It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostock Update...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Six Americans have just ended a second year of what looks like an impossible mission -- carving out a road to the South Pole.

The 1,020-mile "ice highway" from the coast directly south of New Zealand will enable hundreds of tons of supplies and equipment to be hauled across the world's most inhospitable wilderness on tractor-pulled sleds to the pole's Amundsen-Scott Base, a U.S. research station.

www.wired.com...

This is from the timebomb2000 board...

Ok, the artcile does not say why the Americans are going to this level of labor and expense for a road that can only be used 3 times a year when there is a perfectly good airlift operation that has worked fine for years...?

Curiously, in 1999, a Russian (actually Siberean, he gets all bent out of shape when you call him Russian, - 'I am fourth generation Siberean! Not Russian!) associate, a fellow we can call 'Yushi' (a diminuative nick-name), let certain people know that 'the Americans have found something at [Lake] Vostock'. It is this something that they discovered that 1) started the recent 'gold rush' of scientists to Antarctica; 2) is responsible for the need for much more frequent 'emergency' medical evacuations from Antarctica; and 3) is the reason for the road. A further note is that 5 years on, this discovery is what is causing all the rumors of 'stargates' or 'time-machines' to surface associated with Antarctica.

Yushi had sent out an email on his return from the Russian Antarctic reseach station. It helps to know that Yushi is a metallurgic scientist by trade, with specializations in complex magnetics, and super-conductors (apparently Yushi was in Antarctica doing manufacturing tests for superconductors...experimenting with natural 'cold' factories). The following is an extract from that 1999 email....editorial clarifications in square brackets are mine...

"they [Americans] have found something at Vostock. Even surprising more than city, is a device. It appears a machine of some doing, not a natural artifact. It is very significant size. XXXXX says 'at least they cannot fly it away before we can have a look.' It is very large, very heavy, and very magnetic. Magnetisms caused that it be discovered by effects on aircraft traversing overhead. Many workers exposed to it have medically removed from its presence. Radiation? Extremely magnetic so as to affect the brain? These are unknown. They [Americans] have had personal [probably means 'private' or commercial] guards brought to protect it. How foolish! As though anything could be removed without their knowledge. Those who have seen say that it is alive [probably means 'live' in the sense of functioning] but it will not work in the frozen [city - translation also would/could be 'enclave' or 'fort'] in which it was found. They [Americans] discuss how to remove the device. If to do so, they must drag it very far behind a sledge as it is too magnetic for engines, they cease in its presence. It too heavy for crossing the ice, so much difficulty to remove. '

My what a strange, strange world. At least we know that unlike every other American road building project, this one is not 'pork' as the locals/natives to Antarctica have no votes to be bought....

And our Goverment it seems is going to try and bring this thing back?

Could this be the Beast from the Abyss?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i was just wandering about the validity of this information and exspecially of this e-mail. i mean, the mistakes made by this man...are not typical mistakes a russian or siberian would make. those kind of distinctions in diction should be know to that individual.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
here some information explaining everyting about that lake..except for the magnetic anomaly
www.70south.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A large hiring blitz is ongoing, by Raytheon Polar Services. A large amount of support personnel are needed. They recruit just for the 'summer' season, Oct. through Feb.

As with all major operations, a major amount of support is needed. I wonder, if there is any relevance.

Raytheon Polar Services

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Raytheon just had a security audit . . . interesting timing. Doesn't sound like they did too well. Now some director is on peoples' butts about doing a better job.

(They probably have periodic audits like this, but I thought the timing fit in nicely with this thread.)

Check out the motivational memo at:
www.internalmemos.com:8080...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good posts. I rad the article about the road as well, and wondered what the justification was to undertake such a massive exercise for a small research base.

You can't tell me its just to cut down on planes when the alternative by land is 1000 mile trip....

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think it might be "The beast from the abyss" from Revelations

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Does anyone rember a few months ago, there was a satelite that the NSA shut down because it was going to take some pictures of the lake, saying it was first for reasons of national security, then retracting that statement and stating enviromental issues? Durring the time the two skiers were "rescued" by American helicopters.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Wgatenson]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

pic of the lake, and what I think is the road.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
E_W, the road at $20,000,,000 cost along with an estimated 30 day travel time at only three times a year, not to mention cost of maintenance points towards the movement of equipment too heavy for aircraft either in to pole or back out. One thing the road is not is an alternate medevac route - too slow for for that!

I've seen programming that showed 100 ton loads moved in northern Canada across frozen lakes by truck to the oil fields so a very heavy payload can be moved in this fashion.

What is at the terminus to the road closest to New Zealand? airfield or port? if its a port then these very heavy loads could be brought to or be removed from Antartica without to much trouble.

Yushi refered to "device" and not "natural" I guess if its a gate I could go along with your revelation theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Link updates for a couple posts above (the listed ones don't work properly):

For Raytheon's security audit memo:
www.internalmemos.com...

For the picture of Lake Vostok:
svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
From what I can find so far the starting point for the road is McMurdo Station.

The U.S. Science Foundation says that this is just a proof of concept project and that they can bring in 162,000lbs. on this trip and with 3 trips a year they can move 2.2 million lbs equal to 85 plane loads.

top topics

join