It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met the prez.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Bush was in town (Buffalo, NY) today to give a speech, but he was really there to talk about the Patriot Act. Anyway, his speech isn't the important thing. My buddy works for The Buffalo News and he was going to go to ask him questions at his Q & A after his speech. Well, it just so happened that my friend got TWO press passes, and he called me up to see if I wanted to go. I am currently taking a journalism course at UB, so I figured "Hey! It couldn't hurt.".

So we get there, and it's packed. We didn't even get to see his speech, we had to go straight to this small room they were using for the press. After about 45 minutes, he and his crew walked in. Everybody went nuts, yelling questions left and right. What they asked wasn't important, though. What I asked was.

Let me paint you a picture of what exactly happened. There's about 300 people, the president, the presidents crew all packed in a room that has a max. capacity of about 75. As you can imagine, this was very boring, and I was busy staring at the wall. Then it happened! Some guy goes, "Would anyone in the back [where I just happened to be sitting] care to ask The President a question?". I think to myself "I'll never be given another opportunity like this again". So I yell out "Who's your favorite football team?". And you know what that asshole said. The Dallas Cowboys. Let me repeat that for you. The President of the United States of America came to Buffalo New York and said that his favorite professional football team was The Dallas Cowboys. I don't know if anyone here knows about any of the Super Bowls the Bills were in, but the Cowboys not only beat them twice, but they beat them two years in a row. Needless to say, the room was stunned. The President went on to answer some more questions as me and my friend gave each other the I-can't-believe-he-said-that-his-favorite-team-is-The-Dallas-Cowboys look.

I mean, yeah, I can see why he said it, coming from Texas and all, but if YOU were the President, wouldn't you say that your favorite teams were the teams from the town you were currently looking for votes in? Anyway, after the Q & A session he started toward the back of the room to leave, while shaking hands and what not. And as he goes to leave, he turns, comes back to me, shakes my hand and as we are shaking hands he leans in and says "The Bills might be a play-off contender this year, what with [Willis] McGahee and [Takeo] Spikes in the line up and all". And then he turned and walked out, all the while I'm in shock that 1.) I just met the President, 2.) He talked to me personally about football, 3.) He said his favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys.

In conclusion and summary, I met the President, he insulted me and everyone in the press room in his poor taste in football teams, and I don't plan on voting for him anymore. I am very fickle when it comes to voting.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh jeebus.

I for one hate the Dallas Cowboys.

I also just happen to LOATHE President Bush.

Makes my decision REAL easy, now doesn't it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The Dallas Cowboys. Who'd have thunk, he would root for his home team. Basing your vote on this, and not his politics...This is part of the problem with the american voting process, people don't really care about the politics, but instead who looks the best on TV, who studders the least, and who is most charismatic. For most Americans, a person's politics take a far far back burner on their decision to vote.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Haha! I live in Rochester, right by Buffalo, but I still don't like the Bills! That's a really funny story though, and hey, at least he was honest

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Big D is Americas Team, no two ways about it. If I wasnt gonna vote for him already I am now. Hell I think Im gonna get Cowboy Nation behind him.

Go BIG D.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Bush is a pretty nice guy despite his taste in football, when my great-grandfather died, he sent a letter to my family stating he's sorry for our loss in what not(because my cousin was his secretary at the time). He's pretty cool, i just wouldnt vote for him.

Also, Cowboys arent that bad, i dont like them or dislike them.

[Edited on 4/20/2004 by TekNo88]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Big D is Americas Team, no two ways about it. If I wasnt gonna vote for him already I am now. Hell I think Im gonna get Cowboy Nation behind him.

Do you know what B.I.L.L.S stands for?

B.ecause I. L.ike L.osing S.uperbowls.

Just joking, I always appreciated the Bills.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well Agent, me being born and raised in Buffalo and all, I was taught to hate 3 Sports teams. The Toronto Maple Leafs, the Miami Dolphins, and the Dallas Cowboys. I'm not saying Dallas is bad, I'm just saying that I hate them with all of my body. And, I always thought that the New England Patriots were "Americas Team".

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So would you have preferred that he had lied about which team is his favorite?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
did u smell death on him?

was he an idiot like every1 says he is? or was he serious? sounds pretty dumb to me but then again....this is bush

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That speaks volumes for the president, that he actually told the truth about his favourite team nomatter what consequences it will bring.

All I have to say about this is "Well done Mr. President, well done."

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
So would you have preferred that he had lied about which team is his favorite?

To be honest, yeah. It just seemed so wrong to say something like that. It was like him going to NYC and saying his favorite team is Boston, instead of the Yankees.

He seemed/sounded nice, made jokes, was polite. He had answers for most questions and he spent a lot of time talking to the press. More time then his speech took actually.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I thought Bush was from Houston? Wouldn't that make him a Texan fan? I actually seriously think he said Cowboys to spite you all. What a jerk.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I can't find the source because I saw it a few years ago, but I read a story that showed that how successful a president is considered to have been is inversely proportionate to how smart they are considered to have been. Carter was smart. Clinton was smart. Nixon was very smart. Reagan was not considered to be too bright but his presidency is considered to be one of the most successful in recent history. The smarter they are, the more they seem to screw things up.

I don't want a slick prez. I want an honest prez who says what he actually believes instead of what the opinion poles say people will like hearing. As long as he surounds himself with smart people he'll do just fine.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I couldn't resist... Having supported my home team for over 30 years, through thick and thin...

Not to mention the fact that Shrub has owned the Texas Rangers (and is prolly friends with Jerry Jones) what team did you THINK he was going to say?! The Houston Texans?! NOT.

All that aside I think it's GREAT you had the opportunity you had and, most importantly, tool advantage of it!

Cool stuff...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
wait, so you're not going to vote for him anymore because he's a cowboy's fan? and you rather have him lie rather than tell the truth?

top topics

join