It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
It seems that a healthy respect for life is a bad thing in some parts.

How can you say that? As a fellow soldat I have to ask. If you have a healthy respect for life you should never have joined the marines.

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Since when does a baby ask to be aborted/murdered?

Since when does a baby ask to be born? Just saying.

I agree with right to choose, but I also have to agree that aborting because of an inconvenience is ridiculous as well, it should never be birth control, and only legal in extreme cases, rape being the obvious one. Then also if you're not able to raise a child you should not have them... but thats again too much government control... so I dont know the solution. All I know is that I know way too many friends who have babies at 15 and are now 19 and bitching about not having time to go out and party. I dont know what to think.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I feel for men in this situation, but I think it is fair to give the woman the choice because ultimately she is the one carrying the child to term.

I think sooner or later it will be scientifically possible for men to carry children, maybe then if the man and woman are in disagreement, the man can go ahead and get it transferred into his body. Problem solved. For the christians who would certainly freak out over that idea (they don't want compromise, just to control) going against the will of your god, look to the seahorse, another of your god's creations.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was just God's plan to stop that baby from being born. After all he does work in mysterious ways.

Perhaps all the pro-lifers should get together and pray for the abolition of abortion. If God agrees with you he will answer your prayers. If he doesn't answer them then it must be god's will and you should follow that.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya

I agree with right to choose, but I also have to agree that aborting because of an inconvenience is ridiculous as well, it should never be birth control, and only legal in extreme cases, rape being the obvious one. .

Just curious how you would go about enforcing this?

If the rapist got away could a woman still abort or would their need to be proof that it was rape?

What if the rapist fought the charge, would an abortion have to wait until a decision was made by the courts as to the guilt of the alleged rapist?

Essentially this idea that it's OK under the rape circumstance is hugely flawed as not only does it punish the victim further with questioning etc. it also validates abortion as an idea to those who are apparantley against it.

Until a child can breathe on its own it has no rights. Abortion isn't pretty and there is lots of tricky issues attached to it. But essentially it comes down to the rights of the individual and their own beliefs.

Abstinence is an absolute joke spouted by people who can't get laid. Any "Just say no" campaigns are bound for failure, education will always be more productive than encouraging ignorance.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I feel for men in this situation, but I think it is fair to give the woman the choice because ultimately she is the one carrying the child to term.

I think sooner or later it will be scientifically possible for men to carry children, maybe then if the man and woman are in disagreement, the man can go ahead and get it transferred into his body. Problem solved. For the christians who would certainly freak out over that idea (they don't want compromise, just to control) going against the will of your god, look to the seahorse, another of your god's creations.

Hey 27jd, glad to see you back, I am not against that and I know you think Christians are not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I like science a lot and your idea is not so far fetched, the artificial womb has been advancing and may just solve this issue

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

That would be a really cool option.

reply to post by Krahzeef

Any "Just say no" campaigns are bound for failure, education will always be more productive than encouraging ignorance.

Seriously, you’d think people in this thread would realize this with the studies I posted but apparently you’re an evil tactic user if someone reasonably puts down your argument. Lol. So I’d be careful with this crowd, they can’t stand common sense, makes them go on the defensive.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Cool, that's a surprise but it's refreshing to see. Science is very important, and if everybody in the world could just look past minor differences and work together we could solve many of our most pressing issues. If artificial wombs were created, unwanted children could be artificially incubated outside of a person completely. Kinda creepy, but the child lives and is still a product of a man and woman merging, not a clone. That raises some over-population issues, but again if everybody could work together we could advance in space travel to the point of colonizing Mars, whatever higher power exists has instilled a deep desire in mankind to expand outward. And to be clear I refer to Christians in this thread mainly because there are no other religious groups taking part in this debate. I do not agree with any organized religion, and i feel that what i described above would be alot easier to achieve without the division and hatred that religion seems to spawn on a wide scale and has through our history.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by skeptic1

I think that only one of those two have the ability to control the outcome of the other, without input from said entity. I believe that in MOST cases of abortion, the pregnancy could have been avoided.

Sure. And abortion is for the cases that don't come in under the MOST category.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Assuming I'm in the pro-choice camp, should I now post a video of an actual brutal murder with the victim cut up alive, and argue that had the murderer been aborted, the victim would have lived? That would be on the same level as you, only on the other side of the argument.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Voiceoftreason

No, but if there were murders going on and it was controversial (which all are) you might want to post it to show why its wrong.
MOST (at least 90%) of abortion are performed for the convenience of the woman.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Convenience often means she can't afford basic living costs like a home, food and medical.. having it could mean living in poverty. The word "convenience" implies she would rather have new shoes or the latest fashion.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Actually, I have been arguing that women who abort for the simple reason it's inconvient for them are murderers and I standby that statement as no one has provided a viable counter argument. And shall I quote your exact statement as to your use of the reference to others doing it as well?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

One word: adoption.
This is the seond line, aint it grand?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I have been arguing that women who abort for the simple reason it's inconvient for them are murderers

So you only consider it murder for some cases and not others? Just looking for clarification on this.

Murder as defined in common law countries, is the unlawful killing of another human being with intent (or malice aforethought), and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide. en.wikipedia.org...

(emphasis mine)

What is being aborted in most cases (the only cases I support) is not a human being, it has the potential to be one, just like sperm and an egg.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
After a long walk on the beach, I came to the conclusion that I will not let rapinbatsforfun chase me away from my own thread.

You, rapin, said that churches protest abortion and then abandon the mothers after they have them.

I said that churches give all sorts of money away, and can say that from personal experience.

You, rapin, said it was now somehow MY responsibility to go make a list to prove you wrong, that I was making broad claims.

Well, even the general knowledge question you attacked me about proved YOU wrong. (you know, the one where I said the vast majority of abortions were performed NOT because of rape or incest, or medical issues?)

So now, I am asking myself, where is that list of churches that would PROVE a majority of christians who support the pro-life movement also ABANDON single mothers who choose to keep the baby?

I gave you, and had no reason to, a very easy to find google list of churches that have charity programs...
Actually, I would think it HARDER to find a list of more than a few churches that don't.

So, after coming onto my thread, and deflecting truths, refusing to acknowledge truths, and attacking facets of the argument that I did not bring up....
You then call me a religious nut and "leave".

I would like to expose you for who you are, but I have neither the time, nor real reason for doing so.

But I will maintain this thread, if only to get the chance to point out just how ridiculous your posts are.

And I await that list you sourced when you attacked a group and made broad claims against them.

Good luck weaseling out of this one.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

sperm, requires an egg.
vice-versa for the egg.
they then require a womb.
if a woman basically doesn't abort it, that "fetus" has overwhelming odds of becoming a human being.

With the help of modern clinics, even babies not carried to term can survive outside the womb.

The same can not be said for seperate sperm and eggs, so your argument is HORRENDOUS, and has no logic.
You might argue that pro-lifers are extending the term baby, meaning human, to an early stage fetus, therefore breaking the defined meaning of the word. However, I don't think that adopting a phrase to use, as it is a fairly good point (see my logic about the baby surviving), makes the argument invalid.
I think it is deflection on your part, thats all.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Where did I call you a “religious nut”, please quote me, because it didn’t happen. I never left, I said I would no longer entertain your rants. Otherwise I’m here to stay.

I would like to expose you for who you are, but I have neither the time, nor real reason for doing so.

Then why do you keep blaming me for running away from your own thread? You couldn’t support your own claims so you went into tantrum mode, even scaring away another pro-lifer who put you on ignore. That’s not my fault, no matter how much lying to yourself about this makes you feel better.

But I will maintain this thread, if only to get the chance to point out just how ridiculous your posts are.

And I await that list you sourced when you attacked a group and made broad claims against them.

Good luck weaseling out of this one.

Out of what? Where did I say I had any such “list”? You said many churches protest abortion while helping mothers who do not abort, I said most do not, you said yes they do, I said prove it then with just one, you SAID you WOULD do so for me then you backed out and started ranting. You have not produced any evidence for those particular claims. You produced words placed into a search engine by you. That’s it.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

if a woman basically doesn't abort it, that "fetus" has overwhelming odds of becoming a human being.

That doesn't mean it will. That doesn't make it human. It is still not human. I was simply pointing this out AND the definition of murder.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Alright, I have to go now, there’s just a little too much crazy in here…

And you wonder why I have issues with religious people?
Congrats, you successfully took me out of this conversation so you don't have to support your argument.
]

Cheers, and I hope whatever is making you act so hostile ends soon so perhaps we can have a sane, mature, respectful conversation in the future.

edit: support to protest

Here you go.

And Why is a google list not enough evidence?
You DO know that charities stem from most churches, and that most charities support families, right?

YOU made a statement that is contrary to GENERAL KNOWLEDGE.

I even pointed out that it was not my job, but showed you how to use google.

Nice of me, huh?

So like I said, due to the fact that MY claim was general knowledge, could you support your claim, which is NOT general knowledge?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Where did I call you a “religious nut”, please quote me, because it didn’t happen. I never left, I said I would no longer entertain your rants.

lol, I know how you like to go back and edit.

These two posts alone show everyone you are a liar, and have not even read the thread.

You said this just one page ago...

Get real.

Edit to copy this and move to the next page.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jasonjnelson]

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join