It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner: 'Quite Open' to Idea of Global Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner today said he is "quite open" to a Chinese proposal for a global currency:

www.usnews.com...

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says he is "quite open" to a massive reduction in the economic power and influence of the United States.

O.K, what Geithner actually said earlier today is that he is "quite open" to China's idea of a global currency system linked to the International Monetary Fund's Strategic Drawing Rights. But it might be pretty much the same thing since the whole point of the embryonic idea is to lessen the influence of the dollar. More from Geithner: "As I understand it, it's a proposal designed to increase the use of the IMF's Special Drawing Rights. I am actually quite open to that suggestion ...[though it should bee seen as an] evolutionary building on the current architecture rather than moving us to a global monetary union."

He was quite full of praise for the Chinese official that made the proposal:

www.pewterreport.com...

Geithner, at the Council on Foreign Relations, said the U.S. is "open" to a headline-grabbing proposal by the governor of the China's central bank, which was widely reported as being a call for a new global currency to replace the dollar, but which Geithner described as more modest and "evolutionary."

"I haven’t read the governor’s proposal. He’s a very thoughtful, very careful distinguished central banker. I generally find him sensible on every issue," Geithner said, saying that however his interpretation of the proposal was to increase the use of International Monetary Fund's special drawing rights -- shares in the body held by its members -- not creating a new currency in the literal sense.

"We’re actually quite open to that suggestion – you should see it as rather evolutionary rather building on the current architecture rather than moving us to global monetary union," he said.

Maybe he'll get his picture on the new currency?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well wasn't Geitner the head of the Fed for a while? Isn't he a born banker that has done nothing but help manipulate the economy and further the agenda?

Hmm, ofcourse he would be saying this is a good idea, who in the NWO doesn't want a one world currency? After that getting them to fold under one government is easy enough.

I wonder how he's going to convince Obama that it's a good idea, unless Obama just said he disagreed so he can play the " I dont have a choice" card in a few after they announce they're doing it.

Sad...

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Good post JSO!

So .. are we all afraid yet? We should be! Have all those who wanted Obama for POTUS woken up to the fact that he's just a NWO puppet? If not ... what are you waiting for? It's all right there, looking us in the face!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Freaking bankers!!

But let's keep complaining about the bonuses while the real scandal is right in front of our faces!

If the people don't stand up soon we won't be able to stop this.

Geithner and Bernanke should be in prison!!

The american people are being played and they don't realize it!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh boy. Didn't Obama just shug off the Chinese suggestion for a new global currency? And now Geithner says this? WTF?

Amero here we come...

I think it will look similar to the Canadian dollar...with all the pretty colours and such...kind of like the Euro!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh my god, the ex-chairman of the NY federal reserve told the Council on Foreign Relations he thinks a global currency is good?!

Seriously though, why the hell doesn't somebody fire this clown? It has to be obvious he's either an idiot or is working for somebody else and not in our interest. How can you defend this guy, as Obama unbelievably did, or even justify having him in your administration? He's a criminal!

So many CFR members, Bilderburgers...this administration is making my head spin. At some point or another, somebody has got to get tired of these shenanigans and do something. But what? Every avenue of government is corrupt. All I can think of is starting over.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not gonna happen. Anyway saw this article and thought it made sense why it isnt going to happen and why China is saying what they are saying.
Why China Wont Quit Dollar
BTW Geithner is an idiot.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by tide88]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Scary thing is that if Obama starts pitching for a global currency, I bet there will be tens of millions of fawning Obama supporters claiming that a global currency would be a brilliant idea.

As for Geithner, he "clarified" his position and said that the dollar should remain the world's currency for a long time to come. We all know that is BS and his desires, as well as all the global elites' desires, has just slipped out.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Of course he's open to the idea! in fact he's more than open to it, he's in favor of it. obama and his entire cabinet are NWO puppets, would you expect them to NOT be open to the idea of a one world currency?

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This one-world currency IS coming. Not only Russia but China, India, South Africa want this. I believe Japan too.

The Kremlin's call for a common currency is not the first in recent days. Speaking at an economic conference in Astana, Kazakhstan, last week, Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev proposed a global currency called the "acmetal" -- a conflation of the words "acme" and "capital."

On April 2, the G20 will meet. Bet we can guess what'll be on the agenda! My greatest fear is the one-world religion they will try and force upon people. What religion? It sho ain't gonna be us Christians!

We have to fight for what is right. We have to stand tall against evil and defeat it! It was prophecised in the Bible about this new world order. Remember who the leader will be? Now, let's figure that one out. We have a hint 666.

Acmetal, think the name will stick? I am so pissed off about the evil in this world! Greedy, power-hungry people. It's so hard to believe!

new topics

top topics

join