It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY student wins freeze of Madoff brother's assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

NY student wins freeze of Madoff brother's assets

www.reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York student won a court order on Wednesday to temporarily freeze the assets of Peter Madoff, brother of jailed swindler Bernard Madoff, in a lawsuit over lost inheritance money.

Andrew Ross Samuels, 22, of Brooklyn Law School, said in papers filed in a suburban New York court that he lost nearly $500,000 in inheritance money that was entrusted to Peter Madoff, who invested it in Bernard Madoff's scheme.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well, i like this article. Someone is doing something to stop the thiefs.
I hope they take his brother to "the cleaners". I mean, a 500K loss is a big hole in the bank account. Whenever you do something wrong, it always follows you, and eventually, you pay for it.
I don't know what you fellow ats'ers think about this but IMO, his brother should go to jail as well.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by teklordz

I'm hoping every last one of the Madoff's ends up in prison stripes getting owned on a regular basis by their burly cell mates. It's time they felt the pain of someone screwing them back.

IRM

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I just know that justice will prevail in this case. We need to stop the fleecing of honnest citizens. It just goes to show, if i were the judge, i would give 1 year in jail for every dollar they slole from the people...
And on top of it, i would add oh, lets say a billion dollar fine!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hit the buggers where it really hurts - take every penny the have and put it into a fund for in community projects that will benefit the citizens, not snatched by the lawyers or a government black hole.
His wife has been living off the profits of crime and so everything put in her name should be taken back too, every last penny. Hey! As it's fashionable, why not waterboard the old codger or try a bit of high voltage / genitalia interfacing to get him singing about who else was in it as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
To put back the money into community projects is cool. Like, there is many sectors that could benefit, like education, summer camps for kids, new libraries, etc.
There is a lot of things that could be done with that money...

Thanks for the input.

new topics

top topics

join