It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheel Within a Wheel?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have read about Ezekiel's encounter of an object that he describes as a wheel within a wheel in the sky. I am trying to imagine what a wheel within a wheel would looke like, taking into consideration what the wheels may have looked like in his time. I keep coming to the image of something like a space station that is round and has hallways or passageways leading to the center room. Maybe it's just me, but I am having a hard time putting a wheel within a wheel into context with what most UFO's are claimed to look like. Even in the pictures of craft that appear to look like saucers I am not seeing the wheel within a wheel. I was hoping someone here would be able to give me their opinion on what they imagine the wheel within a wheel. Or maybe even a picture or drawing link that I could check out.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe they did have a way to observe the sky better in those day. My first thought when i read wheel within a wheel could be a galaxy they had seen. Not saying it is what they were talking about but is another theory of what they could of saw.

wheel within a wheel.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

Just a few days ago I was reading about how the ancients must have had superior "seeing" instruments. I can't remember wher I read this, but it does seem logical to a point of them knowing where the planets were located and the size, color, and orbit long, long before we even knew certain planets existed at all. I am still wondering (and hoping) if anyone will ever figure out what is causing the orbital anomally with Pluto.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The wheel within the wheel was actually part of the angels that Ezekiel saw:

Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them. As for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like the gleaming of beryl. And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went, they went in any of their four directions without turning as they went. ... And when the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them' and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. ... for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. Ezekiel 1.15-17, 19, 21e [ESV]

Sorry for such a long quote.

Anyway, from that passage, we can see that the wheels went wherever these angels went. They were attached to them through their spirit according to 21e. [Not sure exactly what that word is in Hebrew. It could be being used in a figurative way for body, which makes sense according to the context.]

No one really knows what this is. Seeing how the contraption was part of the creature, and that Ezekiel could see the creature, I don't know how it could be a UFO. Unless it was some sort of hoverboard from Back to the Future.

I've always kinda thought that Ezekiel simply described what he saw the best that he could. Think about it. The Spiritual realm is on a whole different dimension/plane of existence than us here in the space/time one. If an angel were to come and show us something from, say, the sixth dimension, it wouldn't make any sense to us, though we could try and describe it, but it wouldn't do it justice. [Reminds me of a tesseract.] It would be similar to us trying to show a 3-D cube to some one who only lives in two dimensions. Try as those little flat people might, their not going to fully understand the concept of a cube and say something that they could relate to. Ha, I bet they'd call it a "square within a square"!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
maybe the word wheel was th eclosest description to the shape of a ufo, especialy when making the connection on that they both turn and rotate......

Just a 10 cent thought...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

It almost seems that they are riding in some type of vehicle with wheels that don't turn. And the vehicle has a way to fly. Also, and I can't remember where, I read that the being or angel had four faces. I am having a hard time putting that into a visual as well. I just seems that when you talk to the everyday layman about such things, they always use Ezekiel's experience of a Wheel Within a Wheel to convey their belief that UFO's are described in the bible. I just have never seen a picture or rendering of a UFO that resembles a wheel within a wheel. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, or thinking of it wrong.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Maybe Ezekiel saw the donut-shaped objects that have been in a few
NASA STS videos?

I can see that being a good explanation for a wheel within a wheel, basically
a circle with a larger circle encompassing it?

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The description of angel with four faces is in Ezekiel as well. It actually comes before the description of the aforementioned whell. They're both part of the first vision that he had while in exile at the Chebar cannal. Here's the description of the four four faced creatures:

And from the midst of it came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, but each had four faces and each of them had four wings. Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf's foot. and the sparkled like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. ... As for the likeness of their faces, each had a human face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. Ezekiel 1.5-8a, 11 [ESV]

When Ezekiel describes these creatures, it's pretty clear that these were actual beings. They had a creaturely form [that was human in appearance], had human hands, and four faces with each one being different [human, ox, eagle, lion]. It's not to difficult to imagine this type of creature if you think of a cube. It has four sides and one face could go on the side of its "cube head". Or it could have four heads. [Kinda like that two headed duck on that old cartoon Duckman. Also, remember God isn't limited making the angels look like us! He often does things that we don't understand! The wheel within a wheel was attached to this creatures which is evidenced by the fact that it would move when they moved. [By the way, the four faces represent the four aspects of Christ--human, servant, king, divine]

I think that a better description of a possible UFO in the Bible is Elijah being taken away:

And as still went on and talked, behold, chariots of fire and horses separated the two of them. And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
2 Kings 2.11 [ESV]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

A circle encompassing a circle doesn't quite work:

And the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. When they went, they went in any of their four directions without turning as they went. Ezekiel 1.16-17 [ESV]

The circle would have to turn if it was just a circle encompassing another. These wheels don't turn though. The cherubim can go in any direction without turning.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ancient language would be fairly difficult to decypher. A wheel in a wheel could be a description for the standard 3D flying saucer image of a UFO. As in those times large 3D circular images were unknown, one would struggle for description if they saw one, and the closest they could get would probably be a wheel within a wheel, denoting a 3D circular object.

The description of Ezekiel does sounds very much like a UFO, only the language used to describe it is ancient.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by octotom

It almost seems that they are riding in some type of vehicle with wheels that don't turn. And the vehicle has a way to fly. Also, and I can't remember where, I read that the being or angel had four faces. I am having a hard time putting that into a visual as well. I just seems that when you talk to the everyday layman about such things, they always use Ezekiel's experience of a Wheel Within a Wheel to convey their belief that UFO's are described in the bible. I just have never seen a picture or rendering of a UFO that resembles a wheel within a wheel. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, or thinking of it wrong.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by esteay812]

Yes, the beings had four faces; One of a Human, the other of an Eagle, third of an Ox and fourth of a Lion.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

A Gyroscope or...

A flying saucer using wheel landing gears like those used by our aircraft. Remember the Nazi flying saucer 'Flugelrad'? Which means 'flying wheel' in English.

Some flying saucer mechanisms have contra-rotating disc plates, one within each other or on top which could appear like a 'wheel within a wheel'..

But I'm not sure

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk
reply to post by esteay812

A Gyroscope or...

A flying saucer using wheel landing gears like those used by our aircraft. Remember the Nazi flying saucer 'Flugelrad'? Which means 'flying wheel' in English.

Some flying saucer mechanisms have contra-rotating disc plates, one within each other or on top which could appear like a 'wheel within a wheel'..

But I'm not sure

[edit on 26-3-2009 by ahnggk]
I would tend to agree with you on your interpretation. It appears there are a few things going on at the same.

I am struck, in laymen s terms, with a vision of a disk shaped UFO that is projecting a theater style show. Whether the image moves up or down, left or right, they all move together.

Please consider reading the whole story. etext.virginia.edu...

Chap 3

1: Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
2: So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
3: And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.
Anyone care to guess what was in that "roll"?
When things are put back into proper perspective they make much more sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wheel in a wheel is a fractal..

its basicly saying we are a wheel. and the universe is a wheel..

I have like you pondered about this only to come to the conclution that he is talking about the self reflection of ones being alive and the creature he is talking about is infact us lot. the other part of it is him taking about the understanding or knowladge he was given about this from "oh yes" an alien..

lots of riddles but ask yourself this a wheel in a wheel is what? its a symmerty of something as both are the same but reside in each other

we are the wheel

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
Wheel in a wheel is a fractal..

its basicly saying we are a wheel. and the universe is a wheel..

I have like you pondered about this only to come to the conclution that he is talking about the self reflection of ones being alive and the creature he is talking about is infact us lot. the other part of it is him taking about the understanding or knowladge he was given about this from "oh yes" an alien..

lots of riddles but ask yourself this a wheel in a wheel is what? its a symmerty of something as both are the same but reside in each other

we are the wheel
I believe I understand the concept you reference. The symbolism is there, the king over a thrown, and the hoof of an animal. But this self reflection was forced upon him in a unrealistic manner, not to mention, with a covert agenda, the destruction of Israel.

The whole concept of "Alien" is now open to interpretation, I suggest we reconsider what the term means. Alien as in something that is outside of our reality (Matrix) verses alien from outer space would be a good start.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well what im trying to say, without trying to confuse or try to "tell" people after many years of my own dwellings on this rock focused on mathmatics and logic "my love and passion" then i have to deal with god and "aliens" ..

wheel in a wheel is not ment or i should say does not describe an object but the very question we seek in life..

Our gift in life is the question we seek.. and also can be used also as a wheel in a wheel.

Its selfrefective.. if alines use a form of travel that we dont understand that is because we dont understand ourself..

every single answer we seek we already know.. its asking the right question!

wheel in a wheel is a beautifull as the symmerty of a butterflies wings..

and it means just that, we, our mind, our spirit the the direct and symmertic counterpart of the universe.

without one you do not get the other. How is it you understand the sun the moon the stars in the sky in such a small place "your brain"? because you are infact the very thing that the universe is made from, everything we see in the universe is INSIDE of you. and when you die you will go back to being from once you came. or infact from what you was oringaly

PURE ENERGY...

life itself is for a reason, and thats to understand life is a small part of this tree and you are here to play your part and that is to be here.. nothing more nothing less.. but to just BE.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Here ya go.... the exact one...

home.halden.net...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is the time portals in project looking glass. A good model is the machine constructed in the movie "Contact".

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I believe your speaking about this, correct?

I have seen enough Merkabaha's to know they are real.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

I believe your speaking about this, correct?

I have seen enough Merkabaha's to know they are real.

So how does one go about seeing a Merkabaha?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join