It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Industrial Coup: Environmental Dictatorship by Executive Decree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

It appears the CO2 hysteria goes deeper and has for longer than even I thought. Thanks for the info.

I caught the sarcasm in that last paragraph (
) so let me add a little of my own. Maybe poor Mr. Gore is just jealous of Bill Clinton. After all, Bill could 'feel our pain', so now maybe Al wants us to have enough pain so he can feel it too.

Again, forgive me for my initial knee-jerk response to you.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

It does go a bit deeper. We even have to track compressed gases like oxygen and breathing quality air for emission reports. :shk:

The CO2 bit is getting out of hand, though.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
We have reached Peak Oil:
www.chrismartenson.com...
All the laws to "protect the environment" are there to force people consume less oil. So this system continues as it is for as long as possible. Forever maybe. The pyramid must not fall.
"They" do not want anarchy, and do not want to lose their positions.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

My understanding is that production is expected to decrease about 5% from here on out as demand slips and conservation/alternatives increase.

Increasing costs to remaining US users will not help when Asia and Africa are increasing consumption without comparable restrictions on emissions.

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by skeptic1

It does go a bit deeper. We even have to track compressed gases like oxygen and breathing quality air for emission reports. :shk:

The CO2 bit is getting out of hand, though.

Wow, you just got LUCKY!

Now, you've got 6 gases to be accountable for becasue EPA says they are each 'harmful to human life.'
"EPA To Declare 6 Gases A Public Health Risk"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, add CO, methane, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide and others to your CO2 watch list.

You WILL be accountable!

Can't wait for Congress to act, so BHO and his Energy Dept. and EPA will just make up the rules for them. You've got 60 days for comment following announced "rulemaking," so keep alert. (Not that anyone will care what 'comments' you may have.)

jw

[edit on 20-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This is getting beyond ridiculous. How in the world they propose to separate and track "industrial" gases and naturally occuring gases is beyond me.

The task is difficult now, but they are going to make it damn near impossible. These gases are naturally occuring and if they think that taxing the "industrial" emittors is going to help anything, they are sadly mistaken.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I wonder if burnt nitrocellulose is included in the list? Before all is said and done, I fear that the air will be filled with it.

I open my wallet, now, and the moths escape... might as well burn everything in it to keep from freezing, in this global warming episode.

Is "moths" the correct plural of moth, or is it "myths"?, mothes?, mithes?...errr,um, enough!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Originally posted by skeptic1

This is getting beyond ridiculous. How in the world they propose to separate and track "industrial" gases and naturally occuring gases is beyond me.

The task is difficult now, but they are going to make it damn near impossible. These gases are naturally occuring and if they think that taxing the "industrial" emittors is going to help anything, they are sadly mistaken.

Given that mans' overall contributions to ANY of these "trace GHGs is 3% or less of the total input (the remaining 97% being natural, it's going to be tough, isn't it?

But look at the bright side: As long as they still have jobs and money and use enrgy or eat food, American consumers will pay whatever it takes!

Our money is no object!

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

The task is difficult now, but they are going to make it damn near impossible.

I think that's kind of the point. They want to make this as difficult, confusing and expensive to sort out as the tax code so that people just give up. This really is the anti-industrial revolution.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheAssociate

I think that's kind of the point. They want to make this as difficult, confusing and expensive to sort out as the tax code so that people just give up. This really is the anti-industrial revolution.TheAssociate

I think they'll make it "easy" for the consumer - just pay the new, higher prices, cut back, or do without.

The producers, on the other hand will have new record-keeping, reporting and inspection obligations. This will eliminate small-scale operations, leaving the way open for conglomerates or the government to control production/emissions.

This really is anti-industrial.

jw

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Guess what! They're here!

"New Standard Links Mileage and Emissions"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Obama administration issued proposed rules on Tuesday that impose the first nationwide limits on greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles and that require American cars and light truck fleet to meet a fuel efficiency standard of 35.5 miles a gallon by 2016.

Forget about the higher gasoline prices coming from environmental regulation and "cap and trade."

These regs, alone, will add thousands of dollars to the 2012 models.
(Maybe you should just lease, since you won't need them after December 12, anyway.)

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join