It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequencies---do you hear them too?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The other night I was laying in bed and I kept hearing different frequency sounds for the longest time. I hear these during the day, when all is quiet. For some reason, I never thought of it until the other night. I thought it was just like a white noise or something I was hearing. Then I found this video here. Now, I know it's frequencies that I'm hearing. Is this normal? It gets quite annoying especially when trying to fall asleep. It sounds like they are coming from within my head, but I guess not. Anyone else hear these as often as I do? And when I hear them, they are not loud, they are very soft.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It happens to me all the time. Almost constantly. Never exactly the same noise either. I can "hear/feel" electricity sometimes. You know when you can hear when the tv is on, not in the same room, or have it on a blank channel.

I can hear speakers, dvd machines, all sorts of things, Great for findings things I suppose. And no i dont see the lights on the devices. I just hear them. Maybe Im sensitive to the electromagnetic freq. or something. Never gave it much thought. Just lived with it.

I also see specks in the air, kinda of hard to explain what it is Im seeing, but it is not dust in the air, neither # in my eye. I can only see them on a bright blue skied day outside. And it is all the time. Everytime this condition is met, I can go outside and watch them dance around.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I've had tinnitus for about 4 years now. I'm never without the sound of cicadas. I chalk it up to too much loud music and the 5 years I was working on the ramp at an airport. Hearing damage.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Is it normal? or is it just sensitive hearing? I don't have any of the other things that you mention, just hearing the frequencies. I guess I do hear appliances running. Is that the same? It doesn't sound the same, but I hear them too.

I've never done anything to damage my hearing and I don't have a problem hearing anything.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have excellent hearing, better than average. I can zoom in with my hearing also. I dont know if other people can do this. Im like Radar in Mash, wierd

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

I think I have excellent hearing as well. I also have an excellent sense of smell. It irritates my husband because I can smell things and make a comment about it, and he thinks I'm nuts.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I dont know what the frequencies are, but I do know what you are talking about. I always just thought that maybe it is the power running through the walls, you know in the wires that run all over the place. There is juice going through them, maybe people are starting to get sensitive to the electricity.

I know that I dont hear anything when I go into the woods. It is so peaceful in nature. That is why I thought it might be the juice in the walls. I only have this problem in city or house.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yep. Since I was a kid. My brother and sister used to be able to hear them too, but they don't anymore. I've had my hearing tested several times, so I know that I have an unusual range of hearing.

I've read some research papers that suggest that some people hear frequencies that aren't in the norm. But that they may not be actually "hearing" them with their ears. That the waves hit parts of your head or inside your brain. Think of some waves bouncing off all those nice parabolas inside your skull and then bouncing forward to a meeting point, like a satelite dish. That some peoples' brains then interpret these frequencies the way that it interprets other frequencies it is used to .... as sound.

I get less of it when I am not in an urban area. But if I am out of an urban area for several days and then come back into one, I become very aware of it. I can pick out cell towers in my vicinity and everything.

Drove me stark freaking mad when someone put up some new towers in my neighbourhood before I spotted them. They've steadily been adding more antennas and the like to the towers since then. The best thing about the one big antenna? When I go by it I LOSE my cell signal.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

What's weird is that while I'm hearing them, the frequency changes. It will go high, then low, etc. Sometimes it sounds like a tune, but with long sounds.

I didn't know what it was either until I heard that youtube video. That's the sound alright.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Just a thought, maybe it is like the frequency of the universe. Particles travel through matter, and maybe these particles (neutrinos?) interact with the particles that make our brain or body and we interpret as a sound or vibration.

Again, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel

I also see specks in the air, kinda of hard to explain what it is Im seeing, but it is not dust in the air, neither # in my eye. I can only see them on a bright blue skied day outside. And it is all the time. Everytime this condition is met, I can go outside and watch them dance around.

hey, i also see these "specs" when i look close enough usually when im outside/looking at the sky. they seem to be transparent squiggly randomized shapes that just 'float' around in my field of vision. since i was a small child i have been curious as to what they are and have met few others who knew what i was talking about.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm going to try to research it. Now I'm very interested in find out anything I can about this.

Le Colonel-----Hmmm... interesting theory!

I'm glad I'm not alone, but boy can it be annoying!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
No one I know, understands what im talking about. They do not "see" them.

Dont really know what it is, but like I said before, maybe it is the song of the universe and it is just random particles that are travelling through space, and continue right through the eye and sometimes they interact with the particles that make up the retina and we see specs. they problem with this is that what i see travels. almost like dust in the beam of sunlight, almost exactly like that, but it is not. Almost like little stars, kinda twinkly. they fade in and out,.

Only on a blue blue day though. anyways this is for another thread.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
reply to post by Aeons

Le Colonel-----Hmmm... interesting theory!

I'm glad I'm not alone, but boy can it be annoying!

I have my moments.

Since no one I know experiences this (i get funny looks) so I kinda stopped looking into and just lived with it. Knowing that I am not alone makes me want to look into this again. Cheers ATS friends

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I can hear frequencies occasionally that seemingly come from nowhere. Its odd because I sleep in a loft with a skylight less than four feet from my head (square shaped tunnel) and sometimes I can pick out frequencies that alternate in pitch. I almost think they are coming from outside and when I rollover to the other side of the bed the noise goes away. Sometimes the intensity increases and is often resolved when my pillow is placed over my head..

Im 18 and can assure you that I do not have tinnitus

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yep, hearing it now, and have been with frequent regularity for a long time, mostly right around the 13.5 KHZ tone in the video, although it occasionally rises and falls in pitch.

I figured maybe it's caused by hearing damage from standing in front of a speaker cabinet for twenty years, or, a government-operated mind-control frequency.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Le Colonel - please, for the love of god do not start a thread about the "specks" that you see. that topic comes up on these boards from time to time. do a search for one of them. i can assure you, however, that what you are seeing is merely blood cells moving through the cornea. i see it too, and i know EXACTLY what you are talking about. (naturally, you wont believe me, and will start an annoying thread anyway.)

ON TOPIC: OP, i have developed an onset of tinnitus over the past few weeks. i am particularly disappointed because i am a recording engineer.

i am also experiencing a separate but possibly related tension of the muscles near my right ear. the tension is audible at a lower frequency than the tinnitus. i highly suspect that they are both caused by stress.....and that once the stress is relieved, both of the noises will cease. i hope.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I see the specs too. They are like 100 little pinpoints of distortion swimming around in random circles or swirls separated fairly evenly. I think it is in our eyes though, like our blood cells or something.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Those specks are the actual blood vessels and blood flowing through your cornea.

If you have high blood pressure, sneeze, cough you can make them stand out more. I see them as a sunburst pattern emanating from the center of my vision. If I don't move my eyes or focus on anything the streaming effect last longer. Dr.s used to ask if you see spots. It was an indicator of high blood pressure.

As for the sounds, they can be anything. I can hear electrical devices, mainly CRT's but even solid state devices can make sounds. Power transformers used on ink jet printers (especially Dell's) can make high pitch sounds right before they let out the magic smoke. Capacitors on motherboards do it to.

I was really into speaker design in high school and had a test CD with sine waves on it used to test out speaker box enclosures and speaker response. it started at 10 cycles or Hz and went all the way to 50k cycles. You could actually hear the field of sound switch to the different speakers do to the frequency response as the sine wave increased. It also made dogs howl and a good 25Hz will shake about anything and be inaudible to most old people.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Neutrino Detectors

[edit on 3/26/2009 by staple]

[edit on 3/26/2009 by staple]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join