It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using arrow brackets < < > >

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
whenver i type these the (shift+ ,) and (shift + .) keys the arrows and teh text inside always disappears in the actual post. i'm wondering what's going on there? it makes me think i'm activating some invisible command or something.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That's very interesting. Can the text be highlighted? Perhaps this is just a shortcut for creating "invisible" text. Or perhaps it's part of a subliminal program you stumbled across.

Edited to add: Well the text can't be highlighted apparently as it's simply erased. Odd. I wonder what the purpose is, or if there's any at all.

[edit on 25/3/09 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Angle brackets are typically used to encapsulate HTML tags and are not supported on the boards, as HTML has been turned off in order to prevent potential security and/or coding issues.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You can get around it by using spaces, I think. Like this:

< Let's see if this works >

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is, as mentioned, due to some intricacies of HTML.

You can get around this by typing "&lt" instead of a left-angle bracket, and "&gt" instead of a right-angle bracket. Think 'less than' and 'greater than'. Those are parsed by the browser and replaced by actual angle-brackets when displayed.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
<works here>

use the code from this site

Cheers

[edit on 25-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
cool, thanks.

was beginnin to wonder, this bein a conspiracy site and all.

har har har

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Excellent. I had no need to ever even think to use angle brackets and still don't. Post made me curious though.

top topics

join