It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does every individual mod have the ability to delete, move threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
i believe it was seeker of who compiled a list just recently of 9/11 type stuff and requested any new info be added to already existing posts...is this not true?
if its not i apologize

What is your point?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

i believe it was seeker of who compiled a list just recently of 9/11 type stuff and requested any new info be added to already existing posts...is this not true?
if its not i apologize

I don't know how recent it was, but he did. In fact, he replied to mepatriot's thread with the listings, IIRC.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
I've had three threads on new information relative to 911 trashed today, and I guarantee it has not been posted before. I am not interesting in posting to some under-utilized location, but feel this material has an equal right to be on the main board with threads like the one on "OKC was filmed" duh??? and that was never reported here before within the past 9 years???

How can I guarantee it is new? Because it's my original research that I have been attempting to share with ALL OF THE READERS OF ATS...looks like somebody really doesn't want new information on 911 coming out to the wider readership on the main board...hmmmm.

never posted here before huh ? you're going to make me go through those 9/11 threads aren't you... again, if I do this and find "your information" previously posted here, I'll expect one BIG apology from you.

Before I go searching though,, maybe someone who was on the 9/11 research team could let me know if they know right off hand that this stuff is indeed there ?

Oh yeah, Mepatriot, did you know that ATS had it's own research team on 9/11, I know that they covered everything....

You guarantee that it has not been posted before but you don't want to search it for yourself....

you're digging a hole my friend......

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thanks Watcher. I was not trying to be sarcastic tough, I was merely emphasizing the word. I think if this is cleared up, a lot of misunderstandings will be cleared up. And threads like this will die down.

Rationale: If moderators don't move, delete, or score threads based on their own belief system, then Mepatriot's misunderstang might be cleared up.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Actually yes....we all have the power (cue the music) to destroy every thread you can concieve.

Muhahahaha!

With our incredible Mod powers, one day we will control the entire internet unless you pay us...1000 dollars (pinky finger).

Actually, no....we can't really back that up....

Oh, and no...there is free speech and we try and allow that...but there are ATS TOU as well that need to be followed. Nothing is totally free, after all...free speech still won't let you swear or show breasts on tv during the superbowl.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i swear spittincobra i can just not for the life of me figure out why they just havent made you a mod yet....

but keep up the good work they have got to do it sooner than later....

and joseph knecht .....i think you are correct sir

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot All of the information I posted today was new, and only once did I inadvertently post it in the wrong place.
You also posted this in your first post: " Logged in as mepatriot [Logout] [Control Panel] [] complain buddies members search faq tutorial recent posts MyATS blogs 2003 deny chat MemberCenter (u2u) " I'm sure it looked like spam and was trashed for that reason. Why did all the text of the entire web page into your post? And the original thread is still here, where it should be: www.abovetopsecret.com... But you somehow saw fit to copy the text of the entire web page and create another post of similar title. Of course it was trashed!
[Edited on 20-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
And, the information you posted was incorrect... I responded as such. Your claim about CNN was simply wrong, way wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Certain mods apparently do not want to take the time to prove for themselves that it is original and new to ATS, so they use that as an excuse to repeatedly trash very compelling new materials on 911. I hope there is nothing sinsiter beyond laziness afoot here...

Does anything get done in conjunction with a group of moderators, or can any mod who doesn't like you (such as Banshee, in my case) destroy your opportunities to enjoy ATS???

But none are needed from facefirst or esoterica...my two resident stalkers.

First, I think the mods here are way above the mods of other forums I've posted at.
Second, you sound a wee bit paranoid, as reflected in the above quote.
Third, you gotta play by the rules n life, even on ATS. Lots of us cross the line from time to time, but most of us understand and move on.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

if its not i apologize

What is your point?

I think the point is self-evident SpittinCobra.
Allow me to explain:
I have been here going on almost a year and have browsed this board for almost 3 months before I joined.
As such, in all that time, I have seen pretty much all the theories, conspiracies, speculation, links, and questions that can be raised on 9/11 and the events pertaining to it, up to it and after it, all within the confines of ATS and virtually all being quite extensively discussed.

What had and has been transpiring is that the whole wide range of topics dealing with this (9/11, etc.) have been and/or have become sadly just re-hashed, re-re-hashed, and some being re-re-re-hashed threads/topics.
I brought this observation before the staff and asked what we could do to limit this. What came from this discussion was the decision to make one huge archive, with pretty much all the threads relating to this event, etc., and then regulate or direct all further and future discussion to that archive thread. In doing such, one: it would allow quick access to all existing threads like a quick reference, and two: would allow for continued re-hash, re-re-hash and re-re-re-hash of anything that one would wish to discuss on 9/11, etc., all within the confines of one huge archived thread.

Since the establishing of this thread/archive, all topics related to 9/11, etc., other than the 9/11 Commission hearings, etc., have been subsequently closed and many have been re-directed to post to the huge archive thread.

mepatriot's thread fell into this category and was closed. There have been many others since the archive thread has became active that have also been closed, most given the same reasons....a link to the archive thread. As of yet, no one has taken there topics or threads into the archive....strange...must be a points issue, eh?

I hope that this will satisfy 'why' such threads are being closed, when dealing with 9/11, etc.

As to mod's having the ability to delete, close, trash or move threads/topics....yes, but only in the forums for which they 'assert' control or are assigned to monitor, besides monitoring ATS/BTS as well.
Close threads will or should have a message as to why given within the thread.
We very seldom delete posts, if at all....the higher ups handle this, when the need applies.
Move or trashed threads get an automated u2u sent to the starter of the thread and gives the mod who trashed or moved the thread.

seekerof

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Seeker, I know, he was tring to prove a point, but it was really going back on things he said thats all.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I kinda of thought that, but nonetheless, I did feel the need to explain. I know I addressed it to you, but hopefully, others will see the message also.

Thanks for your reply, patience, and understanding.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join