It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reverse" Racism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
(I am going to ask the people who are blatant racists of the white variety to please restrain themselves to the topic at hand and avoid being inflammatory. Try.)

In some of the topics I research I have been running into some very interesting ideas being promoted in the black community in the US and in Africa. About white people.

I am just astounded when I run across them. I want to know how prevalent these beliefs are.

Caucasians are Albinos. Caucasians lack melanin. Caucasians pineal glands are dysfunctional. Melatonin lets people be peaceful and loving and caucasians are deficient in it. I mean, I think I've been running into variations of this topic for several years now.

The blatant racism is quite interesting in some ways, in that the people saying it seem not to be aware of their own racism. If I said that THAT black guy did XYZ, and therefore some black guy in ABC 15000 km away was an obviously deficient human being I am pretty sure people would think that was racist. But it seems that if you are white, you hold the blame for all manner of things that you probably never had anything to do with. Based merely on being white.

There is the idea that white are mutants. (everyone is a mutant unless you are a direct close relative of the CRS). Constant refrains about the "lies" of white anthropology and history showing that humans came from somewhere in Europe. Honestly, I have only ever seen credible history/anthropology and the out of africa theory. Where does this idea come from that all the modern white academics are saying something else?

do you think this is a real phenomena? Is there a group of misinformation agents targeting specifically blacks to stir the pot?

[edit on 2009/3/25 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Seems like we'll be seeing quite a rise in 'Kick a Ginger days' in the near future.

Will the Gingers rise and fight back, as in the original South Park episode?

edit to add im completely kidding.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Look at it for what it is.

Certain parts of society have learned from previous generations mistakes in allowing racist values to be tolerated.

Previous generations who suffered victimisation have learned the very thing that originally created the cycle and will now commit the same mistake certain parts of society have already learned.

The result in the future will eventually be certain parts of society will learn from previous generations mistakes in allowing racist values to be tolerated.

Its a circle that goes around and comes around.

It takes two to tango if you want to fix something not chasing each others tails.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You are aren't going to go anywhere pretending that it doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well... categorizing "whites" and "blacks" into 2 solid categories is being racist anyways. white can refer to asians, europeans, south africans, the list goes on and on, and white isnt the color of people, people are actually more beige or tan.

I know for me, im considered white... but I am jewish of mediterranean descent and im not the same skin tone or texture as a white person from say, ireland.

Just like there are blacks in india, people who have much darker skin than many africans.. but they arent considered black?

I really dont understand how you can lump everyone into the basic category of white or black, so all those theories about blacks and whites have no relevance at all

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
One of these contentions is about melatonin. Melatonin and melanin being interconnected for this argument.

So I'm looking this up to see what the basis of this is, and how muc of it might be based on something interesting.

It looks to me that caucasians are more responsive to melatonin than Asians or Africans. (don't know about Australoids). Light coloured eyes are the most sensitive to light suppression of melatonin.

Probably because of the differences in the amount of light received in elongated cooler seasons and the angle of the light on the Globe.

Now this effect isn't all over the world. But caucasians show up an unusual amount of divergence that is hard to account for. The amount of divergence amoungst Europeans is something you would expect to find over a far greater period of time than can be accounted for by the current pure OOA theory as it is currently.

(I personally currently account for this by assuming that the tribes that moved into Europe absorbed the other humanoid species that had been in the area. Just my personal theory.)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
Well... categorizing "whites" and "blacks" into 2 solid categories is being racist anyways. white can refer to asians, europeans, south africans, the list goes on and on, and white isnt the color of people, people are actually more beige or tan.

I know for me, im considered white... but I am jewish of mediterranean descent and im not the same skin tone or texture as a white person from say, ireland.

Just like there are blacks in india, people who have much darker skin than many africans.. but they arent considered black?

I really dont understand how you can lump everyone into the basic category of white or black, so all those theories about blacks and whites have no relevance at all

The people who came out of Northern Africa, Asia aren't white. They aren't black either.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
[edit on 25-3-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes, I know, that is why you cant categorize any skin colors as being one color.

Everyone has different melatonin levels..

Many middle easterners have green eyes and darker skin.. green eyes are light and yet they live in some of the harshest climates on earth, so how are lighter eyes more sensitive in that case?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, I know, that is why you cant categorize any skin colors as being one color.

Everyone has different melatonin levels..

Many middle easterners have green eyes and darker skin.. green eyes are light and yet they live in some of the harshest climates on earth, so how are lighter eyes more sensitive in that case?

(cough)....historically speaking, having taken a whole shwack of Europeans for slaves and "concubines" into the area MIGHT have something to do with that.....

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
that didnt answer my question.

their eyes are not sensitive to light, and their skin is not sensitive to heat and harsh climates... so how can you say your facts about light eyes and non-black skin?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

their eyes are not sensitive to light, and their skin is not sensitive to heat and harsh climates... so how can you say your facts about light eyes and non-black skin?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've heard the term 'reverse racism' several times now and I still don't get it. Surely you're not suggesting that only whites can hold racist beliefs and any other culture holding ill-opinions of whites are 'reverse racists'. That would be incredibly racist in and of itself.

And anyone hating their own race (it happens. I know an asian guy who really doesn't like his asian heritage at all)....well that's still plain old racism, isn't it?

I really have no idea what 'reverse racism' could be refering to. Did I miss something in the OP? Be well.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

They have European White ancestors. Enough of them have those ancestors that there is a high incidence of the gene being found in both parents.

Their eyes will be more suspectible to the melatonin suppressive effects of light.

I think you may be mixing melanin and melatonin. Related but different things doing different things in the body.

edit to add:
www.newswise.com...

Just as a starting basis from where you can start researching this from if it interests you.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Static Sky
I've heard the term 'reverse racism' several times now and I still don't get it. Surely you're not suggesting that only whites can hold racist beliefs and any other culture holding ill-opinions of whites are 'reverse racists'. That would be incredibly racist in and of itself.

And anyone hating their own race (it happens. I know an asian guy who really doesn't like his asian heritage at all)....well that's still plain old racism, isn't it?

I really have no idea what 'reverse racism' could be refering to. Did I miss something in the OP? Be well.

That is why I put the "reverse" into quotations. While I may think that racism is racism is racism, in popular culture people understand it differently. I've noticed that people are more likely to understand something if you don't introduce too many "new" concepts that challenge them all at once. So I use common vernacular.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The people who came out of Northern Africa, Asia aren't white. They aren't black either.

People who are from eastern Asia are closer to the color white than Europeans are to see for yourself just pull out a piece of chalk.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Caucasians are not Albinos. Caucasians have melanin just small amounts which is more of a tan colour if you mean Europeans; however there are more than just Europeans in the Caucasian group Iranians & Indians are also Caucasian therefore your wrong.

Albinos have no melanin are they come in all races you can have Saharan-african, Subsharan-african, Oriental, Indian, Arabian, Berber, Native Americans, Polynesians, Caucasian, Australian Aborigine, etc Albinos.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
reply to post by Aeons

Caucasians are not Albinos. Caucasians have melanin just small amounts which is more of a tan colour if you mean Europeans; however there are more than just Europeans in the Caucasian group Iranians & Indians are also Caucasian therefore your wrong.

Albinos have no melanin are they come in all races you can have Saharan-african, Subsharan-african, Oriental, Indian, Arabian, Berber, Native Americans, Polynesians, Caucasian, Australian Aborigine, etc Albinos.

I know that the people from the SubContinent and some in the Middle East are Caucasians. The Irish and the Bangladeshi share something like 30% of their genes, and gaelic/ogam and Bangla are impressively similar.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc

Originally posted by Aeons

People who are from eastern Asia are closer to the color white than Europeans are to see for yourself just pull out a piece of chalk.

Some are, and some aren't. Caucasoids were pretty spread out, and I'm sure that they've left their mark in a number of areas. Japanese "red haired demon women" come to mind as a people who seem to remember pissing off a ginger at some point.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I thought I should expand on that. The contention that Asians and Northern Africans are "white" is one of the things that is being attacked in these publications/sites. That Asians, Indians, Native Americans, are white is considered a plot by the white/whitish people to normalize their abnormality and seperate what is obviously people from Africa from the African black and their rightful history.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join