It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the year the people are going to stand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We are all witnessing an era of economic troubles, which seem more and more unsolvable. We the people have long chosen to ignore the acts of greedy corporates, as long as we could make ends meet.
But now it seems that life is becoming harder for more and more people and anger is starting to show. Royal Bank of Scotland and AIG employees are getting attacked, homes vandalized and receive death threats:

edition.cnn.com...

A statement issued to media organizations including the Press Association after the attack said: "We are angry that rich people, like him, are paying themselves a huge amount of money and living in luxury, while ordinary people are made unemployed, destitute and homeless. ...

Who wouldnt be angry, losing hard earned earnign and pensions and see the corporates allowing themselves retirement pensions of $1million for life?
Or that the money us taxpayers are giving to the failing corporates is used to fund their greed in form of unjust bonuses, while at the same time thousands are losing their jobs?

A single million bucks can put 10 people in work for a year!! Corporations must do their bit for the people they are ripping off anyways!

I expect more news like this. I do not want anyone hurt but I want justice.

Could this be the year we stand up?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I truly HOPE that this is the year that we stand up.
Confrontation of some kind cannot be avoided, but if we're able to get a multitude of people from all walks of life to UNITE and scream it at the top of their lungs, I think that we can affect some serious change in this country. If we don't do something soon we're as good as dead as far as i'm concerned, I refuse to be a slave to some faceless nameless entity.
I'll be doing my part this summer by taking part in any protests and/or rallies that I can here in Phoenix.
Thanks for the thought provoking post!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Nope. As long as the media keeps playing it's cards right, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well, I think some people are beginning to wake up. It is obvious by the actions of the likes of AIG that they have no real concern for the country. All they want is that 250,000 dollar bonus they were promised. Now, that the truth has caught up to them, as it always does, they are screaming bloody murder.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Go ahead friends and stand up. Play right into their hands and then get ready to fall straight into tyranny.

Here is a suggestion, friends: fight these SOB's with education first. Yeah, most people on here with a brain knows what is going on in the world...but average people do not and that needs to change.

So before people start talking about confronting the SOB's who did this to their country, I think people first need to start talking about education of the general population.

At the very least, fighting these people with education and NOT violence is not going to justify labeling all of you people domestic terrorists and martial law being declared.

There's an awakening happening folks...more people are starting to see the true flaws of this system now than ever...trust me folks, if we take the path of education over violence then we will prevail. Violence or anything related to violence will just open a Pandora's Box and will lead us down a very bad road.

Sorry for the rant, I'm done.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
Nope. As long as the media keeps playing it's cards right, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I actually think that the media is trying to incite something. Listen to their language when they casually talk about AIG and other crooks on the news.

They still take that passive-aggressive tone, but they always seem to be using language that would incite even more anger. I don't know, just a thought but I think they're trying to get people's gears grinded.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If they continue to keep pushing every button... this very well could be the year people take to the streets. We know governments have been preparing for an uprising. These staged financial insults could very well be bait, once we give them an excuse to enact martial law, they can speed up their push for more consolidation of wealth and resources. i.e. in the U.S. the North American Union and joint currency is just waiting on the shelf for the right conditions to be introduced.

Now that i think of it, the latest on going drug mob violence in Mexico could be a part of the master plan. One more problem to elicit a reaction to sell us on their solution.

Just more evidence that we live in a Plutocracy and not a Democracy.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Cannot see the wet fishes in society in the west standing upto the monsters above us.

The americans are worst, and i thought i was yellow as they say. Americans do not care about anything, they just sit there while the media loves it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

What would you like to see as in "people standing up?"

Could it be enough people join hand in hand to surround D.C, without any sort of violence? Create a ring?

How else would you propose people stand up?

Shall we all decide not to buy groceries on certain days, not pay any bills for a day, not buy gas for a day?

It's easier said than done, and while I appreciate your thread, what are you proposing, yourself for a line of action?

From a seed grows a tree!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Is this the year the people are going to stand/
reply to post by TheOracle

A few people may stand up and protest. The past American presidential election was a protest of sorts.

If a grassroots movement actually start to gain momentum look for another 911 style event to detract from the movement and change the consiousness to uberpatriotism once again.

Mass manipulation is very easy when the PTB own and control everything the pleabians depend on for their livelyhood.

Yes I have read Vonnegut and Huxley and Orwell....

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
We are all witnessing an era of economic troubles, which seem more and more unsolvable. We the people have long chosen to ignore the acts of greedy corporates, as long as we could make ends meet.
But now it seems that life is becoming harder for more and more people and anger is starting to show. Royal Bank of Scotland and AIG employees are getting attacked, homes vandalized and receive death threats:

edition.cnn.com...

A statement issued to media organizations including the Press Association after the attack said: "We are angry that rich people, like him, are paying themselves a huge amount of money and living in luxury, while ordinary people are made unemployed, destitute and homeless. ...

Who wouldnt be angry, losing hard earned earnign and pensions and see the corporates allowing themselves retirement pensions of $1million for life?
Or that the money us taxpayers are giving to the failing corporates is used to fund their greed in form of unjust bonuses, while at the same time thousands are losing their jobs?

A single million bucks can put 10 people in work for a year!! Corporations must do their bit for the people they are ripping off anyways!

I expect more news like this. I do not want anyone hurt but I want justice.

Could this be the year we stand up?

Hiya:

I don't know if you have heard of the youtube aodscarecrow (Max Igan). But this guy has compiled many videos on conspiracies, and taking a stand on global issues as well. I'm going to embed one of his short videos here, but he has many interesting videos that he has taken time to compile and make.

There are many people that have subscribed to his site in an attempt to fight back.

Hope you enjoy the link!

Tu Amigo,

Onehappyangel

[edit on 29-3-2009 by onehappyangel]

top topics

join