It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collapse in U.S. Inventories & Stockpiles!!! **Video**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
For the first time in fifty years, we are seeing the emergence of a global agricultural market driven by the growing demand for grains and a scarcity of supply. Wheat inventories, for example, have reached a 30-year low.

Rueters 03-19-2009 Food Shortage + Finanaical Crisis = Bleak Outlook Food shortage + financial crisis = bleak outlook-The global economic meltdown has the World Bank on high alert.

As the financial crisis deepens, the World Bank is issuing even bleaker warnings about rising poverty and hunger in the developing world. Initially, it estimated that 46 million people in developing countries could be pushed into poverty. Now, that level is up another 7 million.

For decades, the industrialized world has enjoyed the luxury of producing far more milk, butter and rice and wheat than its citizens could consume. Some experts expect this luxury has now come to an end.

California, the worlds largest producer of produce is facing a third year of "drought" conditions...excerbated by the giant sucking sound of water sent down to Southern Californa. Many farmers will not plant this year as they have already had their water supply's reduced.

Small farmers are being targeted with the new legislation. The bill says it applies to "any food establishment" or "any farm." HR 875
Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 (sponsored by Rosa DeLauro whose husband Stanley Greenburg works for Monsanto) Source
....and the giant corporation Monsanto continues to persecute small farmers with lawsuits done in NWO style.

Some are saying that since the world economy has contracted, shrinking stockpiles are just a correction process. That may be, but unless the economies recover, there will be a continuing decline in inventories.

Are the TPTB going to use the food shortages to govern the masses?

The collapse in U.S. inventories indicates the economy is laying the foundation for a return to growth this year.
Stockpiles of long-lasting factory goods declined...

www.bloomberg.com...

Experts: Global Food Shortages Could ‘Continue for Decades'
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Global inventories of grains are nearing historic lows, while twenty percent of the U.S. corn crop this coming year will be used for ethanol production. Meanwhile wheat, rice and soybean prices have reached all-time highs and corn prices have jumped to a 12-year high.

Demand for grain continues to increase adding upward pressure on the price of agricultural products. We expect this trend to continue.

[edit on 03-25-2009 by burntheships to add additional source; fix link]

[edit on 25-3-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great post!!!
This is indeed frightening, as controlling the food supplies would indeed be the most efficient and effective way in which to govern us.
Love your master, or go hungry.
The possibility is unnerving to say the least.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Being that food and water are the number one needs for survival of any species, controlling the food supply is the easiest way to control a population. This has been portrayed in many NWO/Apocalypse type movies over the years.

If you check out the survival forums the top item on every survivalist's list is food. Stockpile food!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Um, your food supply can only be controlled if YOU let it. Start a backyard garden, learn to hunt and trap. Learn how to identify and prepare naturally occuring foods. Learn how to collect and purify water.

Funny thing is that for millions of years, humans survived and thrived without a "Food supply" or grocery store. If required, I could provide all of the food and water for my family of 4 without ever visiting a store!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Agreed, stockpile food for sure!
It wouldn't be all that hard to grow an herb/veggie garden to supplement any supplies stockpiled either.....which has also been mentioned in countless threads on the survival forum.
I just worry about the possible confiscation and/or destruction of all food supplies. That would obviously present a huge problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
I just worry about the possible confiscation and/or destruction of all food supplies. That would obviously present a huge problem.

Yes, a HUGE problem... for them, not for us! Some may let them take away their freedom but I am certain that the compost will most certainly hit the fan if police or military were to come into your yard and rip out your garden.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yes, a HUGE problem... for them, not for us! Some may let them take away their freedom but I am certain that the compost will most certainly hit the fan if police or military were to come into your yard and rip out your garden.

Kudos! I am all for educating and encouraging self sustainment! That is why this is posted. However, I do think we will reach critical mass at some time in the near future...some are still asleep at the wheel. We can wake them up!
However,we must also realize that the time to freely purchase what we want is growing short!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

food staples are one part
the other part of your OP is about factory goods, incl durable goods...

The collapse in U.S. inventories indicates the economy is laying the foundation for a return to growth this year.
Stockpiles of long-lasting factory goods declined...

www.bloomberg.com...

i, the cynic & pessimest, say that the idea of the bloomberg report of
a 2nd quarter recovery ~ to as to replenish inventories ~ is a
Pollyanna outlook at best.

inventory, and the cut-back or the entire ceasing of factory production
is because the manufacturers do not foresee demand...by foreign or domestic buyers.
Banks are lending & extending credit to those whose payroll positions are likely to continue -> think of the Civil Servants in Local, State, Fed. gov't.

Banks will continue some loans to the likes of people that got their million dollar bonuses from Bailouts, TARP, TALF, or Fed 'Facilities'...

but, the commoner with a better than likely chance of losing their job
will not qualify for any loan or credit from the banks to purchase all those big-box & durable-goods which are no longer being manufactureed on a daily basis. & thus causing the inventory to decrease below the pumped-up economy models that were artifically high anyhow.

the SPIN is in..... as for food supply, we will all accomodate & adjust,

consider that sawdust was mixed into rye bread dough so that many could eat bread... less nutritious but still filling,
the Raman Noodle with a heavy dose of spices might well become a daily meal staple for all us commoners...
since we never had those several years of guaranteed work & bonuses
as the financial sector people are now enjoying,,, so they can insulate themselves from the coming hardships that the unfortunate among us are destined to suffer.

accept the mark & thrive or become a resident in exile

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by burntheships

consider that sawdust was mixed into rye bread dough so that many could eat bread... less nutritious but still filling,
the Raman Noodle with a heavy dose of spices might well become a daily meal staple for all us commoners...
since we never had those several years of guaranteed work & bonuses
as the financial sector people are now enjoying,,, so they can insulate themselves from the coming hardships that the unfortunate among us are destined to suffer.

accept the mark & thrive or become a resident in exile

What a few very powerful people have done to masses of meek will be someday weighed...they will pay someday. For now...all we can do is prepare...and spread the word.

This is a link to an excellent video of Jim Rodgers taking about the coming food crisis. This is going to be a real problem!

By the way, this is an awsome video...Jim Rogers confronts Geithner!

www.thefinancialtube.com...

www.dailynewscaster.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships[/

This is a link to an excellent video of Jim Rodgers taking about the coming food crisis. This is going to be a real problem!

By the way, this is an awsome video...Jim Rogers confronts Geithner!

www.thefinancialtube.com...

www.dailynewscaster.com...

thanks for screening the links...

i watched/listened to the 1st one...Rogers is saying to get involved with (buying, owning...) farming 'products'... not just the farm 'commodities'
for the next 10 or 20 years-
as he sees todays brokers switching to driving cabs, or better in his estimate driving Tractors

i think i get his drift

thanks,

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

“I am going to make a lot more money in agriculture than I am in gold or any stocks on the board. I know the inventories of food are the lowest they have been in fifty years. Farmers cannot produce anymore. There is a shortage of tractors, tractor tires, seed, fertilizer. There is a shortage of farmers.” Rogers warns.

“We are going to have an inflationary nightmare. Throughout history whenever people have printed a lot of money, six months, a year later you have terrible inflation. May I repeat again. May I urge you to buy some agricultural products.” Rogers continues, “Massive inflation is coming and the only way to protect yourself is to be out of paper assets and into real assets.”

jimrogers1.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We do not need to look far to see that there is lurking a more sinister plan...not for benefit to the common man. I came across this recently...an article on man made famine, and whom might be in the making???

A man-made famineThere are many causes behind the world food crisis, but one chief villain: World Bank head, Robert Zoellick

For anyone who understands the current food crisis, it is hard to listen to the head of the World Bank, Robert Zoellick, without gagging.

Earlier this week, Zoellick waxed apocalyptic about the consequences of the global surge in prices, arguing that free trade had become a humanitarian necessity, to ensure that poor people had enough to eat. The current wave of food riots has already claimed the prime minister of Haiti, and there have been protests around the world, from Mexico, to Egypt, to India.

The reason for the price rise is perfect storm of high oil prices, an increasing demand for meat in developing countries, poor harvests, population growth, financial speculation and biofuels. But prices have fluctuated before. The reason we're seeing such misery as a result of this particular spike has everything to do with Zoellick and his friends
Before he replaced Paul Wolfowitz at the World Bank, Zoellick was the US trade representative, their man at the World Trade Organisation. While there, he won a reputation as a tough and guileful negotiator, savvy with details and pushy with the neoconservative economic agenda: a technocrat with a knuckleduster.
His mission was to accelerate two decades of trade liberalisation in key strategic commodities for the United States, among them agriculture. Practically, this meant the removal of developing countries' ability to stockpile grain (food mountains interfere with the market), to create tariff barriers (ditto), and to support farmers (they ought to be able to compete on their own). This Zoellick did often, and enthusiastically.

www.guardian.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join