It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My opinion of "parallel universes"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
A parallel universe just wouldn't work. If we believed there was one for example, you wouldn't be alive there because you wouldn't have ever been born, neither would've your parents, or their parents etc, due to "opposite reactions". Now also *assuming* just for a moment, the big bang occurred, in this parallel universe, it would've been a more like a completely big implosion, or like a big black hole sucking it all in and more than likely the universe wouldn't exist there.

Thus, there's no parallel universe.

That's just my take on it.

Even if the big bang didn't occur, you wouldn't have been born due to opposite reactions.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by shadowland8]

[edit on 26-3-2009 by shadowland8]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
but how do you see this universe then?
do you think we only travel from point A to B in time? without any branches?
i'm not a pro on this subject but i feel this is more complicated than we think.

But why think about parallel universes if we can't even understand our own!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The way i see parallel universes is that every little thing we do creates a new parallel universe which would probably mean there is an infinate amount of parallel universes, depending on how far it goes to creating the parallel one, say for example somebody has 2 choices, one to go right and the other to go left, going either way would make a big impact on their future. Turning left would cause a parallel universe to be created on if they would have gone right. Thats on a big scale which only creates a parallel on something which would change their future more than doing minor things which most likely wouldn't have any impact.
Like I said at the beggining though, everything we do could create a new parallel universe simply because something big happening in your life probably isn't really a big thing to the universe which could mean that parallel universes could only be created by massive things like the Big Bang. YOU are not the only thing living in the universe, theres probably trillions and trillions of living things in the universe all creating parallel universes every second.
Its quite hard to say on what scale parallel universes are created but if they do exist i know for a fact that there would be more than just one of them

With the big bang there would have been a parallel universe created for if it didn't explode, or maybe it did explode in this parallel universe but the outcome was different to what it was in this universe.

Since this is all a theory it all could not be like that but its my opinion on how it is

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It seems to me that you don't understand the concept. We exist in the universe, but in another we do not, that is true. However, I don't get where you make the mental leap that if we don't exist there, we shouldn't exist here.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Each are all probabilities with enough mass / momentuum to not collapse on themselves.

Some probably do collapse on themselves.

By logic, you don't need to worry at all about the ones that "implode" or didn't take off. They existed for so short a period of time that they might as well not have existed.

And there are still an infinite number every second spinning off.

-

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

No I said if we don't exist there, then we DO exist HERE.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I see the universe and the world as a sort of " advanced videogame "...

I agree with the theory that every single action would create another outcome...You turn to the left you have one outcome, you turn to the right at the same time, in another universe and so there is another outcome.

I don't believe that after death there is nothing. We are in a universe that our science cannot exhaustively explain to us...We don't know everything.

For all we know, universe may be a very complex advanced videogame a la The Sims in which people from the farthest future you can imagine operate as in a virtual reality in which they can be whatever they want to be.

I believe the universe we inhabit was created by humans of the future.

I had a religious crisis at 19 , and I never came out of it completely...

I have my own doubts about the existence of God, so this universe must have been created by either God or us humans.

After exploring Timewave Zero I have no doubt that universe was created by someone, as every historical event has a mathematical order in which to realize itself...

There is no place for chance and random in this universe. Every single thing is based on math. Every single event has a " script " to follow...

We live in a very long movie called " life on Earth "...

After death you and everyone else will find himself/herself in another universe, almost identical to the present one, with the difference that you chose the correct action and you didn't die.
This continues maybe forever or until the " creator/s " decides to disconnect us from this virtual universe.
LOL

The universe is virtual. Remember this and you will find more easy to understand and believe in the existance of other universes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Think of a parallel but then also think of what we know in our reality, it is called Fractals!

Once you grasp the Fractal the possibilities are incredible and unlimited!

As for the Universe that has purposely been breached by Cabalistic Rituals; well, that is Demonville! Coming to a town near you!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
A parallel universe just wouldn't work. If we believed there was one for example, you wouldn't be alive there because you wouldn't have ever been born, neither would've your parents, or their parents etc, due to "opposite reactions". Now also *assuming* just for a moment, the big bang occurred, in this parallel universe, it would've been a more like a completely big implosion, or like a big black hole sucking it all in and more than likely the universe wouldn't exist there.

Thus, there's no parallel universe.

That's just my take on it.

Even if the big bang didn't occur, you wouldn't have been born due to opposite reactions.

Your reasoning has completely lost me. I am perhaps denser than is common. Maybe you could explain further your thought here?
-in a parallel universe, or multiverses, why would I not be alive there, not born there? Nor my parents, grandparents, etc? I don't get where you get that first assertion?

-Why couldn't a Big Bang type of event have occured in a parallel universe??

Can you dumb it down for me?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Parallel universes is an interesting topic and I suggest you read up a bit before posting a thread like this.

String theory - the latest in theoretical physics - DEMANDS, through purely mathematical, abstract reasoning that there be more dimensions than the visible three (+1, if you count time as a dimension).

Interpretation of the measurement problem (the Many Worlds interpretation) is another story unto itself - look at Schrodinger's Cat.. that stuff is from like a hundred years ago - just a quick search - www.mtnmath.com...

Now, that's extra dimensions as far as they concern today's scientific establishment, if that's your personal reality-measurement-framework.

New Age, metaphysics, psychonatuics, channeling and such are all interesting spheres of the ocean of mind, which have their own, equally interesting spins on the structure of the universe and our relationship to it.

In other words - read up, come back and try and blow our minds with something. Not the easiest thing to do, by ATS standards.

Good luck, have fun.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
double post, please delete
edit on 9-6-2011 by falseveils because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join