It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Overthrow

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
With everything that is going on in the World is it time to overthrow the government or to sit back and let it go?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just to let you know, this is a very sensitive issue for the government. This thread has most likely become flagged and watched by quite a few intelligence agencies for having the words "overthrow" and "government" in the same sentence. You should definitely add "peaceful" in that statement.
I believe the entire government should be replaced but through PEACE. I don't want another civil war or any other bloodshed. I'm tired of the killing.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

It seems to me that violence will be the only option. Considering that they don't listen to the people whop put them in office and people are becoming increasingly pissed off, then what option do they leave us? How long do we stand for the things they are doing to us?

EDIT for spelling.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by TheLoony]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We're just waiting...

The opportunity will arrive, and WE THE PEOPLE will act accordingly.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well my name Is Sniper.
I work for the Hells Angels MC World.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
you simple minded fools
which of you is gonna take control... aye? to overthrow the government you'll have to go the fo-fo (police) the CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA, the military, private security and a whole host of other gun wielding powerhouses.

not too menthion in a violent coup you'll be attacking your own people. you will destroy your own nation. lets say all that done. who is going to take control of your 50,000,000 people.
i'll tell you. nobody.
you ever played fallout 3?
that's what you can expect complete anarchy. neighbors killing neighbors,
family killing family...... people eating people.
you are fools. because you don't like somethings about your leadership or don't approve of some actions they take you'll overthrow the government/
it is the government that allows you to live and breath freely and for some reason start threads like this.
fools.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

And that's your simple-minded opinion, foolishly basing
your assumptions off of a video game nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Go ahead call people fools

push the right buttons, steal more money from them, and anger (nice word) them more, you'll see thousands of "Spartacus" types emerge.

Mr. spear the most foolish thing you could do is to leave your house.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
look. i respect everyones opinions (to a degree). and my opinions are not based on video games. they are based on reality.
we (us here on this forum are a minority) and what makes us feel like we have the right to take over the world. you may think you speak on behalf of the masses but you don't. 80% of everyone on this planet thinks the conspiracies that fly around here are utter BS. i know i deal with those types everyday.
the theory of destroying the government and taking over on behalf of the people is a complete falacy.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
we (us here on this forum are a minority) and what makes us feel like we have the right to take over the world.

Who said anything about taking over the world?

the theory of destroying the government and taking over on behalf of the people is a complete falacy.

Incorrect. The argument that we don't have the power to do anything is the only fallacy I see. How do you think this country was originally formed?
There's a book, Common Sense, (no pun intended) by Thomas Paine.
I suggest picking it up and reading it sometime.

and really your all worried that the governments are robbing you so your fight is for money also.

Well, I suppose you are free to sit there and do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
ok well you give me a clear and accurate description of how you would overthrow your government and still maintain peace in your nation.
how would you seek to fix all the things you claim are so wrong and still maintain peace?

you have to realise everyone has the power to get into politics its the only feasable way of making your change. and even then what you want is not necessarily what everyone else wants.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If I wanted to take absolute power, I would make it so that people would feel they needed me to take it.

How would I do this?

I would make it so that there was an armed revolt in my nation, then I could step in, look like the savior, and detain all of my enemies in one fell swoop.

Wouldn't it be funny if we were the ones who gave our adversaries the opportunities they wanted? What if we are the problem?

Again, perhaps this is not my opinion, but, at this point, there needs to be a full crossing of the line.

What would this be?

When American citizens start disappearing. I don't mean Glenn Beck or Antonin Scalia (as they help 'order'), I mean people like us. In that situation, the right to revolution is triggered, and all Hell must break loose on a grand scale. The revolution must, also, be in a position to succeed before it can be launched. At the moment, we had better hope to goodness that we aren't driven to revolt, as the movement is no where near effective enough to be successful. All revolting would do right now is make our adversaries look correct and like the good guys.

Keep your wits about you, spread the information, be logical, don't get too emotional, talk to your friends, ask them a lot of questions about their own point of no return. Then, my friends, you have a movement. And, hopefully, we can change the nation from within.

If you can convert only a few people to being awake (through calm and real presentation of proven facts [not Obama's birth or 9/11 was Bush]) Then, we can start the ball rolling.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i'm not certain on the legalities, but i believe stating and / or rallying others in attempting to overthrow the government is illegal.

sorry, but this appears to be classic op behavior.

just because you don't understand the law doesn't make you unaccountable

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliick
Just to let you know, this is a very sensitive issue for the government. This thread has most likely become flagged and watched by quite a few intelligence agencies for having the words "overthrow" and "government" in the same sentence. You should definitely add "peaceful" in that statement.
I believe the entire government should be replaced but through PEACE. I don't want another civil war or any other bloodshed. I'm tired of the killing.

sliick is right

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If you're talking the American government, I say YES YES YES. Only if it's peaceful though.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by miasria

sliick is right

i second that

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Coming off the top of my head, I quote George W Bush Jr...

It was not this exactly, but along the lines.

"We live in a mature world (random country name), these acts of violence are immature and will not be tolerated", or something like that.

A conspiracy for all of you...have we been taught that violence is not the answer, just to be in return enslaved economically, with no real power to overthrow a corrupt government?

Those with gold hearts would never wish to enter a bucket of sh**.

So we must wait until that bucket fills up and tips over...to be clean again.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

you simple minded fools
which of you is gonna take control... aye? to overthrow the government you'll have to go the fo-fo (police) the CIA, FBI, NSA, DEA, the military, private security and a whole host of other gun wielding powerhouses.

not too menthion in a violent coup you'll be attacking your own people. you will destroy your own nation. lets say all that done. who is going to take control of your 50,000,000 people.
i'll tell you. nobody.
you ever played fallout 3?
that's what you can expect complete anarchy. neighbors killing neighbors,
family killing family...... people eating people.
you are fools. because you don't like somethings about your leadership or don't approve of some actions they take you'll overthrow the government/
it is the government that allows you to live and breath freely and for some reason start threads like this.
fools.

Gotta love the ironny of someone advocating following leadership blindly calling those that question the power fools....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i pity you. i really do.
i am not blind.
i am outside the cave. outside the square. outside your ability to percieve that which is before you. i'm not even in your country so how could i follow a leader that which is not mine.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

i pity you. i really do.
i am not blind.
i am outside the cave. outside the square. outside your ability to percieve that which is before you. i'm not even in your country so how could i follow a leader that which is not mine.

Whether or not you follow doesnt change the fact that you advocate it. And really, do you think the state of the U.S. will not gravely affect every country on earth?

Use your brain before you start name calling.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join