It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Draft Reinstated In USA Announcement.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
www.propagandamatrix.com...
AFP | April 20 2004

A senior Republican lawmaker said Tuesday that deteriorating security in Iraq may force the United States to reintroduce the military draft.

"There's not an American ... that doesn't understand what we are engaged in today and what the prospects are for the future," Senator Chuck Hagel told a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing on post-occupation Iraq.

"Why shouldn't we ask all of our citizens to bear some responsibility and pay some price?" Hagel said, arguing that restoring compulsory military service would force "our citizens to understand the intensity and depth of challenges we face."

[Edited on 4/20/2004 by Chaosica]

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
there are a couple of threads floating around here talking about the draft and it being reinstated...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Source, name of senior republican leader, etc. please.

This has been discussed extensivly by military analists and the cabinate: To introduce the draft would be a death blow to the effectiveness of the American Armed Forces.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just heard the other day they have no plans of bringing the draft back yet despite all the troubles they're having in Iraq, maybe they changed their minds? Yes, and please give sources

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'd be in the military for about an hour before being taken away to Levenworth. Name the offense, I'll do it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Senator Chuck Hagel is the man who'se made the announcement.

it's when they announce things that people must immediately point out that it's another "Stepping Stone" in the Problem-Reaction-Solution model.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this with info of the bills a while back:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I honestly don't think it will come back any time soon, but it is a possibility...that source isn't really the most reliable.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The title of this thread is a little misleading.

How about: "Talk Of Possible Draft Reinstatement" ??

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
personally i dont think the military is all that desperate.
I was attempting to get in an officer training program with the marines and didnt make it through medical screening because of an alergy to fire ants of all things.
If they are rejecting people who want in, for petty medical things i doubt they are close to reinstating a draft to recruit people who dont want to be there.

but thats just my opinion

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
there is no "possible". it's already decided.

just because they pussyfoot around it saying "maybe" doesn't mean "maybe" (before Iraq being an example). we have to wake up to the fact that these things are planned, the media is used to desensitize us to the adverse reaction we would have if they suddenly implemented it.

they need us dying for Flags and Nations, therefore, they need to whip up Patriotic Frenzy.

This can be done with Attacks, and with the Propaganda after Attacks.

The Bill is already going to the Senate, the "possible" talk is to make it acceptable, let people live with the idea and get told how "good it is".

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaosica

just because they pussyfoot around it saying "maybe" doesn't mean "maybe" (before Iraq being an example). we have to wake up to the fact that these things are planned, the media is used to desensitize us to the adverse reaction we would have if they suddenly implemented it.

they need us dying for Flags and Nations, therefore, they need to whip up Patriotic Frenzy.

This can be done with Attacks, and with the Propaganda after Attacks.

The Bill is already going to the Senate, the "possible" talk is to make it acceptable, let people live with the idea and get told how "good it is".

Again, I need to ask you for sources.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you edited your first post.

[Edited on 4-20-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
well i can tell you they made my dad go to vietnam and he was completely deaf in one ear .....eight to eighty if they cant walk theyll drag ya.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Just because a bill goes to the Senate does not mean it is guaranteed.
The Draft Bill must receive a majority vote before it is implimented.
EDIT:
here is a link:
Draft Bill

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This is the only return speaking of a miliotary draft in google for "Senator Chuck Hagel draft"

CNN

HAGEL: I agree with Charlie Rangel's point, his concern, that we have disconnected, most of American society, from our military, because of the all-voluntary service. I don't think reinstituting a draft is the way to resolve that. There are probably better ways, other ways to do that.

Old, but it's all I could find.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think that if he really backed it, we would be able to find a press release he'd made:

hagel.senate.gov...

I couldn't. He may have just been throwing ideas around and was convinced it was a bad idea.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
he said it today at a Senate Hearing into Iraq.

John Kerry said on 18 April 1971 that during Vietnam there were Geneva Convention breaches. on 18 April 2004 he said that whilst he was being honest, he wished he'd been Clearer about what he meant, as he squirmed at the Clip being replayed (Meet The Press CNN).

These people take whatever position gets them Higher up the Ladder and makes them look like "good guys".

Who can honestly say they haven't expected the Draft to reappear for this War on Terror?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just for the record, Matt Drudge has this has the latest headlines on his site, that should speak for itself.

DRAFT TALKS HIT THE HILL

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
to back up the Drudge Report Link

www.vancouver.indymedia.org...

This is already decided, the Senator is breaking the news gently.

don't be fooled into thinking it's a remote possibility...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

he said it today at a Senate Hearing into Iraq.

Who can honestly say they haven't expected the Draft to reappear for this War on Terror?

I have always thought it a slim possibility. Especially after Rep. Charlie Rangle(D-NY) suggested the draft to see how the war pushers would react if there was a possibility that their own kids would go to war. Only one member of Senate has a child in the service.

That being said, the bill has to still get voted through to become a law.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is an extreamly comprehensive explanation on how a law gets passed in our government.

www.clements-mcguffey.com...

If there is, in fact, a bill before the senate, it is only half way through. And...Any congress(wo)man who votes for the draft and it gets passed can rest assured they'd better find another line of work. The memory of Vietnam is too fresh in people's minds to reinstitute the draft because we may need more troops in the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join