It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-11 family seeks secret documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Another family of 9-11 is seeking a large amount of secret documents from U.S. Gov they have been in court for over 7 years fighting government national security heres the story link.

link< br />
Falcon

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Judge defends pretrial secrecy of 9/11 documents

NEW YORK (AP) - A judge said Wednesday he favors keeping Sept. 11-related documents and interviews secret until the trials for several families of victims suing the airline industry, an opinion that upset several victims' family members.

Donald Migliori, a lawyer for families of three people who died on hijacked planes in the 2001 attacks, asked U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein to make nearly a million pages of evidence and 200 depositions public, saying there was no reason for secrecy.

Hellerstein did not rule, but he said he favored not publically disclosing evidence that had been gathered and shared with lawyers for the victims under a confidentiality agreement until a trial occurs. No trial has yet been scheduled.

He said the confidentiality agreement speeded a pretrial process that enabled more than 90 families of victims of the Sept. 11 attacks to settle their cases. Only three families have not settled.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Let's hope they are not redacted.

The 9/11 families are our best chance of exposing the attacks.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good. They should be doing this.
I hope it works out. For the sake of the country.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I can't really grasp the idea of 1,000,000 pages. 1,000,000 pages of information.

I read some of the comments on that site, and frankly it is sad what some people just accept. Here you have a story where people are requesting information about their murdered family members, and it doesn't look good for them. I read that and I was seriously upset for these people. But reading the comments, I realized why it is so easy to cover crimes up. The people commenting on the story started talking about Saddam Hussein and how we are taking care of business in the Middle East. Not only is Saddam irrelevant in a 9/11 discussion, the story is about government suppressing information regarding the murder of 3,000 people. For some reason, people immediately find some sort of satisfaction in thinking about how we killed Saddam when a story about 9/11 victims families being done wrong is brought up. To me, that seems like an odd place for one's mind to go after reading this story. These people deserve to see information regarding the murder of their family members, and in a free society where people are elected to represent the populace, this shouldn't even be a discussion .. let alone a court case.

It's nothing new though. www.historycommons.org...

And let's not forget the person we should all be talking about and demanding to hear, Sibel Dinez Edmonds. sirdave.com...

If I reposted this comment 1,000,000 times, it still wouldn't be 1,000,000 pages of information. Think about how many pages this thread would get to. 1,000,000 pages of information. I believe a Bible to be around 1500 pages.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by RomanMaroni]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I hope they get those documents out,I am sure the government's lawyers will make another offer for a out of court settlement as a trail date comes closer.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i just hope the three families continue to fight and do not settle because this is an opportunity to uncover some of the things that really did happen that day...it is obvious these documents have something or they would be out there for the public or at least these families am i right!?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
National Security = Reason to Screw Your Own People.

new topics

top topics

join