It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How We Can Know that this is the Final Generation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sadly, with the same careless abandon as the unsaved, members of the Church are continuing with a business as usual attitude despite the numerous obvious signals that not all is well; that history is on a collision course with its prophetic end. The satanic plan of lulling the Church to sleep with a “we’ll fly away” attitude mixed with laughable attempts at setting a date for the Lord’s return have made any serious examination of the biblically stated limits of time and the completion of the age a side show circus.
However, the warnings to watch and therefore, by logical extraction, prepare for what has been prophesied will take place are numerous. Furthermore, knowing a close approximation of the end of the age (or time) is not a problem for those who understand that God “… will not break My covenant, nor change the thing that has gone out of My lips” Psalm 89:34. This plainly states that God will not break His own rule that “Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you a holy day, a sabbath of rest to Jehovah. Whoever does work in it shall be put to death” Exodus 35:2. Understanding this Sabbath Rest of the Law of God is crucial in understanding that we have indeed reached the end of time; Jesus stands ready to reclaim the earth.
We read in Psalm 90:4 “For a thousand years in Your sight are as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.”, which shows the comparative usage and prophetic interchangeability of a thousand years with a single day; indeed the Hebrew word for a ‘day’ (yôm) can mean either a single day, year OR a thousand years DEPENDING on the sentence it is found in. Peter notes this when he addresses the prophetic misunderstandings of the Church at Jerusalem: “But, beloved, let not this one thing be hidden from you, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day” 2 Peter 3:8
When one considers the genealogy in Matthew 1:1-17 (paying attention to verse 17) and the Genesis genealogy of Noah with its recorded life spans, it can be shown that there was about four thousand years between the creation and the birth of Jesus; with about two thousand years of history since then. It must remembered here that if you correct for the years of Jewish captivity left out of the year total of the Jewish calendar; the years lost due to the conversion from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar and the fact that there are 360 days in a Jewish year, the Jewish 6000th year begins about 2026-2028. If one subtracts the seven years for tribulation period of seven years as discussed in Daniel and Revelation, we have about run out of time.
You can also see this confirmed by a comparison of Matthew 24:32-34 with Jeremiah 24:3-10, which means that the Jewish generation of 40 years that saw Israel restored as a nation shall not TOTALLY pass away before the return of Jesus. As Jewish traditions are that a generation has totally passed away after 80 years (why Caleb protested that even though he was 85, he was still ready to claim his possession: Joshua 14:10, 11) and Israel became a nation again in 1948, you have two scriptural confirmations that we have reached the end of the age at 2028. Some time shortly before this year the Millennial Reign of Christ’s 1000 year ‘Sabbath Rest’ (Revelation 20:3) must begin.
Again: Hosea 6:1 Come and let us return to Jehovah. For He has torn, and He will heal us. He has stricken, and He will bind us up (this happens at the national redemption of Israel: Zechariah 12:10); 2. After two days He will bring us to life. In (the Hebrew word translated “in” literally means in the ‘start of’) the third day He will raise us up, and we shall live before Him.
Once more in these verses, we see confirmation of the ‘6’ days of ‘work’ equaling 1000 years of ‘work’ principle. It can also be seen when Jesus states: “…Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up” John 2:19; speaking here about not only His resurrection from the dead on the third day, but also about the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple at the end of the age.
Philip Melancthon, a leader of the Reformation, noted this prevalent teaching of the Early Church Fathers of the 6000 years before the end of the age when he commented on a passage in Daniel: “The words of the prophet Elias should be marked by every one, and inscribed upon our walls, and on the entrances of our houses. Six thousand years shall the world stand, and after that be (remade); two thousand years without the law; two thousand years under the law of Moses; two thousand years under the Messiah(‘s Grace); and if any of those years are not fulfilled, they will be shortened (a shortening intimated by Christ also, on account of our sins).”
As God states that the PROOF He IS GOD will be when Israel is restored as a nation after 2000 years: Ezekiel 39:27 “…when I have brought them again from the peoples, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations; 28. then they shall know that I am Jehovah their God who exiled them among the nations…” we can be sure: Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man that He should lie, neither the son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken, and shall He not make it good?”
It is important to note that the USA must collapse as a world power BEFORE the tribulation period as it is NOT mentioned in the Middle East wars the Anti-Christ fights (See Daniel 11:32 - 12:4); the world economy must totally collapse and Russia must attack Israel with its Persian (Iranian) Ally; which results in their destruction (See Ezekiel 38 & 39).
“Thus, then, the six hundred years of Noah, in whose time the deluge occurred because of the apostasy, and the number of the cubits of the image for which these just men were sent into the fiery furnace, do indicate the number of the name of that man in whom is concentrated the whole apostasy of six thousand years, and unrighteousness, and wickedness, and false prophecy, and deception.” (Irenaeus. Adversus haereses, Book V, Chapter 29, Verse 2)
“And 6, 000 years must needs be accomplished, in order that the Sabbath may come, the rest, the holy day "on which God rested from all His works." For the Sabbath is the type and emblem of the future kingdom of the saints, when they "shall reign with Christ," when He comes from heaven, as John says in his Apocalypse: for "a day with the Lord is as a thousand years."Since, then, in six days God made all things, it follows that 6, 000 years must be fulfilled.” (Hippolytus. On the HexaËmeron, Or Six Days' Work. From Fragments from Commentaries on Various Books of Scripture)
“Clement of Alexandria, Julius Africanus, Hippolytus or Rome, Eusebius of Caesarea, and Augustine of Hippo, clearly spoke of an earth that is under 5600 years old. Those Church fathers were mocked by "scientific philosophers" of their time who taught a long age earth theory as well, but they never compromised their faith in God's eyewitness account.” The Bible is either totally true or it is all a lie, out of 5400 + prophecies, 3560 have been fulfilled EXACTLY. God is hitting 1000%! Care to bet against Him, and an eternity in hell?

[edit on 3/25/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The church fulfilled the majority of the tribulation prophecies years ago. Most people do not realize it because they are already in the church and they look outward towards other religions/times rather than looking in their own churches and history.

I find it odd that you spent so much time showing how days and nights are not literal earth days and then talk of the tribulations in terms of the literal.

As for the USA, I would suggest the USA is the church of philadelphia and the constitution is a physical part of the star of david. Not to be confused with the actual government of the USA but the people and attitude the country was founded on(in philadelphia, the city of brotherly love).

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
How do we know this is the final generation?

Several ways. Here's a couple.

Matthew 24-14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Simplest interpretation acording to Occam's razor has this prophecy complete. Only one person from each nation/tribe/ethnic group was needed in order to fulfill it.

Then Matthew 24-34 promises that the generation that was around for the event of 24-14 will witness the end of the Apocalypse.

Next.
Ezekial 36 and 37. When the Jews return to Israel it's time.

And lastly Hosea 6-2.
The days are thousand year periods of time. Israel and Judah were to be torn down for 2000 years and restored for the 3rd thousand....

My guess. 19 years or less to go now. Assuming that the length of the generation is 80 years or less as per Psalms 90.

Its time.

And for the US in prophecy. Try the tribe of Manessah. Acording to Genesis 48 and 49 the tribes of Israel were to be nations in the end times.
The US would make a great Manessah according to the prophecy. Or at least one of the multitude of Ephraim.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by ntech]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Excellent point, many people don't realize that Matthew 24 verse 14 could only be properly accomplished with the modern technology that we now have, and developed within about the last 100 years
"This Good News about the kingdom will be spread throughout the world as a testimony to all nations. Then the end will come.

1)Mass production of bibles into multiple languages with logistical distribution through out the world.

2)Revelation 14 6&7
6 I saw another angel flying overhead with the everlasting Good News to spread to those who live on earth-to every nation, tribe, language, and people. 7 The angel said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the time has come for him to judge. Worship the one who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs."

This scripture ties back to Matthew 24 14, the Good News would get Angelic assistance in being spread at the very end.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The real problem is that most people haven't grasped the fact that this is a very easy prophecy to fulfill. It merely needed 20th century technology to get the message out to the remotest corners of the world.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by ntech]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
USA must collapse.

Yea I think we are babylon the great who falls in 1 hour.

ships at sea wailing over her.

could be wrong.

One thing is for sure and that is the global mark of the devil that will have to do with buying anything and everything. That prophecy will probably come shortly.

peacw./

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
USA must collapse.
Yea I think we are babylon the great who falls in 1 hour.
ships at sea wailing over her.
could be wrong.

One thing is for sure and that is the global mark of the devil that will have to do with buying anything and everything. That prophecy will probably come shortly.

peacw./

Well,....if you want something to look at along those lines. Read the prophesies of Daniel 8 and 11. One thing about bible prophesies. Sometimes they repeat. And Daniel 8 and 11 seem to be doing just that.

I'm just watching for Daniel 8-20 and 11-4 to happen to the US. Obama may be the last president of the US. The US as the realm of Greece? I'm watching.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Matt. 24:34 says that the generation being born when the end times signs begin will still be alive when all signs are fulfilled. This doesn’t mean that all the signs will be fulfilled within the span of one generation, nominally 40 years. It says that the people being born when the signs begin will still be alive at the end. So the signs will be fulfilled within their lifetimes. According to Psalms 90:10 a Biblical lifespan is 70-80 years. Most scholars agree that the first of the end times signs was the re-birth of Israel in 1948, so people being born around 1948 can expect to see everything fulfilled before they die.

While the fig tree is often a symbol of Israel, I don’t believe it’s being used that way here. Since the fig tree is the last to get its leaves in the spring, the Israelites knew when they saw its leaves that summer was very near. This parable means that when we see the first of the End Times signs, we’ll know that His return is very near.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

hello

im sorry but God does not need"technology" to accomplish this

as an example

Angels sent to the shepherds and wise men.

lets not forget we are told that some have entertained angels unaware.

on Jesus return every eye shall see him, God is NOT limited as we are.

David

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

God can still use technology, as it is his anyways

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I can guess all I like, however I dont really think anyone knows...Cause its a great mystery, not even the Son of God knew, so we can chat and I can read all those wonderul posts and quotes, which I am sure many generations before us read, and hoped and believed...that it was their generation.

The great illusion I see in all this is that it takes the person out of the now, out of the being and sometimes has people hoping for a tomorrow of happiness or peace, instead of trying to make their today happy and peaceful. The old saying that some mums used to say to their children "wait til your father gets home" sometimes reminds me of the attitude of some, "When God comes to earth..." exuse me..God is already here! The spirit of God is Here now.

Its all about now, its got nothing to do with tomorrow. Thats my opinion. Once people wake up to life, they will see Gods glory shinning in every being and shinning in every molecular structure that creates this planet, God is in everything and is everything, I am not too sure what people are waiting for, the bad people to stop being bad? mmmm So God did not assist in the manifestation of bad? I am not sure.... We are made in the image of God...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

And the printing press wasn't a technological breakthrough?

With that the mass distribution of bibles was achieved, where before the written method could not get enough bibles to the people.

Technology has helped to fulfill the commission Jesus gave to Christians.

The mass distribution of the bible in multiple languages and countries is the principle means of the actual fulfillment of Matt. 24 verse 14.

Even 100 years ago we couldn't do that.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The Hebrew word for a day can mean a 24 hour period, a year, or a thousand years according on how it is used. Doing all the calculations, we have used 5879 to 5882 years of our 6000 year lease – then the 1000 year Millennial reign of Christ.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The very day Jesus rode into Jerusalem to be proclaimed King was prophesied exactly in Daniel, and the Jews were cut off for not recognizing the day of their visitation. We are given the ability to calculate the Lord’s return pretty closely and told that if we do not watch, as in being prepared for it, we will be cut off too. There is nothing hard to understand about prophecy, until some denominational teaching is contradicted by the scriptures and then denominational apologist spiritualize over the contradiction, warping the Word until everyone is confused.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This most definately is the generation.I like the rest of you have watched our world start to fall apart and of course the economy is huge.I am very excited and watching the signs of His coming

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flashesofblue

It is true that no one knows the day or the hour but the Lord gave us the signs to watch for so that we could discern when he is at the door. This is that time

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
There is no literally "last days." That is merely symbolic of existential threats.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The people behind the original setting up of the State of Israel have decided it has fulfilled its purpose and are ready to pull the rug out from under it. We have had decades of tumult over the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. People are distressed enough over it to want to go with some plan that might seem to be a way of ending it. Of course the only way to have peace is to destroy Israel.
Meanwhile, the situation seems ripe to play the end game for their real prize, meaning the prize desired by the original instigators. The wonderful plan that was proposed by the pope, and is being supported by The Obamanation of Desolation, is to divide up Jerusalem into six parts. One part, that covers part of the Temple Mount, will become a sovereign state and will basically be an annex of the Vatican.
So, what about the poor suckers who were convinced to live in Israel, as if it was an ok thing to do? Their borders will be withdrawn far enough to make the country indefensible and subject to being wiped out. How about Israel's plan to hit Iran first? Nope, Obama says do not even think about it. Can he stop them? Yes, because the US controls the airspace above Iraq.
Why should we care about all this? Think about it. The Sanhedrin has already allowed sacrifices to be made. The new temple is already built and is in pre-fabricated parts, across the border in Egypt. The Jews probably thought all that was for their benefit. Once they build it, we will have the anti-christ already there and claiming sovereignty over it.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by badmedia

The Hebrew word for a day can mean a 24 hour period, a year, or a thousand years according on how it is used. Doing all the calculations, we have used 5879 to 5882 years of our 6000 year lease – then the 1000 year Millennial reign of Christ.

Hi/

What exactly is the 1000 year Millennial reign of Christ mean?

helen

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Another sign is the vision Daniel had of the immense image (Daniel chapter 2).
We are now living in the "feet" stage of the image.

The image shows that the time for human rulership is shortly coming to it's end.

This video explains this image

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join