It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
anything and everything having to do with cars

I guess you hate torque, horsepower, and big V8 engines?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
i hate..

American capitalism
American neo-fascism
American way of life
America thinking its the best
America thinking its rules the world
American "world police"
American Government

So funny you say this with a MCR avatar?

You do understand that the only reason you have ever heard of them is because of American capitalism and our way of life, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Lousy beer. That's what I hate most.

America has THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD!

beeradvocate.com...

We have more beers in the top 10 then the rest of the world COMBINED.

You just need to drink micro brews and not the big 3 (Bud, Coors, Miller).

[edit on 9-11-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I hate the fact that we now instead of "majority rules" will LET one whiney assed parent who doesn't want their child reciting the Pledge of Allegiance because it contains 'Under God' dictate what everyone else can do.

This country was founded on Christian principles, not Muslim, not even Native American (I'm NA). If you are offended that our public buildings have the Ten Commandments in stone and not a Koran or a Buddha, go back to where you came from. YOU adapt, not the rest of us!

In short...I HATE LIBERALS and SPOILED HOLLYWOOD TYPES!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf

This country was founded on Christian principles, not Muslim, not even Native American (I'm NA).

Your country was NOT founded on Christian principles, but plain old common sense at that time. Get that in your head.

No in shor you are keeping the division alive. And those in power are laughing at you, the public because you are not putting your differences aside and uniting against them. Untill you see that, you should stay in PTS then I guess...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I hate that it wouldn't make one bit of difference if I told you what I hate about it.

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I hate how America is slowly losing their American merchant marines to flag of convenience ships that feed their crews fish heads and rice for breakfast lunch and dinner. These poor sailors make in a month what an American sailor makes in a day. Their ships are falling apart due to lack of maintenance because of less stringent regulations. Also, Lord knows how many disgruntled, America hating foreign sailors are coming into our ports everyday.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i hate the ego driven ignorance of many. the way the HAVE's get richer by rapeing the have nots in a way that makes the have nots seem that they should be greatful for what the haves offer them. if it wasnt for the have nots those haves would no longer have anything. i hate the idea of the american dream in wich it is good to be better than someone else and feed off their losses.
but thats just my opinion

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annacryst
i hate the ego driven ignorance of many. the way the HAVE's get richer by rapeing the have nots in a way that makes the have nots seem that they should be greatful for what the haves offer them. if it wasnt for the have nots those haves would no longer have anything. i hate the idea of the american dream in wich it is good to be better than someone else and feed off their losses.
but thats just my opinion

I am one of the "HAVE's". Please tell me exactly how my self or my parents "raped" anyone else.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i hate the american government because of the dispropotionate amount of power it gives lobbying groups (ie the gun lobby, the oil lobby, and the corporate lobby). this is supposed to be a land of the people, not a land controlled by those who have the most dead presidents in the bank.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hate the hypocracy. Everyone is a hypocrity and the worse ones are the ones who will not admit it.

The number one thing I hate is being a 3RD CLASS CITIZEN BECAUSE I SMOKE MARIJUANA. I just lost my job because I got a random drg test, the company did not want me to go but because of the insurance strong hold they had no choice. Almost every high paying job out there requires a drug test and while hard drugs like coc aine and heroin will be out of a person's system in days, marijuana by products stay in for weeks or longer. Ive read and seen on the news how so many lawmakers use the line of make laws that our Founding Father's would be proud of, those lawmakers turn a blind eye to the fact that many of then grew hemp and used the stuff for medicinal purposes as well as for the fibers the stalk produces. As long as the pharmaceutical companies and big industries cant make money off of it it wont be legalized.

I also hate how big oil, pharmaceutical companies, and big industry run our countries by their lobbying power or whatever they do($$$$$) to those in power in to make the laws and regulations.

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The number one thing I hate is being a 3RD CLASS CITIZEN BECAUSE I SMOKE MARIJUANA. I just lost my job because I got a random drg test, the company did not want me to go but because of the insurance strong hold they had no choice. Almost every high paying job out there requires a drug test and while hard drugs like coc aine and heroin will be out of a person's system in days, marijuana by products stay in for weeks or longer. Ive read and seen on the news how so many lawmakers use the line of make laws that our Founding Father's would be proud of, those lawmakers turn a blind eye to the fact that many of then grew hemp and used the stuff for medicinal purposes as well as for the fibers the stalk produces. As long as the pharmaceutical companies and big industries cant make money off of it it wont be legalized.

Marijuana Restrictions are not about making money, I hope you understand that. Personnally I would advise you to quit your habit as difficult as it may sound.
Now as for what I hate about America, really it's hard to say. Overall I think it is a great country with a horizon of endless opportunities. That does not mean however that it is flawless. The main thing I dislike about the U.S. is the K-8 Education system. From personal experience, I strongly advocate restructuring this system. In European schools there is great emphasis on memorization in the grade school system, which in essence increases an individuals learning capacity.

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquidus
[Marijuana Restrictions are not about making money, I hope you understand that. Personnally I would advise you to quit your habit as difficult as it may sound.

Americal is the best country ever no doubt.

Restrictions on marijuana are about making money I am sure. I've seen my local courthouse in action and a big portion of defendends are there for a simple marijuana possesion charge, get it downgraded to a paraphanilia charge and a $200+ fine+court fees and told if they are busted again within 6 months they will see jail time. This alone pumps in a great deal of revenue in my country. While the prohibition may not be about money, the court fees and fine really add up. I also believe that if it were legal the economy would see a slow down because so many would be content staying home and smoking all day, this of course will hurt the retail economy. Money is an issue but the fact is it is a harmless plant and just by growing a few I could face felony charges and decades in prison, that is just not right.

I have no reason to quit, I only harm myself by smoking. I think the ideal situation with marijuana is to make it availible to everyone with a chronic illness, as long as they sign a waiver aknowledging that smoking it will shorten their lifespan to avoid the legal problems tobacco companies have faced. Which brings me to another thing I hate, lawyers and the legal system.

Im sure no one wants to read a long rant by me so Ill make this short. Big tobacco should never had to pay lifelong smokers medical cost, settlements, families, and what not. This is just one example of many many ridiculous lawsuits that should never have been filed yet still won an abhorrent amount of money. My point is often times in court, the facts are thrown out the window and the case is decided on who has better legal tactics and/or a better council.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hate the humans... worst thing for this world really...

that and ez cheese... whoever came up with that should be beaten with a sack of wet mice.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. I love America and Americans. Its just Bush I cant stand.

I was always in awe of America. No matter what kind of American you were black, white, pink or blue.... you were just proud to be American, nothing else.

I think the country is losing/lost its pride. Alot like we have here in Britain.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin
Ive said it before and Ill say it again. I love America and Americans. Its just Bush I cant stand.

I was always in awe of America. No matter what kind of American you were black, white, pink or blue.... you were just proud to be American, nothing else.

I think the country is losing/lost its pride. Alot like we have here in Britain.

I'm blue myself....

Funny.. I always admired England for it's sence of history.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We're losing that too, they keep knocking buildings down and replacing them with flats/apartments or keeping the buildings and turning them into flats/apartments.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SapphireHarlequin

I have to ask what you mean by this. You can't take what you hear from this forum as an example of how the average American thinks or feels. I enjoy reading and answering threads in this forum as much as the next person, but you have to understand the community here does not reflect the thoughts and feelings of the average blue collar American.

Outside of the liberal breeding grounds we call "Universities," I think you will find a better example of how the average American thinks and feels about the U.S.

*my two cents*

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Havn't you heard, Lost Sailor, we torture people....

"We" are above the law..

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join