It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Briton sought after terror raid on orphanage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Briton sought after terror raid on orphanage

www.guardian.co.uk

Anti-terrorist police in Bangladesh are searching for a British chemist - previously cleared twice of plotting explosions in the UK - after an orphanage run by a charity was raided by security forces which claim it is being used as a training camp for Islamist militants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

"We found small arms - about nine or 10 in total - plus equipment to make small arms, about 3,000 rounds of ammunition, two walkie-talkies, two remote control devices and four sets of army uniforms," Haque said. "We also found enough explosives and other equipment to make several hundred grenades. We found some ordinary Islamic books, but others that are in line with extremists like bin Laden.

This is quite alarming. On a personal level, the charity is based only a few miles from where I live. In the opposite direction, even closer to home, there were 'race riots' a few years ago in a predominantly Asian neighbourhood; my own neighbourhood is predominantly a Muslim Asian neighbourhood too.

The man in question, Faisal Mostafa appears to have 'form', whilst he's been cleared of bomb-plotting twice before, he was actually sentenced regarding trying to take a gun on to a plane last year.

Perhaps the arms cache that's been found at the orphanage isn't the biggest - I've no doubt there's many American posters on here with more fire-power in their cellars. However, at the same time, I doubt they're running charity-driven orphanages from their homes in tandem.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well, I thought it was interesting.
Particularly given how its relationship to India and Pakistan, which isn't going too well at the moment.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It is worrying. And, slightly cliche.

An orphanage? With a charity as the front for it?

Isn't this a silly James Patterson novel, or something? As in, this is being set up, and the perpetrators aren't very creative?

top topics

join