US does, but you have not even taken the time to look at all the evidence that shows that Iraq had or the amount of evidence that points Iraq's WMD were sent elsewhere, you just prefer to insult and bash.
You are talking about intelligence but you don't show any, you just go around bashing and insulting Americans. Being able to insult someone doesn't make you smarter, it makes you an a s s. If you want to make a point, prove it, otherwise you are just a bitching old hag, just like most weak minded Europeans are.

If you would have really used your so called "intelligence" and "showed" some evidence to make your point, then we would be having an intelligent conversation.

And don't be so stupid as to tell me that the evidence is in not having found conclusive evidence of WMD, because you will make yourself more of an a s s.

You want to make a point? Try to make it at this link, after you have read the information there.
www.abovetopsecret.com...


[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Muaddib]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I hate Bush, I hate Clinton, I hate the two party system and peoples unwillingness to look beyond them and start supporting the myriad of other parties we have.

I hate our foreign policy which is gonna destroy us if we dont stop.

I hate unchecked cooperate bribery and commandeering of govornment interest by rich assholes.

I hate the religious right.

I hate our contradictary relations and way we treat potential and solid allies, yet feed and fatten our enemies.

I hate our undying support for Israel, the Zionist control of the mainstream media, and the media itself being so weak willed and compliant.

I hate the oil companies who prevent us from moving on into cleaner, greener technology and American independance from oil and foreign interferance. I hate Enron. I hate the energy piracy and slavery.

I hate cooperate farming, which is destroying American family farming and a whole way of life. I hate cows on steroids and mutant corn.

I hate rich developers tearing down forest, wetland, and historical buolding to build a starbucks or more stupid houses. I hate the destruction of history and beauty here.

I hate our immigration policies. I hate our lack of concern for a lame laughable borders. I hate the fact that mexican workers can come over here and get free public heathcare, something that the rest of America is denied.

I hate the castration and sensitization of our military. I hate politics running the military. I hate the slow decline in military quality.

I hate the destruction of the family unit.

Other than that, theres more to love about this country, and by god, all that is wrong with America can be fixed. Its never too late.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I hate Bush, I hate Clinton, I hate the two party system and peoples unwillingness to look beyond them and start supporting the myriad of other parties we have.

I hate our foreign policy which is gonna destroy us if we dont stop.

I hate unchecked cooperate bribery and commandeering of govornment interest by rich assholes.

I hate the religious right.

I hate our contradictary relations and way we treat potential and solid allies, yet feed and fatten our enemies.

I hate our undying support for Israel, the Zionist control of the mainstream media, and the media itself being so weak willed and compliant.

I hate the oil companies who prevent us from moving on into cleaner, greener technology and American independance from oil and foreign interferance. I hate Enron. I hate the energy piracy and slavery.

I hate cooperate farming, which is destroying American family farming and a whole way of life. I hate cows on steroids and mutant corn.

I hate rich developers tearing down forest, wetland, and historical buolding to build a starbucks or more stupid houses. I hate the destruction of history and beauty here.

I hate our immigration policies. I hate our lack of concern for a lame laughable borders. I hate the fact that mexican workers can come over here and get free public heathcare, something that the rest of America is denied.

I hate the castration and sensitization of our military. I hate politics running the military. I hate the slow decline in military quality.

I hate the destruction of the family unit.

Other than that, theres more to love about this country, and by god, all that is wrong with America can be fixed. Its never too late.




i just love you rants hunni
come on, America is not that bad surely

[grammer isn't my strong point
]

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by infinite]



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Insite......no thank you, I don't want to know about illegal drugs that impair my thinking, I see what they have done to you and others, thank you very much. And I don't want to see America become a land of drug addicts like you seem to want.


Fine, stay in your hole. But if you're going to remain ignorant to the facts I would appreciate it if you would stop insulting me. America will become a land of drug addicts with or without your laws and until you realise this you are in denial.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would have to disagree though with privacy. America is the easiest place to gain privacy.

Because its the easiest place to fade in. Its easy to disappear in America. Look how many thousands of crooks every year do so.

If you dont use credit cards, or electronic banking, or create a disguise name online, you can gain privacy. Theres so many subcultures, undergrounds, ect, its easy to disappear. Vanish. In this country, one can live thier lives without ever having to deal with any form of govornment. Something that in other countries, u cant do. You justb have to give up unnecesary crap like cellphones, credit cards, debit cards, even bank accounts really.



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   


Amuk - You are a part of the global problem..its called total stupidity! you sad fool!


Your mama


Now we are even



Hitler would not have nuked us he could not get here as was pointed out, but he could have kept right on kicking your little panzy asses. Hell he wouldnt even needed the nukes all that he would have needed was for yall to stop running long enough to fight. During my time in the military I met many brave, strong men from the UK, I hope one of them kicks your ass


As for the Japanese are they any deader than those civialians in Germany that you firebombed? How about those in London the Germans bombed? How about those in the Towers? How about those in Bagdad? Let me fill youi in on a little seceret buddy, people die in war. Its loud horrbile and messy and I personally think it sucks.

As for the muslims I have met good ones and I have met raving lunitics kind of every other bunch I have ever seen. To say that they are all just peacful people that are being wrongly abused by the big bad USA is stupid.

You are the kind of idiot that will blame the USA for what is happining in another country and then if we DO interfer you will wring your hands and cry about those hurt in the process, like a nagging woman either way your gonna bitch.

I think your REAL problem with us is we dont give a # what a candy ass thinks about us


Have a nice day



posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   


Insite......no thank you, I don't want to know about illegal drugs that impair my thinking, I see what they have done to you and others, thank you very much. And I don't want to see America become a land of drug addicts like you seem to want.



Become??????

I live in the backwoods and can get any drug I want in an hour.

It already is a country of drug addicts its just a matter of how we plan to deal with it.





new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join