It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New N Korean Threats...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

SEOUL (Reuters) – North Korea said on Thursday that if the international community punishes it for next month's planned missile launch it will restart a nuclear plant that makes weapons grade plutonium.

Yahoo

Since their first threats were not taken seriously by the US/Japan, N. Korea is making a new threat.

They are threatening to restart a nuclear plant that makes weapons grade plutonium.

Now, here is my take, not only can they make threats of using their 6-8 nukes, but they can threaten to give/sell nuclear weapons to - pick your favorite terrorist group-.

It never fails to amaze me that if N. Korea is really afraid of being attacked, why do they constantly make threats of attacking US/US allies?japan.....

If he is stupid enough to do that, Russia /China will "NOT" be able to save kim/N. Korea.

Basically it would be committing suicide.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Not again, I swear that NKorea reminds me of the screaming 3 yr old at the supermarket who can't get what he/she wants, nothing more nothing less.

They SO want to be a major player in the world but the only way they get attention is to try and expand it's arsenal, to most likely sell to the highest bidder or threaten actions to influence the US govt to shuttle more money their way.

It gets old, why don't they just give up the ghost, reunite with the South and try something positive for a change.

They will always be a thorn in the side, hopefully change will come once the current leader is laid to rest.

We can always hope

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
its pretty sad when such a small country led by crazed maniac can say things like this.

I have no worries about this though, because they cannot harm anything. They wont do anything. The nature of war will not allow the same situation as when the Korean War happened. The playground is just not the same anymore. Let him launch a nuke. There will be 10 that will follow back to the country.

I dont advocate for war, but the reality of it, it is just words. It is fear mongering. Their leader has no more power than my grandmother.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It never fails to amaze me that if N. Korea is really afraid of being attacked, why do they constantly make threats of attacking US/US allies?japan.....

i think it is the other way around ..
they are everythng BUT afraid..

They are threatening to restart a nuclear plant that makes weapons grade plutonium

this is a line... i don't know..almost a challange, like they want a conflict one way or the other...

this could trigger some nasty things.

afghan top./G20/ and than this...

what if korea launches?, the race of shooting it down starts?

maby russia and us have a bet over it... who ever shoots it down first

[edit on 26-3-2009 by whatshenneping]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
N Korea rocks, I swear the military there know what they are doing and must be laughing there asses off, they know nobody will attack them and they know this is a good way to stop any sanctions that may be imposed when the launch their rocket. Like Rumsfield said Obama will be tested, now let's see if he allows to rocket to fly up or not and if he does let's see what the Koreans do about it. It's like a nice game of chess, is this NWO planned, we'll find that out if a war ensues.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

when the launch their rocket

so you say they will launch?

what makes you so sure?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Clearly they are going to launch.

The Rocket is on the launch pad...RIGHT NOW!!!

It takes them 2-4 days to fully build/fuel ....... their rocket.

The only real question left are:

1) Is their a payload of any form on it???
2) If their is a payload, is it a satellite, weapon (normal/nuclear/biological/chemical).
3) If it is a weapon loaded, where are they targeting????
4) If it really is a communication/spy satellite, and if the US or Japan shoot it down, what will they do. I refer to actions, not just whining, complaining and threatening.
5) If they "ARE" stupid enough to act, what will they do? Will they try to fire rockets @ US/Japan? Will they attack US/japanese allies in the area? Will they flatten Soul (S KOREA) like they have been threatening?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatshenneping

Because they've put forward the finanical commitment and I assume there is national pride at stake, they'll launch it because they have the right to launch it, just the same as we have. They've filled out the paper work and notified the correct authorities, sure there are issues with infringement of airspace issues but that happens hundreds of times a year, I don't think they'll shoot it down myself, but I do think the launch wlll take place.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Since their first threats were not taken seriously by the US/Japan, N. Korea is making a new threat.

N. Korea desperately needs attention. Its totalitarian leadership thrives on attention, and possibly hold on to power thanks to it. It enjoyed being part of the prestigious Axis of Evil, and now it suddenly finds itself irrelevant again.

They are threatening to restart a nuclear plant that makes weapons grade plutonium.

If N. Korea wants to tinker with their pathetic nuclear plant rather than be open to international trade and outside aid - than it is them who will be worse of the most.

Now, here is my take, not only can they make threats of using their 6-8 nukes, but they can threaten to give/sell nuclear weapons to - pick your favorite terrorist group-.

So far N. Korea hasn't made any such threat and I am sure its leadership knows better than to do so. If they do make such a threat, they will almost certainly lose what little support from Russia and China they have. It will also pave a way for the demise of the current leadership - most likely from within.

It is one thing to deal with sovereign country - be it Iran or Syria. It is another to threaten to provide nuclear weapons to militants who are currently at war with an alliance of nations including the US.

After Bush's departure, no one poses even a remote threat to N. Korea (at least as far as preliminary attacks go). Obama has more important matters to attend to. All N. Korea is afraid of is being starved of attention. The best thing other nations could do if they want a demise of Kim's regime - is deny this attention to them. However politicians in Japan and especially US have their own reasons to keep the people scared of N. Korea.

If he is stupid enough to do that, Russia /China will "NOT" be able to save kim/N. Korea.

Russia and China do not approve of Kim's actions, and will not start war on behalf of N. Korea in the very very unlikely situation if **** hits the fan. All they are doing is insisting that as a sovereign nation N. Korea has a right to test its military technology, develop a space program, or pursue nuclear power.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree, N Korea wants/needs attention, but...
I believe it is to barging to get something for nothing...

We will be bad boys unless you give us $$$ and oil.......
(kinda makes me think of either a 5 year old child or someone who is blackmailing someone else)

Since N Korea does not make a habit (IMO) of making smart moves, I believe they might restart their reactor.

I do believe they are crazy/stupid/suicidal enough to give sell nuclear weapons-above or below sight...

As to whom.....

Remember that empty spot( the one that was not NK and Syria making a nuke plant) in the Syrian desert that was bombed by Israel and still shows sighs of radiation........
( yes they are willing to export nuke tech and I see no reason why they would not sell finished nukes also)

BTW, I noticed Russia and China did nothing about the nuke plant being built in Syria and the STUPID Russians are building Iran and it's terrorists a nuke plant to make nuke bomb material.

BTW, providing countries like Syria and Iran nuke tech and or bombs IS the same as giving nuke tech and bombs to terrorist groups like Hamas and hezbola-who would have NO issues about using a nuke bomb given to them by their master's (Iran and Syria).

Now, Russia and China may not approve of NK's moves, but will happily sit back since it is the "WEST" that is being threatened.
Truly stupid, because if Kim does something stupid, he may find his capital vaporized and I doubt Russia and China would be happy with nuke bombs going off on their border.

This situation DOES effect them too, even if they are not smart enough to see it.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope the reactor blows up when they restart it, that would be an awesome karma repercussion

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Shouldn't the military be able to tell how much fuel is needed for a satellite launch and how much fuel is needed for a missle launch to alaska or japan?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm generally against US plots to destabilize countries and turn one against another but they could do it for North Korea and I wouldn't mind.

Either they do operations to turn the population/generals against the leadership of North Korea or they turn China against NK.

If China could be turned against NK and invade it to topple the regime it would be great. One, China would take care of the problem, not NATO. Two, China recent military capabilities could be evaluated.

But that would be hard to do because China support NK because they don't want the millions of refugees that would come to their country if NK ever collapsed and don't want a United Korea on their border. That is sad.

If they could do a united democratic korea, and change their constitution so no NATO base be on their territory + only a defense army like Japan, China would let them be and it could be achieved.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Call me crazy but I envision a replay of the fall of the Berlin wall. The people want it but the leaders of North Korea are driven mad by their lust for power. If one paid attention there was a hint of this in one of the past Olympic games. Korea as a country and a people is much much much older than a 48 parallel line of mines. On second thought the mines could be a problem. Obama should pull a Reagan and tell Kim to tear down this wall.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Russia warns against North Korea's satellite launch

rttnews

We understand that the situation in the region is currently very tense. It would therefore be better if our North Korean partners were to refrain from the launch," Russia's deputy foreign minister Alexei Borodavkin told reporters on Friday

RTTNews

Ok, that surprised me a bit.
It is polite, but to the point.
No threats.
No demands.
"It would be better".

What I will find even more interesting will be N Korea's response to Russia's.. request??

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
I hope the reactor blows up when they restart it, that would be an awesome karma repercussion

HAHA - yeah it blows up Chernobyl style and irradiates much of South Korea and Northern Japan. Oh my what great fun that would be.

Not using the brain much today are we?

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I do believe they are crazy/stupid/suicidal enough to give sell nuclear weapons-above or below sight...

So far North Korea only has capacity to produce a few nukes per year if the plant is restarted. Do you seriously think they will sell those few precious nukes? North Korea needs those needs those nukes no less than anyone else. It might sell nuclear technology and some nuclear waste, but that's about it for now.

Remember that empty spot( the one that was not NK and Syria making a nuke plant) in the Syrian desert that was bombed by Israel and still shows sighs of radiation........

Again - Syria is a sovereign nation. It has the right to have nuclear technology if it so wishes. It is not a terrorist organization. UN can boycott it and such, but no international laws are broken by a deal between NK and Syria.

BTW, I noticed Russia and China did nothing about the nuke plant being built in Syria

What do you want them to do? Neither China nor Russia is Syria's close ally and they cannot really pressure Syria, nor are they the global police to tell Syria what to do.

And I noticed the US did nothing about the nuke plant that was built in Israel 40 years ago. What would you say to that?

and the STUPID Russians are building Iran and it's terrorists a nuke plant to make nuke bomb material.

Russians may be assholes as far as US and its lapdogs are concerned, but the Russian government is not stupid. If Iran really really wants a nuclear program - it will acquire the technology - be it from China, North Korea, or someone else. Russia saw a $$$ opportunity and stepped up to the plate.

Now as far as "terrorists" are concerned - who are you referring to as "Iran's terrorists"? And why do you think those "terrorists" will have any access to the nuclear technology from Iran?

BTW, providing countries like Syria and Iran nuke tech and or bombs IS the same as giving nuke tech and bombs to terrorist groups like Hamas and hezbola-who would have NO issues about using a nuke bomb given to them by their master's (Iran and Syria).

Lets look at a little analogy here. Syria and Iran are as likely to give nuclear weapons (assuming they had any) to Hamas and Hezbolah, as the US was likely to give nuclear weapons to Kurds before the Iraq war, to the North Alliance at the start of Afghanistan War, or to the Afghan mujahedeen during the Soviet War in Afghanistan.

Sure Hamas and Hezbolah are being used as pawns by Iran and Syria. But it is the same story with the above mentioned militant groups supported by the US. The weapons that these groups received are being carefully channeled, and no one will let them possess weapons of mass destruction - these weapons are for the big boys not for the pawns.

Plus if Hezbolah or Hamas would ever use a nuclear weapon, the pandora's box will be open and all of these militants and their "masters" will be royally F*CKED. They would sign their own death sentence - and they know it better than anyone.

Now, Russia and China may not approve of NK's moves, but will happily sit back since it is the "WEST" that is being threatened.

The West is being threatened by a lot of things. The Credit Crunch, the World Recession, rising sea levels, etc. However the "Axis of Evil" and its subsidiary militant minions are not a true threat to anyone in the West. They are only as much of a threat as you make them out to be.

Truly stupid, because if Kim does something stupid, he may find his capital vaporized and I doubt Russia and China would be happy with nuke bombs going off on their border.

If Kim was a moran of such proportions, he would not have stayed in power for some 20 years without anyone ousting him (some NK general for example). He talks tough and he couldn't give less **** about his people, but he is not a complete idiot.

This situation DOES effect them too, even if they are not smart enough to see it.

Believe me - Russia and China know more about North Korea's internal affairs and the intentions of its leader than anyone in the US or elsewhere. Both have many agents working in NK. If they knew of any remote threat coming from the region, they would act on it before the US even knew what is going on.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Seeing how NK is cornered by US. What's another economical sanction.. hell if I'm Kim, I'll want nuke too. Kim is learning from Saddam's mistake.

NK will launch that satellite. What's to loose ? US has never deliver what's they promise any way. Something positive signed and in a few years, US will dish out new accusation and it's back to the round table with new sanction imposed. (Remember the "Sunshine Policy".. it was working.. until Bush came in with "Axis of Evil", "Super Note" and invaded Iraq). In any case, "crisis in NK" makes ensures reasons for US military presence in SK.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by mobydog]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouki
Shouldn't the military be able to tell how much fuel is needed for a satellite launch and how much fuel is needed for a missle launch to alaska or japan?

I read somewhere that US and Japan will know within 10 seconds after launch if the missile is going to orbit or a land-based target.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ok so you might have some war heads in 7 years he might of figured out how to launch one by then good luck to them the easies way for kim to measure his penis is with a microscope hes a boy surrounded by men

new topics

<<   2 >>

join