It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alarm clocks healthy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
I just heard a report on a study that found strokes and heart attacks tend to occur more often in the mournings. They were saying that the blood vessels were less elastic in the mournings

Talk about a Freudian slip.
that proves that alarm clocks are bad for us and can even kill us !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I'm an insomniac and have small Godzillas who climb out of their beds in the mornings, so the concepts of sleep patterns and gentle awakenings are alien to me.
I do often take a nap the same time as the kids, and that does seem to help. But when it comes to alarm clocks, I've always needed a super-annoying one (placed across the room to prevent inadvertent shutoff). Anything soothing doesn't do the job, as I'll just incorporate whatever's playing into my dreams.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
if you really really need an alarm clock and arent getting enough sleep because of the alarm clock then do this: cut down on your caffeine etc and go to bed earlier...i know so many people who try to cram too much into each day. sure you can do it, but your body suffers. its even been linked to making you gain weight.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Here are a couple interesting sites for you guys to look at.

www.outsidein.co.uk...
www.now-zen.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yesterday morning I was jolted out of an intersting dream by my 3 yr old (in my face) crying...."DADDY DADDY, I HAD A BAD DREAM!!!"

It hurt to wake up, It felt like my body was in shock.

I guess the harpp must have been playing that morning.....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm am a really heavy sleeper.

I have two recurring dreams.

First, I am in the control room of a nuclear reactor. One of the alarms start going off, and the door slams shut. The people outside are pounding o the stuck door, and trying to yell at me to turn off one of the buttons. I freak out so bad I WAKE UP and find that the beeping is my alarm clock.

In the second dream, the clock is beeping. I get up and cross to the dresser to shut it off. But it keeps beeping. So I unplug it, but it just keeps beeping. Then I stomp on it, throw it across the room, and swing it around and over my head by the chord like a medieval mace. But it's still going. So I run the chord through the slats of my headboard, and YANK on the chord until it snaps out of the back of the clock! But the @#)(&$)(*!_$# thing is still beeping! Beeping! BEEPING! The sound from HELL!

And then I wake up. And my family wonders why I'm in a bad mood every morn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join