It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support Abortion? Watch this video and please defend your decisions...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

You see, at that point you would have to argue that maybe our society is on too many different pages, as I would guess the instances where it had little to no effect were the direct result of the constant barrage of sex that assaults our youth.

And of course, if a woman was 4 months pregnant, and they could not c-sect and save the baby, and the mother was at risk? Well, that is a medical procedure to save the mother.
I would hope they would cremate the ashes and mourn their loss, and try again if possible.

Or adopt an unwanted baby.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Therefore the argument for abortion is even more drastically reduced.

You can't assume that unless you have the numbers to conclude this.

I found the most credible, up to date numbers. If you want to search for them in the US then be my guest. This thread called out all who support abortion, not just people in the US.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You see, at that point you would have to argue that maybe our society is on too many different pages, as I would guess the instances where it had little to no effect were the direct result of the constant barrage of sex that assaults our youth.

Then why do non-abstinence only programs work much better all over the world? That site also discusses this, have a look-see.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by riley

No, the 1% only includes abortions, not the day after pill. I think that site also has stats on the day after pill though. You're right, that probably does attribute to lower numbers, not just with rape, but in general.

It's also possible that only reported rapes are counted in these abortion statistics. Women might not want to deal with "who raped you" questions.. less than 10% of rapes go reported and less than 1% end in conviction (from memory I'm not sure of exact numbers) so it wouldn't surprise me if women just ticked the "convenience" box to get it out the way. Planned parenthood have also got in trouble for not reporting sexual abuse so obviously there are rape pregnancies that have not been reported in the stats. They're not going to want to talk about being raped if the abuser is in the waiting room paying the bill. I am extremily pro choice but thats pro choice.. women shouldn't be bullied into having abortions anymore than they should be bullied into not having them.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

That's true, another good point riley. Especially in the case of a young woman being sexually abused by a family member. I think it's fair to assume the numbers for both are higher (rape and incest), just not documented. I still don't consider that 7% to be a low number at all though. Those are a lot of women with real problems who deserved options, this can not be ignored by pro-lifers. Although I think all women deserve options.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I support abortion.

Besides, it would be more of a crime to bring a child into such a hellish world.

If anything, your saving the child from the day to day crap we all go through.

They'll never have to feel pain, sadness, anger.

Sounds good to me!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

How many healthy mothers are aborting healthy babies?
(I would like you to post linkage to support how many women having abortions fall under this category.)

You claim women with medical problems, dealing with issues of incest, or women who have been raped are extreme examples.

Could you cite some actual abortion studies that show abortions for such cases are really as infrequent as you claim?

Can you give tangible evidence that a decent percentage of churches that protest abortion help babies and mothers who decide to carry the pregnancy to term? Can you find any that support birth control and sexual education so pregnancy is avoided to begin with?

First, Church's don't usually combine a database with all other churches and second, if Church didn't give a dime that wouold have no bearing on the culpability of such a heinous act and third, why is it you people think Church should take care of this when if we didn't have so much taken from us already from the womb to tomb murder mills like planned parenthood, we could do more to help.

The fact is Abortion Doctors have murdered over 52 million real American people (babies) since 1973 A great many of these infants had their fully developed skulls crushed by so-called "doctors"
scientists registered the brain activity in the babies - aged between 25 and 45 weeks from conception - before, during and after nurses performed blood tests using a heel lance.

The results showed a surge of blood and oxygen in the sensory area of their brains, meaning the pain was processed in the higher levels of the brain, the implications of the findings are clear, saying there was a potential for pain experience to influence brain development.

The United States Congress has agreed and this torture, this asinine senseless murder and genocide must be ended. Roe vs Wade was a decision predicated on the basis of when life begins. Skeptic says there is no consensus as if Consensus has a bearing on what the truth is but Science now knows life begins at conception.

Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act tells it all
As of November 6th, 2006

Note that only 7 Democrats in the entire nation even stand behind legislation that would notify women, that when a doctor reaches in and crushes the skull of her baby with cold metal forcipes - the tiny baby DOES feel unbelievable pain, as this real, feeling, human being is being murdered...

Congressional Legislation

Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act
Bill # H.R.4420

Original Sponsor:
Christopher Smith (R-NJ 4th)

Cosponsor Total: 110
(last sponsor added 10/08/2004)
7 Democrats
103 Republicans

About This Legislation:
To ensure that women seeking an abortion are fully informed regarding the pain experienced by their unborn child.

Unborn children can experience pain, and they can certainly respond to touch from outside the womb. Any woman who has been blessed with carrying a baby in the second trimester can tell you this.

To address this issue, U.S. Christopher H. Smith [NJ] has introduced--with 63 cosponsors--the Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act (H.R.4420), which would require those who perform abortions on unborn children 20 weeks after fertilization to inform the woman seeking an abortion of the medical evidence that the unborn child feels pain--

a. through a verbal statement given by the abortion provider, and also

b. by providing a brochure--developed by the Department of Health and Human Services--that goes into more detail than the verbal statement on the medical evidence of pain experienced by an unborn child 20 weeks after fertilization

The bill would also ensure that the woman, if she chooses to continue with the abortion procedure after being given the medical information, has the option of choosing anesthesia for the child, so that the unborn child's pain is less severe.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

No, the 1% only includes abortions, not the day after pill. I think that site also has stats on the day after pill though. You're right, that probably does attribute to lower numbers, not just with rape, but in general.

That sounds like you're making excuses meanwhile Planned parent hood is guilty of actual coverups from rapes to incest and have been busted for it. These murder mills must stop

STOP THE KILLING DAMN IT

Luke 17:1-2

Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Planned Parenthood, the "abortion killing machine", is being sued for covering up a statutory rape in Ohio.

The rape happened to an innocent 13-year-old girl who was seduced by her 21-year-old soccer coach, who got her pregnant.

The rapist got caught... convicted... and he's serving a long prison sentence right now.

But before he got caught for the statutory rape, he forced the little girl to have an abortion at a local Planned Parenthood murder mill (to cover up his crime).

In direct violation of Ohio state laws, Planned Parenthood did not notify the little girl's parents that she was trying to get an abortion. Nor did they tell the authorities about this obvious statutory rape.

Attorneys are suing Planned Parenthood for covering up the statutory rape. Reportedly, this cover-up is something Planned Parenthood routinely does, all over the country.

Planned Parenthood knows that if they lose this lawsuit, other victims might sue them. And at some point, they might have to turn over all their records of abortions performed on underage girls. Incidentally, Planned Parenthood have more than 850 murder mills throughout the United States, and they murder approximately, 227,375 unborn babies in the most painful inhuman ways, each year
www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
I support abortion.

Besides, it would be more of a crime to bring a child into such a hellish world.

If anything, your saving the child from the day to day crap we all go through.

They'll never have to feel pain, sadness, anger.

Sounds good to me!

It's a wonder you haven't practiced what you preach and committed suicide then. If it sounds so damn good to die all that day to day crap you say life is full of. Back up your bravado by leading by example or don't advise others what your mother didn't have the wisdom to do for you in your opinion. It's never too late to stop having a crappy life.

Sounds like im being silly?

listen to yourself

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Aermacchi]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

And of course, if a woman was 4 months pregnant, and they could not c-sect and save the baby, and the mother was at risk? Well, that is a medical procedure to save the mother.
I would hope they would cremate the ashes and mourn their loss, and try again if possible.

Or adopt an unwanted baby.

What can be a bigger offense to children that someone deliberately snuffing out their lives for personal gain? A better job, a better car, or nicer house is no defense.

The first page of the New York Times article about the new "gene map" is quoted as saying that, "the human genome is a pearl, a model of high performance and reliability. Millions of times a year, egg genome meets sperm genome and the result is a human baby, its parts all in place, its brains a universe of love and meaning."(1) Combine this understanding with what we know from cloning experiments.

Scientific studies have shown that a cloned life cannot become anything but a genetic duplicate of the original, even at its earliest stages. It is set on a predetermined pathway of life from the moment of conception. It cannot have a different eye color. It cannot have a different hair color. It is a carbon copy in every physiological respect. We have only to read between the genetic lines to understand that this means life begins at conception.

Now apply this understanding to current abortion policy. In 1973, Justice Harry Blackmun is quoted from Roe v. Wade as saying, "We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins. When those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy, and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus, the judiciary, at this point in the development of man's knowledge, is not in a position to speculate."(2)

Clearly, today, that is no longer the case. We can now say with scientific certainty when life begins. It only requires getting this information into the hands of committed Christians who will tolerate the abomination of abortion no longer. Proponents of abortion must be made to listen to themselves. At a minimum, they must be forced to acknowledge that if they persist in their policies regarding abortion, then they must own up to murder.

No more sugarcoated terms like "viability" and "preembryo" should be permitted. If a child's life has no value as compared to the mother, at least force proponents of abortion to say so. Let's force them to have the intellectual integrity to stand behind their "choice" to kill the child. Let's no longer allow them to hide behind the veil of ignorance and technical terminology. If they must kill, let them be branded as murderers and nothing less

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi

That sounds like you're making excuses meanwhile Planned parent hood is guilty of actual coverups from rapes to incest and have been busted for it. These murder mills must stop

I beg your pardon? Don't use my words as springboard to your own soapbox.
You just took my entire post out of context and spun it your own which way to make it sound like I condone rapists bullying their victims into abortion. I already said I think there is a problem in regard to abortion coersion. The cure? For women to be given even MORE freedom. If an abortion councellor suspects sexual abuse they should be providing them with further support and should make sure the suspected rapist/abuser is not on the premises. If it is a child they should obviously be contacting the police and social workers. Alot of sexual abuse stems from the old idea that women are sexual "property" owned by men. Pro-life groups seem to have the same idea that women are somehow breeding property. Either way women are property.

How many abortions are the result of coersion or blackmail?

"If you have this baby I will leave you" is blackmailing women with poverty.. it is no small threat yet some pro-lifers accuse women of "selfishly murdering for convenience" when faced with this prospect. You think they're after new cars, dresses, make up or shoes? Come off it.. life is not that simple unless you're pointing the finger from a high place. No compassion at all.. if some men didn't threaten to cut n run there would be alot less abortions. How many pregnancies are the result of sexual coersion and bullying? Quite a few. If men took responsibilty for their OWN sperm there would be alot less abortions. Add that to the stats.

Quit trying to dictate to women what their rights should and shouldn't be.. you NEVER see pro-life sites dedicated to demonising men for causing unwanted pregnacies. Why is that? I'm not saying there should be but this subject ALWAYS denogrates into judgmental women bashing. Seems to me alot of prolifers are more interested in controlling women than actually saving babies.

Do the prolife sites promote pregnancy prevention? NO they don't. Says it all.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I beg your pardon? Don't use my words as springboard to your own soapbox.
You just took my entire post out of context and spun it your own which way to make it sound like I condone rapists bullying their victims into abortion. I already said I think there is a problem in regard to abortion coersion. The cure? For women to be given even MORE freedom. If an abortion councellor suspects sexual abuse they should be providing them with further support and should make sure the suspected rapist/abuser is not on the premises. If it is a child they should obviously be contacting the police and social workers. Alot of sexual abuse stems from the old idea that women are sexual "property" owned by men. Pro-life groups seem to have the same idea that women are somehow breeding property. Either way women are property.

How many abortions are the result of coersion or blackmail?

"If you have this baby I will leave you" is blackmailing women with poverty.. it is no small threat yet some pro-lifers accuse women of "selfishly murdering for convenience" when faced with this prospect. You think they're after new cars, dresses, make up or shoes? Come off it.. life is not that simple unless you're pointing the finger from a high place. No compassion at all.. if some men didn't threaten to cut n run there would be alot less abortions. How many pregnancies are the result of sexual coersion and bullying? Quite a few. If men took responsibilty for their OWN sperm there would be alot less abortions. Add that to the stats.

Quit trying to dictate to women what their rights should and shouldn't be.. you NEVER see pro-life sites dedicated to demonising men for causing unwanted pregnacies. Why is that? I'm not saying there should be but this subject ALWAYS denogrates into judgmental women bashing. Seems to me alot of prolifers are more interested in controlling women than actually saving babies.

Do the prolife sites promote pregnancy prevention? NO they don't. Says it all.

So you are sympathetic to woman and their right to choose murder because a evil guy has evil sperm he didn't get tied in a knot at his vas defrens so lets demonize men about abortion and jump back on RILEY's SOAP BOX! Sorry the altitude gets a little too thin and the bs too piled too high and too thick.

I get a little tired of seeing this over and over again that whenever a woman gets pregnant she is always a LOSER that can't get a job, lives a crappy life in a crappy house in a crappy world where anything that comes frm the womb of the 5o million woman who had their children murdered in this way, ALL of them were such losers the children would be better off dead than be forced to live with this kind of pathetic female. So pitiful are woman that NOW Riley wants to add a profile so weak and pathetic that she can't live without a man. Why she can't even tell a guy trying to get laid to "F" OFF ! when such a man "Coerced" her into having sex with her and if she didn't he would DUMP HER which would have been a blessing for her in that situation. Why do people that are pro choice continue to use arguments from the 60's as if they don't Vote can't speak, have no confidence and are held hostage to their men who are living with these stepford wives as abusive husbands or live in boyfriends who by all appearances live normal lives in ozzie and harriet land until the shame of child birth rears its ugly head and ooops another very weak very innocent very fragile baby human being DIES! Because she was RAPED or a loser! Or she was too pathetic to fend off the emotional sexual extortion some guy had over her because why? Again she was too weak too much of a loser to even consider putting another person in this world to share such a failed existence with a woman because as we have heard ad-nauseum ad- infinitum, abortion isn't a baby killed by a murderer.. NOOO it is a MERCY killing because it happened to be living in the womb of a woman and AGAIN it was a loser female who was raped and derserves to have the right to obstruct justice by doing everything to foul up a prosecution and then kills the star witness but has all the right stuff to fight in an almost juggernaut of a freight train mowing all men and the courts system down when it comes to standing up for there rights to kill. Oh yeah when it comes to that you see just how smart these woman are and how NO ONE is going to take their "RIGHT" to choose! NO MAN will beat them because what Riley and Batstherage would have us think is always these poor pathetic, weak minded poverty stricken woman are as an excuse to get that "Right" to kill, We see how the ones that are organized with their own lobby like a locomotive who seem to tell men where they can go at the drop of a hat and ya know,, I don't think The Big Guy upstairs could have gotten away with that virgin birth story without being convicted of rape while Baby Jesus would have died not nailed to a cross with a crown of thorns but nailed inside mary's womb across the neck with a scalpel when the very sins would have taught are the very same ones that bring about the very immorality that is at the heart of these babys being forced to die for those same sins and sinful nature.

Yeah Society has some real strange issues and think the best way to cure the world is by killing babies and calling Christians and Christianity the root of all evil. The best way to give woman a sense of strength and confidence is to CONSTANTLY remind them of how much a loser they are and brand it searing their conscience for the rest of their lives by talking about how pathetic they were they can't take responsibility for a thing they do because again THEY KEEP PICKING LOSER GUYS! I mean they just can't win and the proof of that is they were so much a total wreck their future such a lousy bet that we would rather die than be a part of their lives and they are so convinced of it they kill their own children.

BUT HOW DARE ANY MAN! TAKE THAT RIGHT FROM THEM!

Get real riley, woman don't want equal rights they want superior rights and from what I can see going on here, you can't have it both ways.

The fact is, MOST of the abortions that happen is because woman HAVE this right to kill them and this alleged doublespeak you spit out both sides of your mouth as them always being so pathetic has nothing to do with it. The days of the back alley abortion were sensationalized to high heaven and so is the loser female story.

My god if woman were this bad it is a wonder you would even be allowed to post a rebuttal much less get on a higher soap box than mine.

Rapsthebat you want proof here is what most of us use since you demand it but never offer your own. Do what WE do

More freedom? what for? According to you riley, woman haven't done a thing with the freedom they are given and are the same weak pathetic sex objects men have made them of them since the salem witch trials.

This argument was used in 1972 and one would think woman choosing abortion would have decreased as their civil rights were made equal and more tax dollars went to them and their kids but what do we see? MORE Abortions AND more single moms! How can this be! Well that is what happens when you give woman easy access to Divorce and a License to kill. Woman set the bar too low for the guys they choose in a day where instead of fixing things making marriage more serious to take it more serious and making sex more serious to take it more serious what do WE do! We make men pay for kids they never wanted for 18 years and other guys grief stricken to have their kids dye at the hands of there mother in a society that has no family values. A fatherless generation of self serving babyboomers who wanted drugs and sex and free open relationships unencumbered by having to raise children even when those children happen to happen. We see them get all they wanted from hippie to yuppie, from business to banking and power in politics while Christians have been told to shut up quit shoving your morals and your invisible man upstairs down our throats you stupid science dyslexic morons have been the cause of all evil and wars.

Now we have Record debts Record rapes Record abortions and record fatherless families and record wars in record time with trillions of borrowed money from a place we would never imagined we would be indebeted too in all the historical records of history and what do I still see happening well those same people sent their kids to a Godless Public school that teaches them to leave their brains at the door that we are all monkey's and God is a fairy tale, your parents are not your authority if they spank you you can sue them, don't worry about your future don't plan on one it ain't going to happen. Then we wonder why they are shooting everyone in class. We wonder why 7-9 years olds are killing their parents and why kids are being raped and that generation of teachers are all havng sex with kids in a school which mandates the curriculim be the pleasure of gay sex bi sex any kind of sex goes as long as we don't have to teach the bible and as long as we don't have to take responsibilty for it anylonger thanks to abortion!

WoW! isn't LIVING IN A SECULAR COUNTRY GRAND!

Somehow people have the nerve to ask what is the church doing about this.

This country is getting just what it deserves and it is going to take more than a house to fall on its head before people finally get it. Yeah we will keep doing it the Progressives way and lets see how great that is and you watch., eventually Ill bet Religion gets the blame for everyone of you peoples miserable lives.

I think if anyone is having their equal rights and their civil rights trampled on, it is those kids, being killed by woman who have such weak civil rights you suggest they have even more as if giving themn that license to kill

aint good enough

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
That would've really worked better in all caps.

Thankyou for that interesting piece of insight. I'm sure everyone who reads it will be all the better for it.

*walks away slowly*

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

That would've really worked better in all caps.

What, would have worked better riley? do you even know? Or are you just being a smart ass again.

*walks away slowly*

As long as she keeps walkin in that direction

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ease up on the abuse please. You don't have to agree with abortion but you don't have to fill your posts with misogynistic ravings.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ease up on the abuse please. You don't have to agree with abortion but you don't have to fill your posts with misogynistic ravings.

Hey I just wanted to know what it was that would have worked better in all caps. I guess you were just being what I thought you were being

I think your Activist feminism and militant atheist feminist pro gay pro choice liberalism makes up for any imagined hate you claim I have for woman. In fact it is what YOU say against woman as being pathetic losers and victims so misogynistic.

I love woman, I just hate babykillers with an agenda hiding behind woman using pathetic excuses and a truck load of lies

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have had to watch such videos on this site, yes.

And I have seen that in person.

But death in war is a two way street, so I say that your analogy is incorrect.

So.... if the fetus could fight back it'd be cool?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Angus123]

Is this all pro death people know how to do? Is find extreme consequences unrelated to anything else that has to do with this subject and assume because we don't agree with the murder of innocents that we think killing under other asinine conditions is all right?

The old Religion is the cause of all the wars and other human atrocities is a canard I would gladly prove wrong and that it was Countries where religion was NOT, where you will find the biggest genocides far exceeding any number of those you can falsely accuse in the religion is evil examples. In fact Planned Parenthood's biggest most profitable product, is not birth control, but Birth arrest. They arrest the natural progression of a birth that is already in progress, and they do this in what is surely the largest genocide of a people whose only wrong was to be in the most unsafe most dangerous place on the planet today,,

Their mothers womb

Wait... killing of innocents? So you're saying killing is kosher, so long as the victim isn't an "innocent." Okay. Define innocent, and then show me where that addendum appears on those stone tablets that start off thou shalt not kill.

I said what I mean and I mean what I say. what part of it do YOU not understand. According to the same law that says it's ok to kill people whose only crime is tresspassing in there mothers womb would be the same one that makes that a death sentence

I bet ya think yer reeeeal clever there eh homicide?

Thou shalt not commit murder

Of course I do. And that's why I just smile and joke and laugh with dogmatic blind people that stroke their morality in public as if they were some kind of mirror universe sex offender. LOL!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey we do horrible things to Cows and pigs and chickens as well. We do horrible things to calves for veal, and to Ducks and geese for pate. All of that seems inhumane to me, but i dont see you calling for a boycott on these practices....and they are done just for extra flavor while eating!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
To any woman who has had an abortion:

Wow, you are SO heroic.

Instead of sacrificing your life for the life of another human being (and in this particular case YOUR OWN CHILD), you instead chose to sacrfice another human being for your life.

Awesome. Good going. How unselfish of you.

(and for those who counter that abortion is better than bringing an unwanted child into this world, there are so many couples desiring to have a child...Adoption ring a bell?)
(and I am a woman who has dealt with pregnancy many times so I know the risks and difficulties involved...but the wonderful child born to you is worth every second)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Astarfaraway

Thanks ever so much. Nice to know that you think I should be dead.

That was the choice, either they removed the fetus and I survived or the fetus and I would have both died.

I have a couple of words I'd like to say to you, but I don't feel like getting banned today so .. how about you just mind your own business instead of deciding how other people should live or die.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join