It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheyenne Mountain and NORAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does anyone have any resources on Cheyenne Mountain? I live in relatively close proximity to NORAD, and I have always been suspicious of it.

Regards,

Sol

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have been in it, you should be afraid ,very afraid. the DOD just spent how many millions of dollars "upgrading" it a few years ago, then they move NORAD to Peterson AFB? I live south of it and can seePikes Peak. the Place is vast with tunnels stretching who knows where. Supposedly all the way to Langley and China Lake. I only saw the tip of the ice burg.
MN

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i was stopped by a military official a few years ago up there while riding my dirtbike.

came upon the lake and wanted to check it out, and was immediately stopped and told to leave. the place had no military look or vibe at all. it looked more like a private vacation resort for folks, but it was definitely not that.

a heavily armed military guard instantly came and stopped me from entering the area.
he was actually pretty nice. really weird moment.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'd like to compile a list of resources on Cheyenne Mountain. Some believe it's a housing facility for those on what's sometimes called "RX-84", otherwise known as a list of priority individuals to be protected during national crises.

So, we have:

Google Maps Satellite/Terrain/Map of Cheyenne Mountain
Photo of Front Entrace
Photo of Cheyenne Mountain from Fort Carson
Wikipedia Article on Cheyenne Mountain
Another Photo of Cheyenne Mountain from Fort Carson
A Photo of the Blast Doors
The Official Website of the North American Aerospace Defense Command

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rolleron3...the Place is vast with tunnels stretching who knows where. Supposedly all the way to Langley and China Lake. I only saw the tip of the ice burg.
MN

From China Lake, to Cheyenne Mountain, to Langley, Virginia, is 2,594 miles (if you follow the Interstates and other roads). If the resources I have are to be believed, the facility has been in existence since 16 June 1961. That means they would have to lay 56 miles of tunnel every year since its inception. I'm not a construction engineer, but a little over a mile a month seems easily done.

Regards,

Sol

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rolleron3

That is totally fascinating to me! I would love to hear more! hint hint!
There was a show on ufo hunters where they talked about
a tunneling machine that was crazy fast! This may coincide
with dulce and who knows what all! Thats awesome you were inside!
I wish you could tell us more, after all thats the topic of this thread! hint hint

Unless your boss wont allow it!
(kidding) how come I'm a foe anyway?
I dont recall ever conversing with you before(till now).
If someone could ever convince me were not being lied to about ufos
and most of this other "stuff", I would be amazed, honored and tremendously gratefull! another hint for anybody that read this

Peace rolleron (how bout it)?

btw, do you know what a u2u is?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Just like everything in the DOD you are only allowed to know what your job requires you to know. Just because you work at NORAD does not mean you know anything. Those who know what is really going on there will not say anything because they are under the impression of national security above all else. That is the way it is and that is that. I think we have a better chance in getting disclosure of ETs than we do knowing the full secrets of military bases.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I spent three and a half years working there during my Air Force tour from 1995 to 1999. I worked in MEBU until they closed it down nine months after my arrival there, then worked at the switchboard (oh, did we have some hilarious phone calls at times! Including our infamous "Stargate Caller;" I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him "IT'S JUST A MOVIE!") and the Communications Center. I also spent some time in the Command Center-very cool.

Some folks here are asking about tours: I HATED those! They tended to use this laser pointer to explain what different positions in the Command Center did; I often felt like an animal on display. I do wonder if they shut the Mountain down for real or not, but if the tours are still going on, in my time there, there was a six month waiting list to see the Mountain.

I do miss my time there. However, I don't think I would go back into the military at my age now, three kids later.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mistyh

Cool job ya had there. I spent time with Uncle Sam, but nothing as exciting as yours. Would love to the mountain facilities in all their glory, but just too far to drive.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mistyh

Do please tell me more about the Stargate caller, I love stories that enlighten to how people perceive real life as being the same as in the movies, some very funny, but some very sad when you have to break their hearts.

LOL stories like those would make a great thread.

NORAD, is there two entrances to Cheyenne mountain? I have seen a few Documentaries on the building of it, and they show how it was designed to allow a blast to travel through it and not effect the actual facility, was wondering if there was actually two ways in, or just one with the other just for what it was designed to do?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

There are two entrances, straight through, but I never saw the second one.

As for our Stargate Caller, lol, they had me stay on the line while I patched him through to the Command Center. We listened to what the man had to say, but it was mostly gibberish. After he hung up, the co asked me what I thought of that. I told him truthfully, "I have absolutely no idea!" It was so funny, and we shared a good laugh. Oh, how I wanted to tell him it was just a movie, but we were afraid he was mentally unstable, and to do so might push him over the edge!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CelticMist

Yep, I do miss those days. But that is a game for youngsters. I was 19, single, and without kids when I went in. Now, I'm over 30, married, with three kids-not something for someone in a situation like I'm in anymore!

Y'know, I hated basic when I first started, but weirdly, I have a lot of good memories of it!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I used to live in Fountain and our home was built on top of the debris that they removed from the mountain when building NORAD. I do not think there is anything suspicious about it now.

For entertainment I highly recommend looking for arrowheads adjacent to the northern shore of Elevenmile Reservoir. Also huge smoky quartz and topaz gemstones are available from the Devil's Head area outside Sedalia. Also summer thunderstorms give chances to search for Fulgurites when you spot trees struck by lightning.

Jasper from the Indian Paint Mines at Calhan is highly prized as is Petrified Dinosaur Bone from Four Mile Creek at Canon City. I have also brought petrified tree trunks and Polka Dot Agate and a peculiar type of petrified fungus out of the Four Mile Creek area adjacent to the Dinosaur Monument.

The area behind the Kissing Camels in the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs is a good place to obtain Alabaster for small carvings. It occurs in veins adjacent to the roadway.

top topics

join