It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed customer kills robber at Burger King

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Zanzibar
My thoughts are that the robber would have acted all tough, waved his gun around, got his money and left.

Or.....

Two men with criminal histories, one of whom, the police said, staged five terrifying gunpoint robberies at fast-food outlets in New York last year, were arrested yesterday and charged in the execution-style shootings of seven bound-and-gagged workers at a Wendy's restaurant in Queens.

www.nytimes.com...

That's a coin I'd rather not flip. Dead thug = good thing.

I believe this should be posted AGAIN so that all the retards in the world that think "Oh if I give them what they want, then they won't hurt me".
We do NOT live in a pretty world people. If the badguy can no longer operate in a "safe" stealing environment, they won't be nearly as likely to do it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
While the theif got what he deserved. The gun shooting customer was pretty stupid. He started an arguement with the theif that escalated into gunfire.

He got shot several times and for what? If he had stayed calm and level headed he could have easily had the upper hand in this situation. Instead he starts an arguement with the guy and that led to a shoot out.

Stupidity cancells out heroism.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
I carry and my wife does as well. That doesn't mean we have to draw down on thugs just because the law is on our side. That means we have the option of defending ourselves, family and friends if necessary.

So, do you think there's a relationship between the murder rate in the US and the fact that people can carry guns.

Look at the difference between Toronto and Detroit.

It's not just because we have good manners, you know.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You can quote stats all you like. That won't make me put my family in harms way. I legally carry whether other countries approve or not. That's the law in this land my friend.

I'd be interested in how many shootings in Toronto or Detroit are done with legal firearms. The law only stops law abiding citizens from having the option of defense. Thugs don't follow the law.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

How many people in Detroit have a Concealed Weapons Permit?

Of those that do, How many have used them in a crime?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I don't intend my response to seem antagonistic. But if I had no firearms and someone broke into my home and harmed my wife and/or 9 year old daughter I'd have to live with that. Just because someone own's firearms doesn't mean they are all ignorant, gun slinging morons.

Again...in THIS country it's the law. And my weapons are all completely legal.

And since a previous poster made a comparison of countries....well in another country you run the risk of getting your head cut off on a bus with a Bowie knife. If I'd have been on that bus things may have turned out different.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by jd140

I don't intend my response to seem antagonistic. But if I had no firearms and someone broke into my home and harmed my wife and/or 9 year old daughter I'd have to live with that. Just because someone own's firearms doesn't mean they are all ignorant, gun slinging morons.

Again...in THIS country it's the law. And my weapons are all completely legal.

And since a previous poster made a comparison of countries....well in another country you run the risk of getting your head cut off on a bus with a Bowie knife. If I'd have been on that bus things may have turned out different.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for being able to carry weapons. I just think this guy went about it in an ignorant way that could have gotten alot of people killed or injured.

I have a permit also, but I only carry when I take my bike on long trips. I don't stay in hotels, I pull over somewhere and unroll a sleeping bag for a few hours and then I'm off again. I sleep with it underneath the bag.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh I agree with you on that point. I was referring to the poster from up north. I'm not trying to be antagonistic just making a point. Also when I carry nobody knows...that's the point of concealment.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

To be honest with you. Anytime someone from a differant Country talks bad about how we do things, I usually ignore them. Its easy for some to tell us that not having weapons will lower our crime rate, opening our borders is the right thing to do or that we should legalize marajuana. It won't affect them, so I just ignore it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yes you're right...a slip up on my part
I live right outside of Little Rock, AR. At times the murder rate in our capitol rivals that of huge metro areas due to the fact that our capital has a lower population. It's slightly rural where I live and I have 4 acres of wooded land around my home. I keep a tactical shotgun with my when I work in the back 40 due to trespassers and snakes. Sometimes just the sight of a firearm is deterrant enough.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Let me share what happened here in Virginia Beach just last week. A 7-11 in a quiet upscale hood was robbed by 2 men concealing their id with black clothing and hoods. The clerk handed over the cash drawer, the men took the money, but then one of the men hit the clerk over the head with the drawer. And to topp it all off, one of the men as he was leaving, turned around and shot the clerk in the leg. So I guess the person who something like this has happened to, would be the best judge.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

My thoughts are that the robber would have acted all tough, waved his gun around, got his money and left. Sure, it would be terrifying for everyone involved, but no-one would have died.
The customer was an absolute moron for opening fire, he was laying his and everyone else's lives down for money that is easily replaced.
Absolutely and completely down right pathetic.

Are you kidding me? The customer stood up for the rights of everyone in the store and is a hero. He was protecting freedom and the right to life. Im glad the crook is dead he deserves it.
You obviously have never stood up to anyone in your life and condemn others for doing so. Im sad for you.
It must be terrible living as a coward submitting to the will of everyone around you.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

What was the reason for shooting him in the leg?

What drawer did he get in the head with?

Cash register drawers dont come out, just the tray. Why hit him in the head with it? The money would fly out.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If someone displays a lethal weapon in public and threatens
another person without first being threatened, I believe that person has defaulted on his American rights.
I also believe that that person deserves whatever happens to him.

Unfortunately, here in California it is impossible to obtain a permit to
carry so I am out of luck.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19

My thoughts are that the robber would have acted all tough, waved his gun around, got his money and left. Sure, it would be terrifying for everyone involved, but no-one would have died.
The customer was an absolute moron for opening fire, he was laying his and everyone else's lives down for money that is easily replaced.
Absolutely and completely down right pathetic.

Are you kidding me? The customer stood up for the rights of everyone in the store and is a hero. He was protecting freedom and the right to life. Im glad the crook is dead he deserves it.
You obviously have never stood up to anyone in your life and condemn others for doing so. Im sad for you.
It must be terrible living as a coward submitting to the will of everyone around you.

Yes he stood up for everyone. But the way he did it was extremely stupid and extremely dangerous.

Did you not read the article? He started an arguement with the theif and from that a gun fight started.

Stupidity cancels out heroism

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

None of us know the details unless we were there but is it not possible he intentionally confronted the thief to get his attention off of any bystanders and proceeded to argue with him to coral him into a relatively safe position where he could be shot safely?

We dont know what happened specifically and mistakes are made in every situation.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Did you read the article? The customer eyeballed the theif, that started an arguement, that ended up with the customer severly wounded and the theif dead.

He was trying to be a hero and went about it in an ingnorant way.

Stupidity cancels out heroism.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Did you read the article? The customer eyeballed the theif, that started an arguement, that ended up with the customer severly wounded and the theif dead.

He was trying to be a hero and went about it in an ingnorant way.

Stupidity cancels out heroism.

Yes I read the tiny uninformative article. We don't know what they were arguing about but I bet I can make a close guess. The customer probably having never been in that situation and also never shooting a real person was probably telling the crook to drop his weapon. Its hard ending someone's life even if you are trained for it. The crook probably decided that this dude was scared and fired first prompting the customer to shoot back.

My job requires me to carry a HK USP 9 mil and an AR-15. With my trinaing it should be easy to handle this situation but ive never been in one like it so i will probobly never know. But i would like to think that if i told the crook to drop his weapon and he turned to face me with it still in his hand i would put a 3 round vertical track in his chest in about 1 second.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
That's a coin I'd rather not flip. Dead thug = good thing.

I agree. The thug flipped his coin before he decided to rob the place.

If they commit armed robbery, they have a firearm for a reason. The firearm is not there to bake cookies, it is there to suggest he means to use it.

Those who Conceal Carry are very aware of why they carry. It is to protect no only themselves but others as well. They also know that they stand a good chance of being arrested for their actions and the possibility that they themselves may die in their attempt to protect. It is part of the training.

The fact that there was an argument says that the CCW didn't just fire away, but he tried to reason with the guy. Sadly, if they have brandished the weapon, reasoning is already not an option. Training would have told him to pull and shoot as soon as he thought his life was in danger (e.g. when the thug brandished the weapon) but it is hard to say because there is a lack of details on the report.

Contrary to what previous posters have stated, if a firearm is pointed in one's direction, one should assume it will be used.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

I'm happy the situation ended the way it did with the theif being killed.

But you cannot look at this and not see how stupid and dangerous the customer was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join