It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt tries to hang up on killer SMS roumers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Egypt tries to hang up on killer SMS roumers

uk.news.yahoo.com

The Egyptian government has sought to dispel rumours that a mobile phone text message "from unknown foreign quarters" is spreading around the country and killing those who receive it.
The extraordinary move by Egypt's health and interior ministries follows press reports that an SMS containing a special combination of numbers killed a man in the town of Mallawi south of Cairo.

"He died vomiting blood,followed by stroke, shortly after he received a message from an unknown phone number,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am going along with the governments view that this is roumer, but wonder if such techology exists i.e some high pitched signal, that could cause brain injury or death ? Seems like something out of a James Bond movie, but I wouldn't be surprised if some boffin somewhere hasn't explored the possibilities

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reminds me of Monty Python's funniest joke in the world.

Link

crazy what some people believe.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe its not a audible signal at all. Perhaps when the text is opened, it sends the satellite a signal via the cell phone to lock in your position and fry you.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hahah i was in Cairo 2 months ago. They are very superstitious people there, i bet they are all panicking about it

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
LOL... How can anyone believe this?
Remember, magic number work only when you are lost on strange island with polar bears in the south pacific...

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Jigore]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Jigore]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I cant believe that this is real. But i did watch a smallville episode where they would send a text message to someones phone and it pretty much hypnotised the person and input a message into their brain to kill some person and off they would go and try ot kill that person and once snapped out of their hypnotic state they wouldn't remember anything...

Hopefully this sort of technology will come out in the future available for all.... ;-P

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Heh. Sounds kind of like Stephen King's book Cell. Except that that signal turned you into a crazy violence zombie and then you became part of a hive mind...or something.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Did you ever think, the message he just received.
Told him hes lost all his money in the stock market, and his wife has left him for his broker

That would be enough to kill anyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This was also on an episode of Fringe recently. In that the signal was a sent via computer virus. I don't think it's possible, but I don't know for sure. You would need prolonged exposure I think for it to harm you.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I live in Cairo and this is the first time I hear this BS, "Mallawi" is in Upper Egypt (Southern Egypt) and yea Southern Egyptians are may be a little superstitious but I mean why their BS make it to the News i don't know

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
did anyone read that Stephen King book "Cell"

didn't they have like 5 movies based on this already?

top topics

join