It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New wireless stun gun launched at Global Security Asia 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Link to article on Y! news

SINGAPORE: There is a new stun gun in the market, which has led to many police forces and security organisations worldwide expressing interest in it. ADVERTISEMENT A new X12 stun gun was launched at the Global Security Asia 2009 event on Thursday. It is the world’s first wireless stun gun and features a maximum effective range of 27 metres. Its manufacturers say being able to fire at such a range ensures the safety of any security personnel using it. The product will only be available in June and the Singapore Police Force has already expressed interest in it. The existing X26 Taser stun gun was launched in 2003. It can penetrate clothing and transmit electrical impulses, causing the body to be temporarily paralysed, unlike conventional stun guns which causes immobility by causing pain.

So as far as I understand, This stun gun is supposed to cause paralysis without causing pain. Am I correct in my understanding?

Does anybody here know how this works?

CX

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Heres another article on the stun gun, be aware that all the pics attatched to these areticles, are not of the X12, but of another product by Taser.

The X12 stun gun looks set to be my favorite weapon - after all, it is a freeze ray minus the ice. This is made possible by firing a jolt through the air, cutting through layers of clothing to paralyze your target as long as he/she remains within an 88 foot radius. This paralysis supposedly occurs without any pain, and we have no idea on just how long the target will remain frozen though. Expect to see the X12 hit the market sometime this June for a yet undisclosed price. Take note that the image here is meant for illustrative purposes only as it is an actual product from Taser.

Source: X12

I'm interested to see how "pain free" this is, and how if it is wireless, what happens if the signal is blocked for some reason....or is unable to be turned off?

CX.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This isn't new - the Mossberg X12 shotgun has been around for over a year, it fires the wireless XREP projectile which delivers a stunning Taser jolt for 20 seconds. The pulse is very similar to other Tasers and is no more painless than them!

new topics

join