It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money is the invisible handcuffs that bind us to slavery!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Greed is the fuel to the fire. If we give, instead of take, we would never need or want!

The perfect Slave:

Someone who does not know that they are a slave. They wave a hot dog in front of your face called the American dream! We believe that we want it, that we need it, and that we deserve it, so we commit our souls to the pursuit of the root of all evil.

The whole thing is an Illusion that you created.

Money is an Illusion.

There are people who work 40 hours a week for 25,000 a year confused why they are struggling, when others make a phone call, schedule an appointment, and sign their John Hancock on a piece of paper and make 100,000 in one day.

People need to wake up from their trance!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
How can we wake up, and realize that we dont need money? how can we get out of the system if thats the only thing we know? how can we do this all together?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The way things are going we may not have to do anything. Money will become useless. People will freak and many will die because of the chaos. We need to prepare for that and work together. We need to realize that people are what makes the world go round, not money! Money is an illusion. We still can produce and perform, but we will have to do it for survival not greed!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes!
Well said.
That is exactly what money is.
Money is debt, and debt is slavery.
They can get you to do whatever they want, whenever they want.
With money.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I don't believe the countries are at war with each other they are in business with each other. Wars are very profitable to TPTB with the sacrifice of our soldiers that believe they are fighting for our freedom!

[edit on 26-3-2009 by The Real Antichrist]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
whats the way of the slaves to stop being slaves..?.how can we all can stop being servants of whoever are our masters?

we can fight em, we can run, or we can stay the way we are.

Our masters wont let us go easy, thats why they idiotize us all, thats why they make confusion, to blind our perspective, to make us cattle.

The first step has been made, we recognize we are slaves...in one hand, we can run.. but run where? to the mountains? living like cave mans, hiding and being chased, waiting for someone to save the day, waiting for a movie like hero to do the job for us, and save the day... im sorry, but that wont happen.

on the other hand we can fight them, we can stop being a part of their show, stop eating from their hand the food we worked for, we can free ourselves we can open our eyes, and see beyond, our iphone, to hear beyond britney spearsm to undesrand beyond the news, we can think for ourselves, we can have an opinion of our owne, we can do whatever we want, we can go wherever we want, and we all can be one.

Our own people has been turned into us, has been brainwashed the same way we do, our own people, our cops, soldiers are the masters main power ! we ALL have to wake up, we all are the SAME, we all are on the same side, we all are HUMANS, we all are ONE.

Open your eyes, and see.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hmm.. and what exactly should we do, use, in exchange for money? (Money being anything that can be exchanged for goods or service) ... ?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
what we should do is taking out the words goods and service... we dont need a restaurant, with servers, with cooks, with hostess, we just need food... that we can get and cook and serve ourselves..

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately it will happen real soon. And everyone is so jaded into believing that we need our government. We are the government, people, our brothers and sisters. But we are so helpless especially now that the world is so dependent on our governments for food, fuels/heat, cell phones. We will panic and there will be chaos of unmeasurable proportion. And for once you will accountable for your ability to survive. Tradesmen, farmers, and street people will have the upper hand in that situation. I feel sorry for the parasitic bankers, politicians, and lawyers, the will be useless to their families and themselves to survive based on their skills.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Mmm.. well, I sometimes like to go out and be waited on. No dishes, no cooking, just to sit, talk, relax, have some wine maybe. Hopefully theres live entertainment, that's always a plus. We don't need it everyday, I prefer once a month at least though.

I have a feeling the vast majority of people would side with me on that one. Work to enjoy luxury such as the ability to eat out, or the accepting of rations from the local government quarter master.... hmmm ...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Trade! That is all we are really doing now. We trade our work for money so the government can take half of it, then we buy things with it. But we can only buy half of what we earned. Mark is another word for money, Perhaps money is the MARK of the beast!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Real Antichrist

The Government does not provide food. Nor does it provide fuel, almost all power plants are privately owned. The Government does not provide cell phones either. Those are companies.

Tradesmen, farmers, and street people will have the upper hand in that situation.

So you take 6.3 billion people and spread them out with equal farming lands (has to be fertile, and hydrated of course) .. mm .. unless you plan on killing off a large portion of the world population, the world will not exist in this little vision of yours.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You cant buy any of those thing without the government$ product! When the product goes bad there wont be 6.3 billion people left.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Real Antichrist

Mark is not another word for Money.

mon·ey (mn) n. pl. mon·eys or mon·ies 1. A medium that can be exchanged for goods and services and is used as a measure of their values on the market, including among its forms a commodity such as gold, an officially issued coin or note, or a deposit in a checking account or other readily liquifiable account.

mark 2 (märk) n. 1. An English and Scottish monetary unit that was equal to 13 shillings and 4 pence. 2. Any of several European units of weight that were equal to about 8 ounces (227 grams), used especially for weighing gold and silver. 3. A deutsche mark. 4. A markka.

Which would be like saying Dollar is another word for money.
So your Bible Thumpin doesn't quite work out.

Trade cannot exist with our current population. Historically in trade societies, barter systems, there is still an underclass and a ruling class. In fact, even in more primitive societies like those of Northern Europe before the rise of Christianity, which is essentially the system your dreaming of kinda, had a ruling class. It would be impossible at this point to revert to such a system, and without such a system currency of some kind is the only way to regulate trade.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Antichrist
You cant buy any of those thing without the government$ product!

I have no idea what your talking about. Last time I bought a new cell phone, I don't recall seeing the Government in any bit of the process. An annoying sales guy, but that's about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by The Real Antichrist
You cant buy any of those thing without the government$ product!

I have no idea what your talking about. Last time I bought a new cell phone, I don't recall seeing the Government in any bit of the process. An annoying sales guy, but that's about it.

You bought a cell phone? With what? After Taxed Dollars

The perfect Slave:

Someone who does not know that they are a slave. They wave a hot dog in front of your face called the American dream! We believe that we want it, that we need it, and that we deserve it, so we commit our souls to the pursuit of the root of all evil.

The whole thing is an Illusion that you created.

Money is an Illusion.

No offence intended toward you ;[>

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Money is not the problem. The control of money by forces outside the interests of the mass population is the problem. Money is a necessity where trade is a necessity. It equalizes as an accepted standard of value. Of course money has no real value, and the current monetary system in the US is not represented by anything. And so money as it stands does not represent wealth, but rather the potential for wealth, like IOUs with denominations on them. Which is why money becomes debt, and the indebted are slaves.

A fool's game for sure, but to eliminate money we would first need to eliminate borders, all but very localized governments and most forms of property, allowing people to go where they need as they need in order to fulfill their needs. I don't imagine anyone is willing to do that anytime soon.

How to fix it then? The answer is rather simple, but I believe in defiance of our current laws. So I'll leave it up to someone else if they wish.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Every government has taxes. EVERY government.

Trade/barter systems HAVE TAXES .. If you don't know history, if you have never bothered to pick up a book and read about which you claim to understand.. please, don't just copy/paste and claim to know something. In Trade/Barter systems there has always been a system of taxation through Tribute to Government, in exchange for peace and prosperity.

Yes, if someone wants to go buy a cell phone, have a night on the town or what ever, they are using "after tax dollars" .. which provides our basic necessities to survive as a Country.

There never has been a Country without a Government, and there has never once been a Government without Taxation.

So you can tell me "Money is an illusion" .. but I am pretty sure when I trade that illusion it puts a roof over my head, food on my plate, and all the luxuries I personally need. And I am quite sure Those things are not illusions. Even if your claiming I attained them with an illusion. Which makes no sense, does it?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Of course money has no real value, and the current monetary system in the US is not represented by anything.

Money has value based on the goods it can attain. If I can produce a Dollar and hand it to the lady at the drive threw, my Dollar is certainly worth enough for the cheeseburger, is it not? So long as people accept that specific form of Money, then those Monies are in fact worth something. The Dollar is backed by security and faith -- the faith is that if you purchase the Dollars, or you accept them in trade, you are knowing that you can then turn around and use those Monies to attain further goods and services. Gold, Silver, Sea Shells, shiney beads, pretty rocks.. ALL use the same method. To peg a dollar to something is to give it a consistancy, that is to say, based on the supply of X = Y, adding or depleting the resource is the fluctuation of the currency. This comes with plenty of benefits, and just as many limitations. To peg the Currency to the general production and prosperity of the Nation frees it from the binds of consistency granted by pegging it to another object (that is in it's self also Volatile).

And so money as it stands does not represent wealth

To carry on with above, the idea of any form of Money, be it currency, rocks, sticks what ever, it always, always always always comes down to "if I trade you this for that can I use that to be this or that?" -- If you cannot use the tendered Monies to purchase something in turn, then that has no value. If you CAN turn around and use to purchase or trade for something else, then it has some form of value. The value is strictly based on what can you get for it? Just because the Dollar is not "backed" by something physical does not mean it's not worth anything. You can see this in the volatility of Dollar Values, what you can get per 1 dollar is constantly changing based on supply -- the more there is, the more it takes to get something, thus depleting value. This trend works in reverse as well.

Gold is also Volatile based on supply and demand. In regions where Gold is plentiful it is not considered rare or precious to the extent we view it, where we have already depleted our resource.

Gold's actual backing has only to do with the guarantee someone will accept it. If there where no guarantee you could turn around sell the Gold or trade it, no one would accept it. It wouldn't be worth anything.

There is no divine law dictating which resource on this planet is deemed to be of specific value. This is evident constantly throughout history.. from countries that used shells as currency, to Roman soldiers who where paid in Salt, because it was valued higher then Gold.

Which is why money becomes debt, and the indebted are slaves.

Debt is the negative holding of monies.. meaning you owe more monies then currently in possession. If I took my total indebtedness, subtracted my total equity and reserves, I would come about with my total net value. If my debt is higher, then my total net worth is negative, and thus I am worth nothing. If my total net worth is higher then my total debts, then I am worth the outcome of the equation. I do agree that debt is a form of slavery, such as Mortgages taking 30-60 years to pay off .. it's quite honestly no different then indentured servitude.. but that is not the currencies fault, that is the manipulation of markets.

but to eliminate money we would first need to eliminate borders,

Why, Governments don't impose the need for Money, people do. If you want something from me, give me something of equal or greater value -- this is the theory of money. Governments regulate money, standardize it, but never has a government created the need for money.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
waht we are looking for is not in our reality, it has to be something beyond our undesrstanding, involving each person, being on the same side, working together instead of working for each other, or against each other, where the power is in each one of us and not a single person or group of persons that "we choosed democrately". we have to stop thinking as slaves, and start thinking as our own masters.

Do the same thing we do but instead of working for the one above us, work for everyone, work for yo to make us all rich and powerful, so we can unleash the real potential of the human beings, to become our own gods working TOGETHER AS ONE.

I think you agree with me that we can win more working together, than against each other, share your knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join