It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it unhealthy to be preoccupied with conspiracy theories?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Because if it is, lock me up and toss away the key. I've spent waaaaayyyy too mych time in the last few years reading everything on conspiracies under the sun. From the crackpot speculations of lone nuts on lurdly-colored, almost-unknown geocities sites, to well-thought-out systemic exposures of things that are likely to be happening.

If you are reading this, there is a good chance you're like me. Why do we find this stuff so fascinating? What is it that drives those of us who investigate this stuff to sacrifice so much of our time, effort, and sanity? And, perhaps more interestingly, why is the general interest in conspiracies increasing among soiciety at large (and I do belive it is). I have my own ideas about these questions but I'd be interested to hear yours.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't speak for most, but my fascination stems from a desire to find something logical in an illogical world.

I suspect that may be true for others as well. Not sure how much success they may be having, but... myself, I'm still searching. ^^

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Probably..but sometimes you have to make sacrifices like sanity
Anyway it depends on where you focus your attention,the political conspiracies or atleast news about politics laws,,bailouts,centralization of power affects you directly in the end.I could see how things like 2012,FEMA camps and all that could negatively affect someone if they obsessed over it and believed everything they read about it.Moderation is probably best...except for politics of course.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
For me its because I know one of them is real.
And in my head I think... well if that's possible, then anything is

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It's one thing showing an interest in Conspiracy Theories. It's another when you buy into them lock, stock and barrel and start seeing shadows at every turn.

There's no such thing as healthy Obsession! Just ask William Cooper!

Oh that's right you can't - he committed cop assisted suicide!

IRM

top topics

join