It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Magazine Cover - Michelle Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Actually, I think none of those things and have never fallen into the trap of playing those games. My problems with Obama are on a policy level, not a personal one.

And, I form my own opinions; no one forms them for me.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
OK, seeing how some of the Mental Midgets can't be swayed.

For the sake of discussion, let's say the magazine's photo editors chose this "stance"
specifically to portray that Oprah is appearing subservient to Michelle. And that Oprah is breaking new ground with cover-style. (not a self portrait.)

Can someone stretch their teenie-weenie brains and explain to me the "conspiracy" here and better still why this is "thread-worthy."

Thanks.....KK

[edit on 26-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
so now Oprah is in on the conspiracy too?
She wants to Worship the first lady?

For the sake of argument, let's pretend (big stretch here) that this is true.
Let's pretend that Oprah is going to drop her role as a leader-type personality and immediately become a follower.

My question would be: Why?
She has nothing to gain from it. She has nothing to gain from praying to Michelle, it's a PHOTO. Perhaps out of good humor as well.....though for those of you who really are wearing the tinfoil helmets...i would not expect you to know what humor is.

Then you never looked for them. Just google up Obama halo pictures. They are everywhere.

There are also pictures that depict George Bush as Satan, Dick Cheney as Darth Vader, and Rosie O'Donnel is a gelotenous blob eating everything in her path.

Does that make it true? Does that give it merit?
I'll give you some time to ponder...

And, I form my own opinions; no one forms them for me.

Right....that's what they want you to say.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That's your own imagination taking over. If you actually listened to the information people are posting on this board about Obamessiah, instead of just throwing random insults at them, then you'd learn something important about Obama and it could possibly open your eyes to what is really going on in this country.

Gotta love those kind of retorts. "Obamessiah" is a term invented by conservatives spread with lies to depict the ridiculousness of less than 1% of those of us who support our President in an attempt to squash the remaining 99%.

Then there are other's out there, again less than 1% of the over all population, who don't support anyone or anything because everyone and everything (including the government) is out to get them personally and steal their babies.

I seriously can't imagine how you.....and the rest of the 1%.....can live that way.

I also love how whenever someone doesn't agree with someone else's conspiracy (no matter how ludicrous) then that person is immediately a blind fool who does not know his elbow from a hole in the ground....because "True believers" are never wrong. Everyone who doubts them is.

Nice Logic.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
OK, seeing how some of the Mental Midgets can't be swayed. ... Can someone stretch their teenie-weenie brains

... and that is why you are on 'thin ice' ... to quote you. :shk:

explain to me the "conspiracy" here and better still why this is "thread-worthy."

... and that is why I repeated myself and had a poster ask if I was going to do it another 5 or 6 times. READ THE THREAD.

Originally posted by Fremd
I also love how whenever someone doesn't agree with someone else's conspiracy (no matter how ludicrous) then that person is immediately a blind fool who does not know his elbow from a hole in the ground....

Better have a talk with Kinda Kurious about that behavior of his/hers then.

Originally posted by Fremd
"Obamessiah" is a term invented by conservatives ....

.... to describe The One that many Obamatrons worship.
And it's definately MANY.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by FlyersFan

It says nothing....to people with a brain.

To average Americans who eat this crap up....it is more celebrity worship.

Oprah can do whatever she wants to do with her magazine and her cover; I could care less. But, this does feed into the "celebrity worship" that I am afraid is plaguing the Obama presidency.

The man is not a rock star; neither is his wife. The man is not a celebrity; neither is his wife. The man is President of the US and his wife is First Lady. For better or worse, they are the "face" of the US to the rest of the world.

I am having problems with the image they are presenting to our country and to the rest of the world so far.

I totally agree with you! It seems like they are being made into celebs and people seem to forgot he is our President! It's odd to me the way they are being portrayed.

Nice post

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Why would i want to do that? I don't even know this person, and certainly am in no position to give them orders or a "talking to"

keep reaching for those distant arguments and conjuring falsehoods masked as truth.

information and truth will always be the worst enemy of any idea supported by like-minded people of yourself.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Nice. I love the way I get taunted and when I taunt back get warned and have my posts deleted.

I am FINALLY learning how this stuff works:

You must be passionate, just not too passionate.

You must post in vague references and make obscure inferences but not actually address the facts.

You must tolerate the small tribes of like believers whose only strength comes from "a safety in numbers" mentality as they are too afraid to go one-on-one. They toss out tiny barbs via "drive-bys" then run for the hills or log off. Scared of actual discourse.

You must "skirt" sensitive subjects and not delve too deeply so that rampant bias does not cost you thread removal or points.

You must "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

Yes, I am learning much lately about how this all works but not too sure I find it so appealing after all. I can experience many more yucks and freedom of expression
on a plethora of other venues. I would gladly go down in flames than be subjected to this type of machiavellian angst and suppression. But until I do.......

Back OT:

IMO, It is a magazine cover, nothing more.

There will be a new one out every month going forward.

There is no conspiracy and you don't have to wait an hour after you've eaten to go swimming.

If I may politely close with my new ATS mantra.......DENY IGNORANTS.

BIG HUGS.........KK

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If you don't want to see it again and again then tell the people who spout nonsense like 'it's just racism' to get with the program. Otherwise, I'll HAVE TO keep repeating why this thread is here. Obviously some people don't get it. Or they are trying to deflect off topic.

Yeah and repeating yourself always makes things more clear when someone does not understand. Look, if your problem is that you think you think that somehow spamming a board with the exact same message over and over again is going to make things more clear to those who do not get it, then you do not get it. If they did not get it the first time, why would they the 2nd, 3rd, etc. We all read it. We all know what you think. We got it. You can put your hand down now.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN

TIN FOIL DONNED: The photos suggests the obamas should be respected and revered by ALL persons; wealthy & influential included. Obama is motioning for you to "kneel" and show respect.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

Um hey, I just need to interject for a moment here. It has been stated by FF and you that your interpretation of the picture is based on Oprah's body language. How do you get that Obama is motioning for us all to kneel based on what Oprah is doing? And who is this going to influence? Who is this grand conspiracy meant to attack again? Who reads her magazine? Anyone?........? Anyone know the demographic for that magazine? Anyone know how much exposure it gets? I know I never would have seen the picture if it were not for this thread so good job you are doing spreading the message for them, I guess.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

definately MANY.

Can you back that up with anything? or at least spell it right.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Are you a trendy dresser?

A goth?

Casual?

Formal?

What is your favourite music?

Why do you think you made any of these choices and affiliations and habit's beliefs in life?

The same way that sexy women are seen selling ice cream in AD;s using it in a Phallic oral way, is the power of this picture on your subconscious mind, or if not yours, many many many who see it and think

"it's just a picture"

kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by kinda kurious

Are you a trendy dresser?

A goth?

Casual?

Formal?

What is your favourite music?

Why do you think you made any of these choices and affiliations and habit's beliefs in life?

The same way that sexy women are seen selling ice cream in AD;s using it in a Phallic oral way, is the power of this picture on your subconscious mind, or if not yours, many many many who see it and think

"it's just a picture"

kind regards,

Elf.

Well if that is true then we all must be pretty much the same thing. Some mix between ignorance and American Idol. We are not. You logic is faulty. I let my hair grow out long because it frames my face better because it is more round than oblong. Do you look, act, talk like me, do what I do? Why not? I am sure we have come across much of the same media.

Yes, Ads are designed to be influential, that does not mean there has ever been any established proof that it works better than just showing the ice cream does. Nice how no one seems to have to back up things here. Magazine covers are designed to appeal to their direct demographic. I guess the majority of people in the U.S. read Oprah's magazine, then. Can you back that up? Can anyone put up any proof of anything or is this what ATS is going to be for the next 4 years? I just got done with 8 years of hearing that martial law was coming and now this is what I gotta listen to?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oprah has never shared the magazine cover with anyone? After Oprah, do you really have room for anyone else?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Post deleted / retracted by self.

Who cares?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Oprah has never shared the magazine cover with anyone? After Oprah, do you really have room for anyone else?

Why does anyone here even know that? I did not even know she still had a magazine let alone how the cover was governed. Seriously, who do you think this conspiracy is really aimed at? What is her circulation? This is such a feeble attempt at conspiracy theories. Please, next time, use a magazine that people read. If run across even one pic that suggests I worship Obama, I will be here to post it, I promise. Until then can someone please explain to me how this conspiracy is supposed to work? A very small and specific section of the U.S. will worship Obama? Why bother? Then what? There must be a part two because that does not take us very far and seems like some effort to get nowhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
"Obamessiah"

I love how conservatives seem intent on forcing religion on people no matter what. Prayers in school, family values. Now they are telling me who my messiah is.
Never had one, never will.

the same goofballs that coined these terms in the public were the ones a few years ago, when the prez was losing popularity who were trying to impress upon the american people that you have to support the commander in chief no matter what.

apparently it only applies to republican commander in chiefs.

Now did anyone get their panties in a bunch when 9/11 happened and everyone rallied behind GW to go to war and find the terrorists and sang all the ra ra ra 9/11 country songs.?

The mania then was silly too. I was one of the few people who didn't support the war and I have heard several people publicly proclaim that those who didn't support the president should leave the country?

So once again we face hardship and people look to their leader but those who are not in agreement make statements like we are worshipping them.In fact, I haven't heard any obamanites tell anyone to leave.

*takes a deep whiff* can you smell the hypocrisy?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath

Oh dear, no proof?

Behavioural study of obedience

S Milgram et al- Conflict, Order and Action

Here

John Watson Conditioned emotional reactions 1914

Here

Jane Elliott’s “Blue Eyes-Brown Eyes” Experiment

Here

Social cognitive theory of mass communication

From ALBERT BANDURA Stereotypes and Bodo Doll experiments

Here

Observational learning as a function of symbolization and incentive set

Further research on the above Bodo Findings
Here

The role of modeling processes in personality development

Not online but found in

A Bandura - The Young Child, 1982 - National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)

Phillip Zimbardo's Stanford Prisoner's Experiment

Here

Richard Bandler et al persuasion engineering

Here

If the above scholarly articles are too much for you to read through nice easy multimedia below.

Derren Brown Mind Control

Derren Brown & Subliminal Advertising

Derren makes a subliminal ad

And nearly an entire audience forget the entire film they just watched!

Wake up ALL of you , you ARE hypnotised.

Just a Picture?

Makes your face look nice does it?

Did you have longish hair as most as a child and you were "cute" older women liked it?

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Nicely said and star for doing so...

I will not bother finding the think, but if I can recall, I remember reading that Oprah and the president (don't know if anyone else attended) had a dinner together?

Just seems a bit weird...I wonder if she funded his campaign at all?

Like you said skeptic, one more reason I do not like Obama is because of his Holly Wood type image. Just more of a personal thing.

These are the words I get from her image "YES!!!!! OBAMA WILL BE MINE SOOOOOOON!"

I am crazy.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Hilarious! oprah, messiah to millions of sheeple folds her hands and praises her new saviors wife! great stuff, S&F.
second line, if needed

TheAssociate

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join