It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hate the fact that we are slowly turning into a police state and no one seems to care, as a matter of fact they cant seem to wait to wear there chains. I am over 50 and can not count the rights that have been striped away during that time. Now it seems you have to prove you are NOT a criminal not the other way around. The attacks were subtle at first, SS cards, background checks, confiscation laws, etc. But are quickly becoming obvious It seems, and still no one cares.

I hate being a pall bearer at the funeral of freedom in the USA

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
hate America ... I hate the uncoothe, back water, uninellegant Americans we have. Most people are ok ... there is just a handfull or RUDE, ignorant people in our society.

*Z*

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerinity
hate America ... I hate the uncoothe, back water, uninellegant Americans we have. Most people are ok ... there is just a handfull or RUDE, ignorant people in our society.

*Z*

Um Z? Since I was born in Louisianna, does that make me 'back water'? What do you consider unintelligent? Does speellllinggg coont?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I dont hate america, i hate thier gov and the way they abuse every even thier own people to get america on top.
I don't hate americans i just don't like americans who are ignorant of thier allies to the point where they think britian is england and think scotland is a seperate island.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
devil,Scotland is seperate isn' t it ? they are building their own parliment or something like that.

I hate all the people who are jelous of our great country and want to discredit it with their version of " MORAL" and " Righteous" ! I say to them - HA thats a laugh!

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
I hate all the people who are jelous of our great country and want to discredit it with their version of " MORAL" and " Righteous" ! I say to them - HA thats a laugh!

I'm guessing that was directed at the "red" states.

Booya

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't hate anything or anyone. But I can think of something I find annoying:

You know something is SERIOUSLY wrong when an Australian can imitate an American imitating and Australian.

There, got that off my chest. Now I'll change the pace a little, and go opposite on you. I love how Australians are loved in America. For no other reason than...well...being Australian. I chat to my American friends on the internet via voice communication and the females, for some bizarre reason, love the Australian accent. Are you people fuggin insane?? The Australian accent is NOTHING to pant about....REALLY! When I enquire further regarding this, they tell me that American women have this thing for accents. And because Australia is flavour of the month/year/decade (or something) in the US, we seem to be welcomed to America with open....arms. Yeah. Now I havn't tested this, but I have a few friends who travelled to and returned from the US and they seem to say the same thing. As I am a man who scoffs at blind faith and must see the evidence for myself, I plan to test this little theory out when an opportunity for an overseas holiday opens up again. And I will report back with my findings, perhaps even while "on location".

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

Originally posted by specialasianX
Yes i live in Australia which is USA II and i dont like the fact we're USA two. But our way of life still kicks the crap out of yours.

Why not think a bit before you type there mate, been hanging out with those tribal women a bit to much eah?

WTF?? What on earth could that mean? How do you link "thinking before you type" with "hanging out with those tribal women"?? Or is this just some typical racist BS from you?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I chat to my American friends on the internet via voice communication and the females, for some bizarre reason, love the Australian accent. Are you people fuggin insane?? The Australian accent is NOTHING to pant about....REALLY! When I enquire further regarding this, they tell me that American women have this thing for accents. And because Australia is flavour of the month/year/decade (or something) in the US, we seem to be welcomed to America with open....arms. Yeah. Now I havn't tested this, but I have a few friends who travelled to and returned from the US and they seem to say the same thing. As I am a man who scoffs at blind faith and must see the evidence for myself, I plan to test this little theory out when an opportunity for an overseas holiday opens up again. And I will report back with my findings, perhaps even while "on location".

LOL as an American woman believe me when I say...YES we love Australian accents!

(sorry for posting off topic...just had to say that)

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I dislike people who claim to love their country but are extremely willing to see it go down hill, to lose your rights due to "terrorism" to applaud anything the government does and praise it blindly knowing that each day that goes by your liberties are taken away from you bit by bit.

I dislike people who are all for giving away your civil liberties 'cause they dont have a mind of their own to think what this means..they're just following what the guy on the radio says to be true, you know, the guy with the drug addiction, who works directly for the government, going thru a divorce, etc....

Oh...and i hate:
Rude people
Arrogant people
Stupid people
People with no sense of humor
The MacDonald employee who cheats me out of a mcnugget
The foreign boss with God-like powers
Blabber mouths
Holier than thou people
People who cant understand things
People who embrace ignorance

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
[edit on 19-12-2004 by rogue1]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

What do you HATE about America? Your Oreo's!

I love Oreo's! Are you insane? Your just not putting them in your mouth fast enough

What is it? You Americans send us Aussies all the duds

We did send them Foster's Lager remember, that's worthy of economic sanctions in itself

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101
devil,Scotland is seperate isn' t it ? they are building their own parliment or something like that.

Yeah your point is?

HA HA! great country! Your country is just as great as ours!
Name me one thing america has that we dont.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
[HA HA! great country! Your country is just as great as ours!

Pamela Anderson

You do get points for taking Madonna so I guess it evens out

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by devilwasp
[HA HA! great country! Your country is just as great as ours!

Pamela Anderson

You do get points for taking Madonna so I guess it evens out

We also have Carmen Electra

What I hate is that our public schools ban and censor literature, even classic pieces for many assinine reasons. I hate the fact that people in our government want to decide what is ok for me to watch on tv and view on the internet. I hate they polticians are trying to take away many gun rights. And I hate that our youth is becoming a slave to popular media and becoming ignorant.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't hate my country, but here are a few things I strongly dislike about it:

1. I can't stand Americans that put country over world, we all live on one planet, I'm an earthling before I'm an American. I wish E.T.s would invade, people wouldn't be so over-patriotic then, they would realize how ridiculous it is.

2. I dislike our current pop culture that makes street criminals into millionaires, our culture pays talentless thugs millions of dollars to say a negative poem over a computer-manufactured beat, which for some reason, maybe lack of REAL parental guidance, attracts youth like insects and in some cases causes the most impressionable and mindless youth to actually try and live their lives around the music and the negativity it promotes. Not that we can or should censor music, but how can this garbage be so popular? There's alot of good music out these days too, but those bands that have a sincere message are not placed on high by the youth like the fake "artists". And don't get me started about sports.

3. I dislike the extremes of this country, on one side you have the religious freaks that base their ENTIRE lives on their religion (not just Christianity). They feel that their way of life is the only acceptable way, and that all others are going to hell or wherever. They do not act like true believers and respect everybody, regardless of their beliefs, instead they judge and seethe with hatred at those who have other views. A true believer would live life the way they think is right, and allow their god to sort things out in the end. On the other side, you have those who throw caution to the wind in every aspect of life, regardless of consequences or pain they may inflict on their loved ones or society, they party to excess, have indiscriminate unprotected sex often resulting in unwanted children who grow up without guidance and continue the cycle.

Not that we're the only country with these problems, but this is what I see and dislike most about America.

[edit on 22-12-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I used to hate America- couldnt wait to see it fall. but ehh, I still hate it, but I guess I dont wanna blow it up now and couldnt wait to see it deterorate and go to hell where it belongs

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What is bad about America?

1. Bad public transportation system.

You have a large country and don’t have a good public transportation system for the people to move around the country.
Your trains and buses are slow. It would take you many days to get from NY to LA by train or bus. Your best choice is the aeroplane.

In your cities, you don’t have a good transportation system to move in the cities. You prefer cars than buses. None of your cities have trams. There are few buses. Your best choice is the subway, but not all American cities have a subway.

2. You are one of the few countries in the world that do not acknowledge the Hague Tribunal.

3. You don’t use the metric system, while almost all of the countries do.
4. Too little vacation. You have only two weeks of vacation. That’s way too little.
5. You cause most of the world’s pollution.
6. You are the country with the highest number of serial killers.
7. You are the country with the highest number of alcoholics in the West, and the country with the second-highest number of alcoholics in the world (with Russia being the first).
8. You are the country with the highest number of murders.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Because they do not know a single thing about geography of their ally....

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX
What is bad about America?

4. Too little vacation. You have only two weeks of vacation. That’s way too little.

Here here! I couldn't believe how little vacation time was given in this country. When I left England, I had 6 weeks paid vacation per year (excluding stat. holidays)...and when I first started work in the US, I had...wow, a whole week. Oy. And we wonder why stress levels are so high?!

8. You are the country with the highest number of murders.

Ah, not true. In fact, the US comes in at a mere 24th on the list. Have a look right here

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join