It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The responders to the poll are spot on with the NWO conspiracy, which continues today with the calls for the Global Currency being considered by the Treasury Secretary.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The NWO conspiracy is number one because the other nine conspiracies listed are all related to the NWO; they are simply facets of an overarching agenda.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The three I chose got combined for #1: New World Order & One World Government; Bilderberg, Illuminati, CFR, PNAC, etc.; and Conspiracies related to the global banking elite.

I think this list is accurate except for #10. The shadow government does sort of tie in with "Bilderberg, Illuminati, CFR, PNAC, etc.". It could have been combined with #1. I think HAARP or MKULTRA would have been a better one for #10. I know it's based on votes, but still.

Overall a good list.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
YEAH!!!! My favorite subject made the number 1.

I'm glad I'm not the lone ranger on the subject.

Most people I know do not believe in a NWO. That is why I love this site.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Haha all my picks made it up there except one which I was very surprised to see no mention of... HAARP?? That's been brought up more times than I can count.

Anyways, nicely put together thread. S&F

[edit on 25-3-2009 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
I thought 9/11 would be there...

I didn't. And I'm not shocked it wasn't. The 9/11 debate has been beaten to death and become so twisted and blurred by people trying to further their own agenda that it is exhausting trying to find the truth. Maybe that was intentional?

The cover-up of 9/11 has almost become as big of a conspiracy as the actual event. There are so many disinformation agents on the Internet to cloud the discussion that it has almost become impossible to find any credible information.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Looking at the raw data, I notice that if the three NWO and two UFO categories hadn't been combined, 9/11 would be number one by a pretty unbeatable margin.

I must say I'm rather relieved that chemtrails and moon landing coverups didn't make the top ten.

But I tell you, there really is something in all that talk about the strange designs at Denver Airport...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Nicely done. I am surprised sop many thought 2012 is not based on anything but fantasy. I bet they are confused and think its about Niberu or Stitchen.

Those that do not understand may not be part of the spiritual awakening.

Most that are waking up feel the quickening. This is what 2012 is actually about is the quickening as of right now we are in rapid polarization and TPTB are confusing the matter with dooms day prophesy. Its all about the completion of the great cycle and how our solar system is now rounding the far side of its elliptical orbit and is now going back towards the galaxy center instead of away from it.

The end of the old world ways and the beginning of the new. The NWO, war on terror, the crashing of the economy are all to divert the mind of the masses away from this and most are buying it cheap.

Anyway great list.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Very interesting and some surprises in it. I was surprised at 7 too, due to not really feeling it is a conspiracy, but the unknown, and as we get closer and closer the media will have to talk about it.

I wish I would have remembered to vote more during it, only voted twice.

Thanks for putting this all together.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
Haha all my picks made it up there except one which I was very surprised to see no mention of... HAARP?? That's been brought up more times than I can count.

Actually, HAARP falls into number 8 on the list.Tesla Invention.(under Eastland patents)

Fantastic top 10. Now, I will have to join this Digg thing that I have been avoiding for a year.

Great speed with the collation SO. errrr I mean...Dude.

Peace

Edit to add: Don't forget to DIGG this Mutha....It's EZ

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Nice work - very well composed and presented.

Most of my favorites are there, but whether any are or not doesn't matter. What does matter is that we are hearing the collective voice of our peers and contemporaries.

Thanks, ATS. I'm proud to call this forum, "Home"...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is the penultimate expression of those who seek that which is not easily found in our "traditional media outlets"... The TRUTH, or, at least the questions that could lead one to get closer to it.

We were a bit surprised as we collated the data (votes) too. Naturally being a UFO enthusiast myself I figured the top spot would have gone to the UFO phenomenon.

I have to agree with those who believe the revelations of corruption and idiocy that led to the current, horrid and "no end in sight yet" economic melt down we are all enduring right now is most likely the reason the "NWO" took the top position.

Excellent stuff no matter how you slice it.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This link was in the OP of this thread, but I blew by it at first, but this thread is worth visiting too.

Link to beyond the top ten conspiracy thread.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Can't believe the Nazi technology didn't get in the top ten.

Nor did ancient technology supression.

ho hum...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
My personal favourite at the moment came in at No.5

If things are as bad as some of the economists make out, then - assuming we can all still afford internet in a couple of years - should the poll be run again I'd wager it would be No.1

But any way you slice it up, thats quite some list isn't it? And its nice to see a different spin on the subjects than the crap you get in the MSM - I've seen lists like this on different mainstream sites and they are all kooky and rip the subject matters - its just good to see them all taken seriously with a more objective view.

Kudos to us all for sticking with these, and always wanting to find out more

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Excellent, no matter where chosen favourites come in this top ten, it is still an impressive list, and a good indication as to what people are worried and thinking about here on this site.

I don't go much for the 2012 scenario's to many opinions and not enough evidence, however it has some worried, and that's enough for me to want to know why and if.

The list is how it is, and that makes me happy, would have made me happy anyway it came out to be honest.

All I seek is truth, honesty, freedom, and justice for all.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Excellent stuff no matter how you slice it.

Springer...

It really is excellent no matter how you slice it. It doesnt matter where your conspiracy lies as long as we hunt for the truth.

Did I read somewhere once it will set you free?

I wanted to add, why is Bill's mood madness are peeps on ATS driving him nuts?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Great list people

The only thing's that surprise me is that the shadow government placed so low and that the JFK assassination placed so high or even on the list. We haven't found out the truth in 46 years, i doubt we ever will. It's a dead subject.

No pun intended.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Anuubis]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Great list, however I can't believe that the whole 2012 thing made the top 10. Then again, just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean others can't buy into it.

Well perhaps its because mainstream media is also looking at it closely, not to mention the Movie that is coming out on that subject. You think its #7 now wait till its at the theaters...

Here is an article from New Scientist magazine...

Space storm alert: 90 seconds from catastrophe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/606f4e51abdf.jpg[/atsimg]

Caption
A fierce solar storm could lead to a global disaster on an unprecedented scale (Image: SOHO Consortium / ESA / NASA)

T IS midnight on 22 September 2012 and the skies above Manhattan are filled with a flickering curtain of colourful light. Few New Yorkers have seen the aurora this far south but their fascination is short-lived. Within a few seconds, electric bulbs dim and flicker, then become unusually bright for a fleeting moment. Then all the lights in the state go out. Within 90 seconds, the entire eastern half of the US is without power.

A year later and millions of Americans are dead and the nation's infrastructure lies in tatters. The World Bank declares America a developing nation. Europe, Scandinavia, China and Japan are also struggling to recover from the same fateful event - a violent storm, 150 million kilometres away on the surface of the sun.

Now with a publication like New Scientist talking about it and ESA/NASA playing along... maybe there is more to this than they are telling us afterall?

NEW SCIENTIST SPACE STORM

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
We haven't found out the truth in 46 years, i doubt we ever will. It's a dead subject.

And that's what makes it a conspiracy.

If we knew the truth behind any of these things, they wouldn't be on the list at all!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join