It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you hate about America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
besides bush, what makes you really hate the U.S?
is it our foreign policy?
our nuclear weapons?
our alliance with israel? what is it? let ur rants out right here, right now! how can we improve ourselves?

[edit on 14-12-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm an american born and bred and love my country.

I would like to see more people be more polite and courteous.

Would it kill people to say excuse me, or wave a thank you after you let them into the lane.

Also more aware of their world.

Other than that we rock!

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Other than that we rock!

o god...i sense a wave of retaliation coming for saying that, spider. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i don't hate anything about america, although some people maybe ruder than others, or complain constantly about our situation, or past situations, people are entitled to their opinions and beliefs, and that's what makes america.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ahhh, what do I hate about america?

I hate drivers in the Green Bay area, they always drive so slowly and in the left lane!

I also hate White Castle.

And of course, I hate the Packers!

link   
I hate how a lot of the people here in america are just plain a**holes. Sometimes we can just be so rude, but hey- so can the rest of the world. But overall this country rules.

link   

o god...i sense a wave of retaliation coming for saying that, spider. lol

God help me I couldn't help myself

We're supposed to be boastful and arrogant right?

SPiderj inda USA

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well I dont no about you guys but I have always hated THE PRESS. Hum THE PRESS sounds like a movie. Anyway I hate THE PRESS because THE PRESS is always tilted and theres to much murder and celebraties. I swear if I have to see the flour white plastic childboy molester one more time,... well you know.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I HATE the fact that some people here actually over all dislike this place. To those whom this aplies - GET THE # OUT!

I HATE the fact that some blacks blame the white man for their problems because of slavery 200 years ago.

I HATE that we give out money to people - let everyone else fend for themselves unless it is vital for national intrests.

I hate how some people vote, even when they have no clue about what a politician stands for. (that goes for both republicans and democrats)

I hate that we let boarder jumpers stay here and give their children that are born here citizenship.

But over all - I LOVE THE US MORE THEN ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF MY FAM.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I hate the length of the off-season between the Superbowl and the pre-season. NFL rocks!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
besides bush, what makes you really hate the U.S?
is it our foreign policy?
our nuclear weapons?
our alliance with israel? what is it? let ur rants out right here, right now! how can we improve ourselves?

Wow! What do we HATE about America?!? Who are you asking? Those who live here and obviously take for granted the liberties and securities are fought and bought for us, or those who live elsewhere and absolutely hate us now for actually putting our welfare first rather than bowing down to the U.N.?

Now, whatever group this is, I notice your steering. You assume we all hate Bush. That is to say, you want us all to hate Bush becausae you do.
Our foreign policy? Again, directed at Bush, I'm sure. Were it another president who knew only enough about the rest of the world to kiss its butt and fly around it at the tax payers expense, or maybe to blow a few things up in it now and then to make him look concerned about our security while at the same time doing nothing, that would be fine. Having a president who actually sees what needs to be done and has the cajones to do it, well, now, you can't have that! And for a president to see that the lopsided hypocisy of tariffs placed upon us while we are expected to suck it up with none of our own, who does he think he is?!? Doesn't he know that half-wits want an illusionary "Fair" trade more than free trade?

Our nuclear weapons? What do you know about our special weapons other than what some sniveling left-wing teacher or some pansy, Hate America website told you? Look around, see what you have, hug your family and than God for our nuclear arsenal; it insured you'd survive to have what you do.

Our alliance with Israel? What, you've got a problem with the one free state in the entire Mid East? A handfull of people living smack-dab in the middle of a bunch of people that want to see each and every one of them dead, and you find it dificult to hold your head up knowing that we are allies with these people?

OK, you want to know what I hate about America? I'll tell you. Stupid people, that's what. Stupid, weak-minded, weak-spirited, yellow-bellied pseudo men who are so wishy-washy, un- and miseducated, and "open-minded" (that every bit of trash that floats by is trapped in their otehrwise empty heads) that think compromising of principles and national ethics while throwing out our cultural moral compass will make us a better country and at teh same time will serve the world better. That's what I hate.

That and Budweiser. I really hate Budweiser.

Oh, and the public supported but liberal controlled education system that teaches all the above stated problems.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, the sports are boring, but I can just switch off so thats ok. Other than that, and the fact that the Bush Administration are a bunch of chancers, the one thing I hate is the number of dangerous elderly drivers.

I have lost count of the number of times I have had to leap away from some senile old feck who can't drive properly or can't tell the difference between a red light and a green one. When the light says 'Walk', I do - but I make sure I have my eyes open just in case.

At least in England they have to be retested at 70, and if they fail the test, they lose their licences.

I forgot - you can add KayEm's kids to that too. Pair of disrespectful bastards.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I hate people who live here, claim they hate it here, but don't leave. Like someone else said, if you don't like it here, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Otherwise I hate the Yankees.

And more seriously, I may disagree with those in the government, but I could never hate this country.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
America, at one time I would have died for this government with no hessitation. Then 20 years
of whatching it and the things it does. Like assuming
immunity or non disclosure of absolute foreign policies.
Among a lot of other unilateral propanda among a multilateral, multidimensional world. Since when can one
assume to be fault proof, or above common respect.
The last time was WW2.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
What do you HATE about America?

Your Oreo's!

Apart from them tasting great they suck.

I saw a ad where this kid has the Oreo experience.
Pulls the two discs apart, licks the cream, puts them back together, dips them in milk and eats them.

This all looked really good to me, so I bought some. I tried to twist apart about 12 Oreo's and they ALL crubled or broke.

What is it? You Americans send us Aussies all the duds.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks, LD, you drove my "I hate the public education system" point stright home! Spelling and grammar takes a back seat to being able to say nothing.
Unilateral propaganda?
Multilateral, multidimensional world?
Who has assumed any "fault proof? When one assume a "fault proof" position, does that mean they can prove any faults?
"Common Respect" is what, and what does WWII have to do with common respect?
I'm sure you have things to say about your 20 years of observation, but my 40 years doesn't give me enough experience with this kind of abstract writing to know what it is that you might be saying.
Are you a politician?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Station, stay away from the Oreos!! They are packaged death; that's all they are!!
What is that crap called, hydrogenated oil? That's all the center is, and it'll kill you. Stay away from fast food fries, while you're at it. They are cooked in that crap as well.
It'd be healthier to smoke!

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Station, stay away from the Oreos!! They are packaged death; that's all they are!!
What is that crap called, hydrogenated oil? That's all the center is, and it'll kill you. Stay away from fast food fries, while you're at it. They are cooked in that crap as well.
It'd be healthier to smoke!

You been spying on me? I eat little fast food but I smoke. So I may die of cancer but my arteries A-OK.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'd rather eat good tasting food (yes, my opinion) than smoke something that makes me smell like ass.

But that's why I LOVE America. I have the freedom to do both of those things. I know this is the hate America forum, but I just had to add this.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'll bite. But I will not respond to rants, raves, and diatribes that don't exhibit an inkling of thought.

- I hate the fact that 'growth' in America consists of building Wal Marts, Starbucks, and other chain companies (to the detriment of mom and pop businesses) in conjuction with the construction of suburbs to create epicenters of 'commerce' that lack in both individual creativity and care for the enviroment.

- Follow-Up: I hate the fact that companies tear down the enviroment and then name the suburb after the deceased land. 'Oak Glen', 'Sunny Brook', 'Vista View'.

- I hate that Americans are so enraptured with the television and mass media (to the detriment of family and mind) Both of which are predicated on the psychological buying patterns of consumers. America is laden with FADS.

- I hate that America is so gluttonous and wasteful when it comes to food, being that there are starving people all over the world, and in America itself.

- I hate the fact that America dropped two atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

- I hate the fact that America is the most violent country in the world, internally and externally.

- I hate the fact that there are more black men in prison than in college.

- I hate the fact that it had to take a 'movement' for Women and others to gain equal status in this country. And even still, there are serious equal rights issues in this country.

- I hate the fact that the voting system is predicated on two parties who are mostly out of touch with the daily lives of it's citizens, and more in touch with their own agenda.

- I hate the fact that less than half of the population votes (which speaks VOLUMES about a society).

- I hate the fact that we had to slaughter those who were here before us to establish our Manifest Destiny, our America.

- I hate the fact that children are taught a mostly european perspective of world history in our schools.

- I hate the fact the a person's success is directly related to the size of their wallet.

- And finally, I hate the fact that the Red Sox cannot win the godamn World Series.

These are some of MY perceptions of America. Unlike many people in this world I do not associate the few with the whole, i.e. all Americans are not evil.

If you think I am some 'bleeding heart' liberal you are wrong. Categories make everything easier, but they are not indicative of the individual and their viewpoint in a given society. Furthermore, if you think any of my allusions to the past are erroneous simply because 'that was the past', then you are again mistaken.... That is how we are supposed to learn!

I can also give numerous examples of what I love about this country, but that was not the question.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join