It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can cops demand to take your photo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Can cops demand to take your photo?

www.worldnetdaily.com

Two years ago, a Pennsylvania man was thrown in jail for 160 days for refusing to allow police to take his picture.

A federal judge last week, however, ruled against local police and in favor of Gregory Bush, who was not charged with any crime on May 17, 2007, when a Lancaster, Pa., officer demanded to take the man's photo. Only after refusing to have his picture taken did the police subdue him, charge him with obstruction of justice and toss him in jail.

"When they first arrested me, I didn't even know why I was being arrested," Bush told Lancaster's Sunday News. "I kept thinking the charge would be dropped at the preliminary hearing. It was ridiculous; I didn't commit any crime."

Five months later, however, Bush was still in jail.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
wow. read the whole story.

they guy has spend 5 months for nothing. there are more drastic stories for sure. but every time you can remind the others how easly the police state we are living now (and I mean not only US but also EU) can change your life into the nightmare for any reason, just do it. and so I do.

it is incredible how weak we are alone in confrontation with the NWO forces. the question is, can we go together and fight back?

www.worldnetdaily.com

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

wow. read the whole story.

they guy has spend 5 months for nothing. there are more drastic stories for sure. but every time you can remind the others how easly the police state we are living now (and I mean not only US but also EU) can change your life into the nightmare for any reason, just do it. and so I do.

it is incredible how weak we are alone in confrontation with the NWO forces. the question is, can we go together and fight back?

www.worldnetdaily.com

This is another example of letting ignorance run your life. No matter what the scenario is, when you are dealing with a corporate policy enforcement officer, you must ALWAYS have a video camera with you recording. If they do not wish to be filmed, thats fine, simply turn the camera away from them, you have the right to record ANY conversation you are a part of, so they cannot tell you that it is against the law.

Recently a young man got out of some trouble with the video he recorded that showed the cops acting like the thugs they are.

For anyone interested in learning about law and why were all governed by our ignorance I wrote a 4 page post that recieved absolutely no attention from the short attention span of ATS cause I wasn't making an inane prediction about the end of the world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

you are absolutly right. I am not sure if they really would allow you to record it (u know, they have rights, we have only limits) but surely it is something we should be prepared to do and try it.

and I promise to read yours thread. even without the "world ending" parts

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Okay, the cops arrested him.

They didn't keep him in jail. A judge had to sentance him to stay in jail or be paroled. Obviousley he had broken some law or the Judge would have thrown in out 5 months ago.

If a mistake was made then I would be leaning towards blaming the Judge and not the Cops.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sad to say, yes i think they are allowed to take yuor pic, even under suspiscion...its called profiling... their bascially starting a profile of you.
It porb means, yuor about to take a rap for something you didnt do, or someone who looks like you or others have fingered you as a potential.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
well I am not blaming police for the 5 month jail he experienced. I would blame whole system which allows this to happen.

new topics

top topics

join