It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange scratches on my body

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've posted this experience of mine on other message boards.....

A few years ago I used to go to college in the panhandle of Texas. It's very conservative/Christian (in the Bible belt) two things which I am not.

I woke up on 5 or 6 seperate occasions over a 6 month period with six light scratch marks on my chest (and no, I don't think there's a connection with 6 there, it just happened to work out that way). These scratches would disappear within a day or two, and never left a mark.

I lived in a dorm room, by myself, during this period. I also bite my nails, so there is no way I could have scratched myself (plus I don't have six fingers on one hand). This never happened before I lived in that room, and it has never happened since I moved away.

I was told by a friend (who has always been real hesitant to talk about it) that that area of texas supposedly has a high concentration of incubuses and succubusses....I don't know anything about those creatures, however.

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Incubui and Succubi were explanations for wet dreams.

Still an odd story, though.

Question: Did you sleep in a loft, and was the ceiling sort of pebbley? You could have run your arm across it in your sleep, scratching your arm.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was on the second story....I don't remember what the ceiling was made of, but I couldn't have touched it in my sleep.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeap I've gotten scrathches while I sleep. Wake up in the morning and I will have scratches on my arms out of now were and sometimes I've had bruses. I sleep in a king size bed alone and there is nothing around the bed that can cause the scratches on me or the bruses...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I get bruises all the time and they randomly appear from the time I go to sleep and the time I wake up. I think I beat myself up in my sleep. The weirdest one was a bruise on my stomach, but the rest have just been on my arms and stuff. If I hit myself, you would think I would wake up, but usually it goes along with my dreams. Like if I dream someone hits my arm, I'll wake up with a bruise on my arm. I swear I beat myself up.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It definetly wasnt an incubus/succubus. Once you have incubus/succubus in your bed, you never wake up in the morning. At least, thats how the legend/myth/whatever goes.

I woke up with a very big, horizantal scratch just above my bellybutton. It was a perfect line and very thin. I dont think my nails could slice so perfectly, and there was nothing sharp in or around my bed. Wierd stuff.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
my bf has 3 scars between his shoulder blades, in the perfect look of claw marks. he is physically unable to reach that area of his body(and even if he could, the marks are too wide to just be nails from his hand scratching him). he has no idea where they came from, didn't even know it was there til his mom pointed it out to him one day. any theroys?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It can't be birthmarks no one noticed before? Does he have a dog or some kind of animal? Hmmm... I can't think of anything else at the moment....

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have heard about this as well....

Question:
Did anyone who woke up with scratches have a dream where you were being scratched? Maybe the dream crossed over to real life.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Not scratches, I get bruises.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i've woken up with black and blue bruises before, with no explanation as to the cause, but scratches never. Did you ever had a cat around? or maybe jewelry that could serve as an explanation?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh sure, its quite normal infact...I wake up to scratches all the time, that range from nothing to slightly severe...and I have short nails too..but these buggers on my chest, arm, thighs, etc...are pretty deep and long sometimes..and I have no clue how they form...

Odd, eh?

-wD

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A foot sized and shaped bruise on my inner thigh, left leg, in a position that wasn't from me...

A hand shaped bruise on the back of my right upper arm, with thumb on the inside, as if it was pushed or pulled back...

Scratches, usually grouped in three, across arms and chest...

I have accredited these to my astral travels; regardless of what others may say, or what the experts 'know', there are times when you can feel in the astral realm, and sometimes you can bring back to the physical what occured in the astral. With myself as an example, I have been known to battle various things in that state.

Could this be the case with you?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
just recently i've been waking up with scratches on my chest. i have a dog, but they scratches are too close together to be from him... not to mention he doesn't come in my room at night. anyway though, they'll be about 3/4 of an inch long, and about 1/4 of an inch apart from each other. always grouped in three... i have no idea what could cause this. i, too, bite my nails. they're pretty much non-existant.

and what are incubii and succubi ?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
One morning I woke up with a large red hand mark on my chest. The fingers were much longer than mine, so i seemed as though someone had pressed against my chest. I didn't notice it at first, but when I went downstairs, my mother just stared at me. I looked in the mirror and nearly screamed...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Eh, I think I just beat myself up. However, I've been told I "sleep like I'm dead," which the person translated into basically I just lay on my back and I breathe very shallow so it's hard to tell if I'm breathing and I look like a corpse cause I'm not exactly the tannest person ever. And apparently I never move when I'm asleep, unless I start sleepwalking or sleeptalking. So maybe someone else beats me up. I always thought my hamster was out to get me...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
bruises can be broken bloodvessels and injuries that dont show up till the next day, take iron.

Scratches...featherspokin thru your pillow, somethin stickin thru your matteress...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
scratches...featherspokin thru your pillow, somethin stickin thru your matteress...

ah, that would definitely make sense. i just got a new feather pillow and i do move around a lot. thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

bruises can be broken bloodvessels and injuries that dont show up till the next day, take iron.

Scratches...featherspokin thru your pillow, somethin stickin thru your matteress...

As for the iron thing, I basically live off Cheerios and Total and all those fun cereals, so I'm good with that. It's probably also that I'm so pale and even if I get a tiny bruise it looks like I was hit by a truck or something. Still could be my hamster though... that little thing's a devil...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGloom

As for the iron thing, I basically live off Cheerios and Total and all those fun cereals, so I'm good with that. It's probably also that I'm so pale and even if I get a tiny bruise it looks like I was hit by a truck or something. Still could be my hamster though... that little thing's a devil...

DID you say, HAMPSTER...I hear they are responsible for mindless acts of bruising and sensless scratching!

Just kiddin

Hey, try Lucky Charms, at least they have some substance, sheesh!

And try double bagging it....

THE pillows the pillowsthe feathers wont get thru...

--Kristine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join