It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You must reply this to this thread, because I have an idea,... help is needed.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There is a proverb saying : "charity begins at home."

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Hi I applaud Your action as well; I would have to agree with jcm, regarding how to go about it. Thanks for bringing a thread to the table that helps. S&F

from jackcatmtn

I would suggest letting a local outreach organization know of your willingness to share your home to someone who is in dire straits due to the current economic situation.

Help those around you, and as generous as you are presenting yourself, you will be helping a needy single mom and her children before you know it

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
churches run on orders of the IRS. Very few practice true christian charity.

I went to town today for boxes, as I have to pack. Did not get them, no vehicle. The Churches won't help except for small things. If a person needs a car, then they ask for what they need, and that is what help they need and want to get on theiir feet. But charities and churches and most non profits, want to control what you get and decide for you what you need. They reduce the one in need to a lower class position in their speech and mannerism in dealing with them.

I am an intelligent women who happens to have been a firefighter, victim advocate for Law enforcement, a child birth educator, and I am a minister.

So if I ask for help I still wan to be treated with respect and dignity and not made to be someone's slave. I only ask for what I need.

For chrisitnas this should be a non brainer, but after what I have done and seen, I can tell you there are very FEW real Christians on earth.

In Matthew 5:42 jesus is very clear, but we fear, not sure what, upsetting the IRS, being a competitor with non profits. If you asked me for a screw driver and I had one and was not using it, I would give it to you. It is a thing and replaceable and I can't take it with me when I go.

Yet we are so clutching of our things, at least here in America. If there is an empty house in your community, why not let someone live there? At least you get something from it.

For instance I have faith that God will provide what I need, why? Because with humans there are strings attached and a desire to control and dominate others. and hold their need over their head.

I need a long bed truck with camper shell and a ball hitch and horse trailer.
All in good repair. I ask, I never beg. Am I worthy? By whose standards will I be judged?

Giving come from the heart and has no expectations and no strings. When I give some veteran sitting on the corner, who shouldn't be there, a twenty, I never look back or tell him how to spend it. It all belongs to God, so it goes from God in me to God in you. What is the big deal?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I think you show a loving, giving, generous heart. If I was a homeless woman with a child, I'd sure take the offer. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the naysayers. Their responses make it pretty obvious what's in their hearts.

I'm pretty sure you are intelligent enough to do what is necessary to find a nice, moral, kind woman who just needs a helping hand to get back on her feet.

Thumbs up to you!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join