It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of Men - movie - the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hi all,

i watched that film, children of men the other day. i must say after reading so much and hearing so much of marshal law , fema camps, population reduction etc, this movie was pretty scary.

i dont know about the whole infertility thing, possible i suppose, but lots of other scenes on this film were, what i think, is going to happen very soon.

urban warfare, people being beaten and caged. its scary looking stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

You should check out the special features on the dvd. There's some interesting and intelligent commentary there.

The infertility was a nice aspect IMO, gives a poignant picture of the despair of being the last generation on earth

[edit on 26-3-2009 by djr33222]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
cool, i will check that out. got the dvd til friday!!

i really enjoyed the movie. the urban warfare scenes were brilliant. maybe not far from reality i reckon.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
A good film and reflects quite intelligently the Orwellian disaster we may be headed for...

A scary film.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It is indeed scary looking stuff, which is what made it such a brilliant movie. But believe it or not, contrary to popular belief, most Hollywood script writers aren't able to look into the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This film I'm told, is based on the philosophy of Slavoj Zizek. I sugggest you pick up his book, "The Sublime Object of Ideology" for a thought provoking read. I have read a few of his books and I think they are amazing.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
thanks EricS, i will definatley look for this book. sounds like a good read.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Maybe not, but what makes the film so forceful in it's imagery/prophetic fictional vision is the true feeling behind all of it. How, though our ambien-like society may outwardly differ, inside it's cheap, worthless, violent - like an office building can feel like a prison, a supermarket a breadline, and the freedom of speech a tacit agreement to censorship.

Dostoevsky said, "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons."

One can't really imagine the world the film portrays to have the typical jailing institution. More like the caging in of all innocent 'others' and outright killing of dissenters and law breakers. Maybe an indication that such a society, though horrid, is on the brink of something greater. The 'Whatsitcalled Project?

And we all know about our prison system. Disgusting. You can watch those conscienceless animals in all their squalor on channels 15, 24, and 46. Don't forget to watch Felon.

But, yeah, I agree that it was a great movie. Like your sig too.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought the theme was great and scary, but I really loved the music sequence with King Crimson's "Court of the Crimson King", it added to the apocalyptic feel and mood quite a bit and also Micheal Caine was great!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
video.google.com...

I had the opportunity to become familiar with the Bevolution Project long before the movie Children of Men so I knew just how close to true the movie really was.

If you look at the disturbing pattern of infertility in our world right now you can see the hand writing on the wall.

There are more and more people having difficulty with fertility and the need for the the use of fertility drugs has greatly increased among both young and middle aged women.

Of course there is no one thing that is responsible for the increase of infertility among women and men of our planet but the increase in the consumption of chemicals into our bodies and the increase in the use of electronic devices especially those that produce frequency waves play a huge role in the phenomenon.

I don’t think that the decrease in fertility is really a mistake. I think that it is a desired effect by TPTB. It is believed by many that our numbers have reached critical mass and that efforts have to be made to decrease our numbers. It looks like them may have been quite successful in their endeavors.

top topics

join