It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed customer kills robber at Burger King

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I think if you carry a concealed weapon, its usually not a good idea to pull it unless you see a threat to your life or the lives of others.

I'm sorry, but when some a**hole comes into a place of business waving a gun around, I would consider that a threat to my life and the lives of every other person in that room. That douche lost his right to life the minute he decided to rob the place at gunpoint.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Not to mention how much can you get robbing a Burger King.....

Score one for Concealed Weapon Permits. We should give that guy an Award.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As an intelligent and educated fellow human being I would ask myself:
What makes another human want to rob a fast-food restaurant?
Is it poverty? Is it to finance ones drug habits? How did the drugs habits start? Why would someone induce drugs into one self?

Start with the most fundamental, once you figured out what it is then you are heading to the right direction.

Arming people to the teeth isnt the solution.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
As an intelligent and educated fellow human being I would ask myself:
What makes another human want to rob a fast-food restaurant?
Is it poverty? Is it to finance ones drug habits? How did the drugs habits start? Why would someone induce drugs into one self?

Start with the most fundamental, once you figured out what it is then you are heading to the right direction.

Arming people to the teeth isnt the solution.

Does it really matter? Life is about choices. That person chose the path taken. No matter what, the choice to do wrong or right is yours and yours alone. Society has a hand in some of the wrongs in the world today, yes. But ultimately, each person is responsible for the choices they make and the path it has led them on. This guy chose to rob the place. That choice led to the end of his life. He didn't have to rob the place. That was a choice he made. He should have chosen a different path.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
If you pull a gun on an armed robber, aim for the head and shoot first.

Negative! Head shots, even at close range, are the most dangerous to attempt. This only increases the odds of a total miss, endangering others.

In a scenario such as this particular incident, the one who decides to "defend" themselves, or others around him has little time to react.
The line about the customer "eying" the assailant lends to the possibility that said customer was indeed "preparing" (perhaps getting a read on the robber)... If this indeed was what set the robber off, it only confirms my belief that he was under the influence, and would have perhaps injured/killed an innocent bystander or employee anyway.

To say the customer was foolish, can be debated from now until the end of time. It is not for any of us to judge however... He was there, we were not.

Times are getting harder...people are turning to violent means once again, for many reasons...money, drugs...whatever. I will say this, the more citizens that are armed, by shear odds reduce...yes REDUCE the likely-hood that innocent people will be harmed.
Proper training in handling a firearm is essential. So, no...guns aren't for everyone, but I enjoy my increased odds of survival...every time I holster up!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanzibar

Why you think that people should be able to commit armed robbery with impunity is beyond me, but I'll leave that for another discussion.

Not everyone who pulls a firearm out in a public place just wants some free money.

Here's just a couple of examples of why an armed citizen can be a guardian angel.

video.google.com...

media.www.dailylobo.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
I myself have a ccp, and drive a repo truck part time.
And ive only pulled my gun once.
My life was in danger.
Im not sure if id pull if it was someone elses, id maybe let the guy go, unless i knew he was gonna shoot.

Have you ever ran into one of those RPS guys they have been talking about here in Maryland? Reposession Protective Service officer? You can default on your car note and hire a RPS officer to keep repo'ers from taking your car till court dates settled. Pretty funny if the RPS officers and repo"er start tee"ing off at each other over default car,boats,etc... I guess a bad economy does provide job services for returning soldiers and retired cops by starting up a RPS services...? What a crazy country we live in.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by tsloan]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Great! If no one else was armed, then the robber would have gotten away with the money, after all, the police are generally present after a crime has been commited, not during. They respond and don't prevent. Kudos to this customer.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One could say, the situation had a potential for things going negatively. Therefore, the customer who was armed was acting in a fashion which was counter intuitive to conventional logic.

However, for me, the act of supposing what could have happened against what DID happen, is actually what's counter intuitive. Obviously the guy did something right, as he was the only one injured.

There's an old expression: heroes happen because someone made a mistake.

The customer obviously didn't do everything perfect, but you know what, the end of the day this violent felon will not threaten innocent life anymore. The citizen paid their dues, they don't need our stomping on their junk after the fact because of things that COULD have happened.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rlnochance

In all honesty Im suprised that its legal to allow an armed fellon to leave a place unmolested if you have the means to destroy him. Saves the tax payer a tit load if they never even get to trial.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is the way it needs to be.
If everyone carried firearms, then people would not even risk trying to do this in the first place.
Because they would know that 20 people in the restaurant would gun them down if they pulled out a gun and tried to rob it.
You want a solution to crime?
Everyone armed is a complete solution to crime.
Only morons and illogical brainwashed sheep cannot see this.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is one of my signatures, and it seems fitting after reading this thread:

"A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded."

Hindsight is 20/20. This incident can be couldda/wouldda/shouldda to death. A man with a CCW saw an armed man attempt to rob a Burger King. He did what he thought was right in that case. He was wounded in the shootout after killing the robber.

Good on the shooter. I think he DSAF = Done Society A Favor.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The money was already taken out of the removable cash drawer, he hit him in the head with it and shot him for NO reason! Can You Believe it??

[edit on 3/26/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Good, glad the idiot who tried to hold up a BK is dead. I just see it as one less idiot on this planet. It really is about time we thin the herd of idiots and useless humans on this planet.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Nope don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You can quote stats all you like...I legally carry whether other countries approve or not. That's the law in this land my friend.

I'd be interested in how many shootings in Toronto or Detroit are done with legal firearms. The law only stops law abiding citizens from having the option of defense. Thugs don't follow the law.

I'm not challenging your right to carry arms. And I'm not saying that thugs follow the law, or if bad guys do bad stuff with legal or illegal arms (most smuggled in from the US). I'm saying that for all of your legal guns, you guys still have exponentially huge numbers more gun killings than we do. Stats or not stats, there has to be a reason, and I'm asking you what you figure it might be. Like I said...It's not just our good manners.

Originally posted by griffinrl
And since a previous poster made a comparison of countries....well in another country you run the risk of getting your head cut off on a bus with a Bowie knife. If I'd have been on that bus things may have turned out different.

Uh-huh...this guy was barking mad. I think crazy happens in the States now and again as well. You want stats? There's 10 times as many of you than there is of us. A reasonable suggestion is that we are close enough societally that the ten-fold figure should be reflected accordingly....'cept in gun crime, funnily enough.

As to how you might have changed it? You'd be firing a handgun in a crowded bus? Cuz by the time you'd have gotten a safe shot away, he was already locked in, with the Queen's Cowboys comin' over the rise.
You wanna plink, get a beer can.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Theres an even easier thing most dont know about, its what i tell my friends who cant pay.
Its called the Repleven law.
Id go for that before i hired someone.
And if you can afford to hire someone, shouldnt you just make the payment????
It takes a few months, our shirts say "support your local repo man... miss three payments"
But youre right, this economy makes for strange bedfellows.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You don't think after a few incidents like these crooks would think twice before robbing places? I think it's great.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aLiiEn
This is the way it needs to be.
If everyone carried firearms, then people would not even risk trying to do this in the first place.Everyone armed is a complete solution to crime.
Only morons and illogical brainwashed sheep cannot see this.

Jeez, I hope you're being sarcastic here, because all you need to do...as I already posted...is look at the stats. Canada...UK...Australia...somewhat comparable societies, as opposed to the US.

Only sheep figure that guns fix everything. It's just cheaper to make people feel good about being held in thrall to the 'lesser classes' if they have the means to 'fight back'.

Better off getting a kid through school, but that's not near as glamorous, nor does it generate as many votes. This site is all about how we're being manipulated using fear. This whole gun issue is just another reflection of that.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck there has to be a reason, and I'm asking you what you figure it might be. Like I said...It's not just our good manners.

I've seen in my short time on this earth the sustained glorification of criminal culture in nearly all aspect of life. Works of fiction do it from music to movies to games. Peers do it by looking in awe upon the criminal for his short-lived rewards such as quick yet small financial gain, material gain, the inexplicable aphrodisiac criminality behaves as toward a lesser class (and simultaneously more common) of female.

It gets worse generation after generation due to criminal children birthing children of their own. Criminal "parents" arent and their children grow up in an environment even more rewarding of criminal behavior then they eventually have children. The problem grows exponentially as they are allowed to breed.

While all this is going on among mostly the lower economic rungs in high density populations the attraction in the forms of excitement, easy sex, petty rebellion spread to the suburban and even rural areas enticing those who would otherwise grow up quiet and, not to sound insulting, stagnant are now spreading crime and blight in their once peaceful areas.

Run this along side a systematic shunning of the "hero" figure in favor of more dark and violent "anti-heroes" and you get what we have today.

It'll get worse before it gets better. Thanks to decades of politicians buying votes the system is set up quite well to reward this behavior with subsidies for underage out of wedlock parents, school droup-outs, chronically unemployed, substance abusers, etc...

It doesnt help any that the "decent" folks living in these high density areas have been taught to be dependent on the "services" of police and the like to solve their problems rather than stand up and take control of their own lives and their own security.

The existence of guns have absolutely nothing to do with the problem. Just ask the UK how their knives are doing.

I dont think comparing countries or a nations per capita crimes is a fair comparison since wide expanses of a country are essentially empty of human beings. For instance, gun crime in my state is less than gun crime in the UK yet my state is flooded with guns and the gun toting. A better comparison would be cities of similar population densities. I'm pretty sure anwhere by maybe Singapore you'd find just about every city is a shthole and is such for the reasons I have mentioned: too many people in too small a space praising idiots and animals.

Just getting women to stop giving it up to morons would likely put a dent in moronic behavior.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join