It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the Military make me drink?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I used to work as an orderly in the X-Ray dept at a city hospital and what you describe sounds a lot like barium in solution, used as a contrast material. They give it fruity flavors, but it doesn't hide its hideous texture. I don't know why you would be required to drink it 3 times a day. That part doesn't make sense.

As to Air Force training -- try jungle training in Panama for two weeks. No sleep, little food, constantly moving around in 100 degree weather with near 100 percent humidity. You often feel like you're gonna suffocate, not to mention the aggravated case of crotch rot, your feet always being wet and sore and a constant barrage of insects and other indigenous jungle life forms trying to enter your body through every orifice.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yet, you said you enlisted just after 9/11. Out of patriotism?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calmbutwary

At the time yes, Patriotism. After the shock and awe of 9/11 wore off and the real culprits were exposed I was thankful that I had not been successfully duped into killing innocent human beings. If you were, then I am sorry. Hopefully the most high will have mercy on you.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReagrahamLincool
At the time yes, Patriotism. After the shock and awe of 9/11 wore off and the real culprits were exposed I was thankful that I had not been successfully duped into killing innocent human beings. If you were, then I am sorry. Hopefully the most high will have mercy on you.

Duped into killing innocent human beings? Sorry, must be some other AF you're talking about. We just kill the enemy.

We had the same water requirement in 1983 when I went thru AF Basic. It was no big deal.

I asked the guys in my section that have enlisted since 9/11 and no one said they drank anything other than water or milk, tea, soda, etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

www.iraqbodycount.org...

believe whatever you like.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

www.iraqbodycount.org...

believe whatever you like.

Right back atcha, tough guy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ReagrahamLincool

It was high dosage flouride, and calcium. Remember ilitary boot camp is basic tear down and rebuild mind control.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
2 1/2 weeks of AF training was brutal for you?

WOW

Now now, be polite. For someone not expecting it, they could consider it very tough. Maybe he just wasn't very physically active. Good thing he didn't sign up for something really hard.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by calmbutwary
Sorry, I don't believe you. Good try though. I went through basic training, but I know that we were only given WATER. It was a pain to have to drink the 3 glasses, but I did it.
Now, if you had completed basic and gone on to have a career, we could maybe discuss the strange pills we were given on our way to Desert Shield, all the shots we had to have and my subsequent miscarriage the following year.

Could these pills be some sort of salt tablet to retain water in the desert? The shots being given to stop some sort of disease the troops were not used to? If i was forced to take something like you all are talking about i'd be finding out what it was i was ingesting into my body..

salt tablet info.

A question from me.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

There was some funky pills that were being given out during Desert Storm. I tossed mine in the trash, but I know guys had funny after-affects after they took them. They sure weren't salt tabs (can't remember the last time they were given out).

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

were they some sort or Motion sickness pill? Just stikes me as very odd given pills and not knowing what they are. What kind of strange affect did they have on some of the people?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

We were told they were for chemical warfare protection. Guys said they had headaches, blurred vision, things long those lines. Some said that they had to sign waivers that they wouldn't sue after taking them. I never saw that, but heard about it prior to getting tabs, so that's why I tossed them.

And they weren't those P-tabs they do give out for exposure, either.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
this thread interests me. I thought about joining a branch of the military at one point but some real life stuff happened and I heard about people getting shots and being fed unknown pills and the such, like what has been discussed above. My question is are there any other veterans out there that could share their story also?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
this thread interests me. I thought about joining a branch of the military at one point but some real life stuff happened and I heard about people getting shots and being fed unknown pills and the such, like what has been discussed above. My question is are there any other veterans out there that could share their story also?

Dude, I've been in for 26 years. The only unknown thing I've ever been fed was in the chowline.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

looks like a "dud" of a topic. did you have a nice discussion with yourself on that thread?

maybe the air force doesn't kill innocent people in your made up reality world, but thanks to independent reporters and eye witness accounts we have proof that it very well has and does.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by ReagrahamLincool]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

looks like a "dud" of a topic. did you have a nice discussion with yourself on that thread?

Did you actually read the sources in that thread, or just blow it off? Of course it's not going to get much play with the anti-war segment of ATS, it sort of shoots down (no pun intended) their claims of casualities in the war?

maybe the air force doesn't kill innocent people in your made up reality world, but thanks to independent reporters and eye witness accounts we have proof that it very well has and does.

Oh, you're basing your 2.5 WEEKS in the Air Force to my 26 YEARS? How much combat have you actually seen, not counting Call to Duty on the Xbox? Ever been deployed? Flown how many combat missions?

That's what I thought.

So, before you begin to attempt to school me on what a war is like, you might want just step back a bit. You are definately a no-go at this station.

Have a fine AFSOC day. Now move out and draw fire.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by jerico65]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

There was some funky pills that were being given out during Desert Storm. I tossed mine in the trash, but I know guys had funny after-affects after they took them. They sure weren't salt tabs (can't remember the last time they were given out).

you were forced to eat whatever was in the chowline, but you were offered something... maybe not forced to take them but something unknown to you.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Other than that crap during the First Gulf War, I never had any problems like that. I've always been told up front what I was being given.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Who enjoys folding underwear in six inch squares. Living with 50 guys that smell like butt. Eating crappy food, showering with a bunch of naked 5th generation inbred hicks, sleeping on crappy mattresses, being paid pennies, having to buy all of your required crap with your own pennies, while being trained to be a good slave who keeps his mouth shut and knows how to take orders. Good luck with that life. Mine's been blessed ever since I was lucky enough to be discharged.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If I had aided in taking the life of someone in anyway I would stfu.

I am not impressed wih your 26 years of service.

You Fail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join