It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How We Can Know that this is the Final Generation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
here is another short video on this subject

yeah, I know... I'm a big youtube user

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
some thoughts on "generation"

γενεὰ - a generation; by implication, an age (the period or the persons) -- age, generation, nation, time.

we all know the usual definition of generation used in the context fathers and sons. but id like to draw attention to the lesser used meaning of "nation". this denotes a group, usually with certain common attributes.

there are several times the bible uses generation in this way

psalm 14: [5] There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous.

"the generation of the righteous" denotes a "nation" or group of righteous people. it not refering to a specific generation of righteous people that lived in a specific time.

psalm 112:[2] His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.

"the generation of the upright", again, referring to a group or nation of upright ones

psalms 102:[12] But thou, O LORD, shalt endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.
[13] Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.
[14] For thy servants take pleasure in her stones, and favour the dust thereof.
[15] So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
[16] When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
[17] He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
[18] This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD.
[19] For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;
[20] To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death;
[21] To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem;
[22] When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD.
[23] He weakened my strength in the way; he shortened my days.
[24] I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
[25] Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
[26] They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
[27] But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
[28] The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee.

dont worry, im getting to the point. "This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD." we are talking about a future group. it should also be noted that it says in verse26 specifically refers to them being "changed", which is the same language paul chose to use in 1 cor 15.

matt 12:[39] But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

here jesus uses the word in the same context, meaning a nation or group. this group transends time and is not limited to people that lived in jesus' time.

matt 23:[31] Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
[32] Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
[33] Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
[34] Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
[35] That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
[36] Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

we know jesus was speaking of a group and not the traditional term "generation" because john was the only prophet sent to israel. jesus was referring to all the prophets and wise men sent to correct the wayward nation. this covers a time over many years.

mark 13:[30] Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

so what does this scripture mean? what cant be ignored is that jesus said "this generation". this means that jesus was speaking to a people that were alive during that time. if the traditional meaning of generation is applied here, this passage doesnt make much sense. however jesus could have been referring to a group.

so which group?

1 peter 2:[9] But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

"a royal priesthood", "an holy nation". this should give us some clues. the apostles who jesus was speaking to were part of that group (rev 1:6) so this group does qualify. what else can we find?

rev 20:[6] Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

so those who become priests take part in the first resurrection. this implies that they have to die first. this is how this group can "pass."

its like mark 13:30 was saying, "this priesthood as a group will not completely die out before these things happen".

what things?

- false prophets (vs 5,6)
- many wars (vs 7,8)
- famines (vs 8)
- persecution for being christian (vs 9)
- gospel will be preached worldwide (vs 10)
- civil hatred (12)
- christian will be hated (13)
- abomination in the holy place (we dont know what that is yet) (14)
- great tribulation (19)
- god will have to cut short the tribulation (20)
- after tribulation, god moves (24)
- powers in heaven shall be shaken (governments that are viewed as permanent will no longer seem that way (25)
- christ will gather his "elect"

so what does this mean? jesus is basically saying that when these things happen, there will be a remnant of those who belong to this "priesthood" alive and present on earth to witness these things.

just some thoughts on "generation"

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

great post! understanding who the "generation" is, is very important.

abomination in the holy place (we dont know what that is yet)

Matthew 24:15 (New International Version)

So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,'[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Mark 13:14 (New International Version)

When you see 'the abomination that causes desolation standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Luke 21:20 (New International Version)

When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

This could allude to the destruction of false religion, instigated by the UN.
I will post about this with a little more detail later.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by drevill

And the printing press wasn't a technological breakthrough?

With that the mass distribution of bibles was achieved, where before the written method could not get enough bibles to the people.

Technology has helped to fulfill the commission Jesus gave to Christians.

The mass distribution of the bible in multiple languages and countries is the principle means of the actual fulfillment of Matt. 24 verse 14.

Even 100 years ago we couldn't do that.

Hi Blue/
You are correct,The Gospel shall be preached to all before the end comes...
But which Gospel is that?
Remember there are many false prophets come and gone and are still waiting to capture many with their false prophecies.
We are lucky enough to have the Two Prophets Enoch and Elijah come and preach to the world that the time has come....these two are also the two candlesticks spoken of in Scripture...

As the time of the end of this world comes near,
it is true that there will be a time of tribulation,
such as the world has never seen [Matt 24:21]
If one thinks of all the disasters and catastrophes of most evil crimes ever committed by man,,then one should know or at least begin to think what will befall mankind in the time of the antichrist!
What are some of the signs of the antichrist coming...
Our Lord spoke of some of these signs as being like “birth-pangs” (Mark 13:8,....Birth pangs because they build up and then the child is born..is has to.
“Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth” (Revelation 17:5)...people tend to think/believe as this being an actual literal figure.
It is not.see below in quote.

“Babylon has always stood for rebellion against God…self-exaltation and idolatry” (The Orthodox Study Bible, p. 622). This sym­bolic use of Babylon seems to indicate a massive coalition of global, economic, political and religious powers that will bring the world to its final judgment.

www.antiochian.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">source
The above precise Scripture should tell us that We are not far off...

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Power is given to them by the Lord to warn mankind of what is to come.And they will tell the world of the evil antichrist...they will preach for about 3 and half years(as scripture says)

5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

Remember here people /No enemies will be able to hurt these Two Prophets till their testimony of the Truth is told...Prophesied.

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

The Exact place of where our Lords Crucifixion took place!

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

And here we have the unbelievers still not convinced and do nothing more but leave their bodies in the street.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Can you believe the evil minds of these people?
They actually believe they did good!
One is 'Tormented' when one has not the Lord in their soul...a thirst that never is quenched!

11And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither.
And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

But, only 3 and half days later,they are first time Resurrected(these two prophets did not die-Old Testament)
But FEAR started in those people that just before were only too happy to see them killed!
Revelation 11....
After this many events follow,that lead to Judgement Day, for the Living and the dead.
The Next 3 and half years will be the worst kind man has ever witnessed or will ever again witness.

If anyone is interested, I will finish it later.
IX
helen

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
OK, about the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" - Matthew 24:15,16

I'm being lazy right now so, I'm just going to post an article about it... it gives me chills every time I read it.

"Let the Reader Use Discernment"

Warning: article is kinda long

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by holywar
OK, about the "disgusting thing that causes desolation" - Matthew 24:15,16

"Let the Reader Use Discernment"

awesome article, i never really saw it that way before

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join