It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Govenor Arnold Schwarzenegger Opens State Fairgrounds to Tent City Homeless Camp!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sacramento, California, a city of 476,000 appx. is home to a growing population of homeless citizens, displaced from homes as the recession deepens.

California has currently has an unemployemnt rate of 10.1 percent, and the contiuing resession is expected to make it worse...and now the Govenor is opening the California State Fairgrounds to the growing number of homeless in Sacrmento, and in California!

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said a make-shift tent city for the homeless that sprang up in the capital city of Sacramento will be shut down and its residents allowed to stay at the state fairgrounds.

Schwarzenegger said he ordered the state facility known as Cal-Expo to be used for three months...

www.bloomberg.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/346cf9aa1305.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They got 2,700 homeless and this will accomodate 125!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
As times grow tougher with more and more people losing their homes and jobs, many are moving into communites called "Tent Cities." They are srpinging up all over according to the video. The following images are of a rapidly growing tent city in Sacramento, CA. I have seen this "city"...there are a lot more than 125 people. This is a huge issue here in Sacramento.
The street that leads to one of the openings has seen it's property values plummet due to the vagabonds, violence, and foot and vehicle traffic.

I think it is a good thing that they are moving it to a safe place, with an address so if emergency help is needed from paramedics, or the fire department etc it can be provided!

www.knx1070.com...

New York Times article

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/204e12befb6a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Problem : Homeless - tent cities

Reaction : "This is terrible - we must do something!"

Solution : Fema camps

C'mon people see it!

wZn

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

You know, I thought the same thing when this was announced today.
I was thinking in the back of my mind...what about the next town, and will they move it to a prepared FEMA facility?

You may be on to something....!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This is NWO conspiracy theorists worse nightmares, in which they never hoped would be true, springing into reality. They have been saying it for far too long that things like this would happen and no one ever believed them, the tin foil hat's that is.

Here's a good solution to the problem

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Techsnow]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That is some scary video footage there...enough to make plans to
go to the survival store tomorrow. I am going to be securing some good maps of the USA among other things...and keep track with a list of this kind of thing...

After all you just never know...!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
this does not look like a recession anymore, it looks like a depression and
this is growing in numbers as I see it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
Problem : Homeless - tent cities

Reaction : "This is terrible - we must do something!"

Solution : Fema camps

C'mon people see it!

wZn

I have a feeling you hit the nail on the head.

This is a perfect scenario to pave the way for the next step as mentioned above.

The three month time line figures in pretty close to the drills beginning in July and then for the August date that the people made the video of declaring the conversation overheard by a person in a police station about FEMA's plan.

Here is that thread for those who missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by interestedalways]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Sacramento's Tent City is just one of dozens in an ailing America...

The recession, which began as a crisis of homeowners unable to pay their mortgages but has spread to every part of the economy, took away 650,000 Americans' jobs for a record third straight month in February as unemployment climbed to a 25-year peak of 8.1 per cent. Around 12.5 million people are looking for work - more than the population of the state of Pennsylvania. No one is immune: the jobless rate for college graduates has hit its highest point.
The result is a proliferation of tent cities, such as the one in Sacramento. While it is the best-known shantytown in America - thanks mostly to an Oprah Winfrey special on the "new faces of the homeless" last month - it is only one of dozens. California, with its milder weather, has always attracted its fair share of people living on the streets. But the Golden State is being hit hard by the recession. In February it had the highest number of repossession filings - 80,775 - of anywhere in the US, up 51 per cent in a year according to the website RealtyTrac. Auction sale notices almost tripled to 18,831.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

Police say: "This is to keep you safe" Woman replies "# that, # you this is you harassing us!"

So the Police intend to make the people safer....... by slicing apart their only shelter.... I am lost in the logic.. *sigh*..

When you think of Cali with unemployment in double digits, and considering the sheer population size of Cali.. you can only imagine the amount of people homeless, or soon to be homeless.... I hope they come up with a better plan in the near future.

And what's wrong with using FEMA camps. Resources can be provided along with security. So long as civilian organizations with no bias can monitor the whole situation 24/7

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
California is hard hit right now....

As the operations manager of an outreach center for the homeless here, Paul Stack is used to seeing people down on their luck. What he had never seen before was people living in tents and lean-tos on the railroad lot across from the center.

An encampment of tents under an overpass in Fresno, CA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f582727230c1.jpg[/atsimg]

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Hi BTS...

I must say that what I see here is Gov S's way of grouping the masses together and thereby making it easier to round them up come herding time. They're all in the fairgrounds and I would think that can be regulated much like any other camp that FEMA runs.... It's just not official who owns the fairgrounds...

S&F
Maybe people will see this for what it is, the beginning....

Rgds

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That's terrible to see all of those people out there like that. I forgot how bad others have it. Its not right for the police to destroy their tents with knives. Our governments and people are supposed to help others that are truly in need, and instead our government gives the COMPANIES money.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
what kind of degenerate cops would even do that i would say no if i was a cop
dont they have better things to do i dont want them using my money to pick on homeless people

it takes a real small minded person to do such a thing

[edit on 28-3-2009 by dean007]

top topics

join