It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah Magazine Cover - Michelle Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The celebrity thing was old when McCain said it and it is old now. The conservatives of all people after electing Regan, Arnold, and having Fed Thompson run, shouldn't be going on about celebrities in politics.

The first lady has ordered the white house staff to not treat the daughters like princesses. The daughters have to make their own beds, clean their own rooms, and even assist the white house staff. Obama wears J.Jill, not Armani.
She has a vegetable garden. Hardly "celebrity" material.

as for the cover....

it looks like a candid moment, and the two are talking,and Oprah is in deep thought. People put their hands in a steeple position when they are forming at thought, often touching them to their chin.

10) A person is feeling confident when leaning back with arms behind head, when placing the fingers of both hands together like a "steeple," when putting hands on suspenders or lapels, or when pursing the lips.

how to understand body language

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

it looks like a candid moment, and the two are talking,and Oprah is in deep thought......

Weellllll, that might be pushing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Tentickles
Have you seen all the pictures with Big O having a Halo?

Funny .. I didn't think of that. This could be the media version of the Obama-halo .. yet on Michelle. I swear it really looks like Oprahs in prayer and slightly bowed toward Michelle.

That is how Catholics pray. It is how normal people show that they are honored to be with the other. Oprah is honored to be with someone she admires. Oh no! Call Sean Hannity quick, this might make 4 housewives with clutter issues decide to pray to Michelle Obama.

Other than that, it just seems to give idiots on the right another thing to whine about. How about 8 years of hearing what a great Christian man G.W. was? No one remembers that?

I have seen no pictures of Obama with a Halo but I did spend 8 years hearing about this wonderful Christian man who was ignoring the poor and leading a war. Any of you guys care to send a link to

1- Obama with a Halo pictures.

and

2- the part of Jesus teachings that tell you to fight wars and ignore the poor.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

- Oprah has never shared the cover with anyone.

- She is sharing it for the first time with Michelle Obama.

- Check Oprahs body language - hands folded in prayer and her body bowing towards Michelle.

- Media and celebs (and politicians) are VERY careful about constructing their message in photos. So what kind of message COULD they be sending?

Michelle Obama and her hubby are all over the media. This is different.
And it's different for the reasons stated.

Could you please post this same statement another 5 or 6 times. I do not think you have really made it clear what your problem is.

I just parked my car somewhere I never have before. Not in 33 years have I parked it there. It is my car, I can park it wherever I want to. You do not have to look at it or even care. Why does Oprah's magazine bother you so much?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Fremd

I don't see it as a "political prejudice" to want the President to be a leader instead of a celebrity. Same goes with the First Lady.....she's not an elected official, but she's not a celeb, either.

This has nothing to do with their party, their skin color, or their politics. This has everything to do with their actions, their inactions, and their perceived attitude during a time of crisis.

My "prejudices" would hold true for anyone doing the same thing in the same position.

If you have trouble understanding that, it is your problem, not mine.

Do you know what a celebrity is or what it means to be famous? Look at a quarter sometime. They have been putting the same old man on them for a while now. Know his name?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

LOL

actually, I was thinking she was probably quickly adding her revenues in her head.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnjeluvDeath
That is how Catholics pray. It is how normal people show that they are honored to be with the other. Oprah is honored to be with someone she admires. Oh no! Call Sean Hannity quick, this might make 4 housewives with clutter issues decide to pray to Michelle Obama.

Geez, I'm a Catholic, and I've never bowed like when I'm honored to be around someone, and I've been around a bunch of pipehitting heroes that easily put Michelle Obama to shame without trying.

Other than that, it just seems to give idiots on the right another thing to whine about. How about 8 years of hearing what a great Christian man G.W. was? No one remembers that?

I have seen no pictures of Obama with a Halo but I did spend 8 years hearing about this wonderful Christian man who was ignoring the poor and leading a war. Any of you guys care to send a link to

and

Didn't Jesus say something about Payback being a bitch? I can't remember the correct chapter or verse, but it's in the Bible somewhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
LOL

actually, I was thinking she was probably quickly adding her revenues in her head.

Imagine her saying, "Excellent!" like Mr Burns on The Simpsons.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Geez, I'm a Catholic, and I've never bowed like when I'm honored to be around someone, and I've been around a bunch of pipehitting heroes that easily put Michelle Obama to shame without trying.

and

Didn't Jesus say something about Payback being a bitch? I can't remember the correct chapter or verse, but it's in the Bible somewhere.

So I ask for a link to the part of Jesus' teachings that tell you to fight wars and ignore the poor and your response is "Didn't Jesus say some other thing that is irrelevant?"

Nice try!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That is good for you. At my church they used to let anyone come up for wine during the Eucharist but at the other Catholic church in the neighborhood, they only offered it to adults. I was raised Catholic. You tell me what religion she is mimicking then if she is praying to Michelle.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnjeluvDeath

Sorry, you obivously are lacking in the sense of humor department.

And if I do remember correctly, this thread, tho wild it may seem, doesn't mention anything about the poor or wars.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

They see those of us that question it as:

* Racist
* Prejudiced
* Hateful
* Vitriolic
* Political Baiters

Actually, no. What we see is this:

Obama is not a citizen
Yes he is.....

oh...well....he's a MUSLIM!
nope, he went to a christian church and claims to be so. Further more, whats wrong with being a Muslim?

oh...well...HE SMOKES!!!
so do a lot of people

Oh...well....he uhh, wrote "king obama in concrete!"
what child doesnt write things in concrete? If you saw some of my artwork you'd probably think i had tourettes (spelling?)

Umm....well., he's going to usher in the coming of Sharia Law!!
Oh really? Do you have proof of this?

YEAH! Because He's black and Africa is full of black people!
---you're an idiot.

DONT CALL ME RACIST

i seriously feel sometimes when i discuss Barack Obama with people that im talking to overzealous klan members or intellectually immature people who allow ideologues like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to formulate their opinions for them....

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Would that be Romans 12:19 ?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by AnjeluvDeath

Sorry, you obivously are lacking in the sense of humor department.

Thanks for the judging me, how very Christian of you. Just because you are not funny does not mean I do not have a sense of humor. Not everyone buys tickets to Carrot Top but someone is.

And if I do remember correctly, this thread, tho wild it may seem, doesn't mention anything about the poor or wars.

Yeah um...uh is it about Mr. Burns and Jesus then? Where is that in the OP or the title? Are you the only one allowed to speak off topic and therefor all response to you should be eliminated?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I have seen no pictures of Obama with a Halo ...

Then you never looked for them. Just google up Obama halo pictures.
They are everywhere.

Could you please post this same statement another 5 or 6 times.

If you don't want to see it again and again then tell the people who spout nonsense like 'it's just racism' to get with the program. Otherwise, I'll HAVE TO keep repeating why this thread is here. Obviously some people don't get it. Or they are trying to deflect off topic.

I do not think you have really made it clear what your problem is.

I don't 'have a problem'. :shk:
However, I have found a potential conspiracy that I have put forward.

Why does Oprah's magazine bother you so much?

I'm not 'bothered so much'. :shk:
I found a potential conspiracy so I put it forward.

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Hey, quit spamming !

Hey, quit posting one line responses. It's against the T&C.

Originally posted by Fremd
i seriously feel sometimes when i discuss Barack Obama with people that im talking to overzealous klan members or intellectually immature people

That's your own imagination taking over. If you actually listened to the information people are posting on this board about Obamessiah, instead of just throwing random insults at them, then you'd learn something important about Obama and it could possibly open your eyes to what is really going on in this country.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

well, the only difference is you're okay with two of them, and not with the other

they're all media

they're all center pieces for celebrity stature (especially PEOPLE)

you just can't see past your own prejudices to see that you're wrong.

but you're right...how dare me.

Why in the hell should the private section CELEBRATE a leader?
That's just wrong...

Ahhh here we go...and the Red Herrings are thrown by the truckload

The photo is very strange. obama's hands suggest "move down" as you would do to quiet a room or tell people to sit down, etc. Oprah is obviously holding her hands in some kind of worship / prayer position. It is just too obvious. Why not have her hand behind obama or something more "normal"? Even as just a photo, the "we don't care" poses are overdone nowdays (anybody remember "Faith + 1" south park LOL)

TIN FOIL DONNED: The photos suggests the obamas should be respected and revered by ALL persons; wealthy & influential included. Obama is motioning for you to "kneel" and show respect.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

They see those of us that question it as:

* Racist
* Prejudiced
* Hateful
* Vitriolic
* Political Baiters

Actually, no. What we see is this:

Obama is not a citizen
Yes he is.....

oh...well....he's a MUSLIM!
nope, he went to a christian church and claims to be so. Further more, whats wrong with being a Muslim?

oh...well...HE SMOKES!!!
so do a lot of people

Oh...well....he uhh, wrote "king obama in concrete!"
what child doesnt write things in concrete? If you saw some of my artwork you'd probably think i had tourettes (spelling?)

Umm....well., he's going to usher in the coming of Sharia Law!!
Oh really? Do you have proof of this?

YEAH! Because He's black and Africa is full of black people!
---you're an idiot.

DONT CALL ME RACIST

i seriously feel sometimes when i discuss Barack Obama with people that im talking to overzealous klan members or intellectually immature people who allow ideologues like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity to formulate their opinions for them....

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Fremd]

Formulate opinions, like the way you just did? Like the way you presented yourself as intellectually superior to those who oppose obama?

..im talking to overzealous klan members or intellectually immature people..

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
apparently, oprah will also be sharing a cover with ellen degeneres on another cover. i wonder what discussion that pose will create.
it just seems like a business decision and nothing else.
oprah wants to generate revenue and having our first lady on the cover meets that goal.
besides, oprah very well may have decided that only her on the cover wasn't interesting anymore.
i see no conspiracy or hidden agendas in the decision to put the first lady on the cover.
oprah noticed that magazines with the first family are moneymakers.
she's a businesswoman who saw an opportunity and grabbed it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I can see it Flyers.

The prayer pose and, looking up at Obama away from the camera, I could go on but a recent thread of mine brought some unwanted comments lol.

It is there IMHO. but it is up to everyone to decide what they feel about it.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join