It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for a War With Iraq Grows After Bush's Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
President Bush has reversed the downward drift in public support for war with Iraq despite widespread fears that the conflict would continue for many months and produce large numbers of U.S. casualties, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll....

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:29 AM
link   
strange.
the media backlash against him here was more extreme than I've seen since the start of this whole conflagration.

Blair is still saying he'll back Bush but his own party is rebeling against his decision not to mention the other partys.
meenwhile the news is full of "US has no proof" statments.

the current focus is on the proof being provided for the UN on the second resolution.
current media Buzz word is

"Bush must put up or shut up"

Suggests to me that feelings against the war in our neck of the woods are actually on the rise.

Whats more current feeling is that any proof provided will be circumstantial and thus polarise opinion even more.

It will be interesting to see if they come up with any actual evidence.

[Edited on 4-2-2003 by Lupe_101]

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
strange.
the media backlash against him here was more extreme than I've seen since the start of this whole conflagration.

That's normal. The more anti-bush you are, the more money you are earning. The medias just want to sell their craps to the peoples. And anti-US rhetoric is very usefull to do some good bucks. That's a media game.

10 years ago, the black sheep media was Saddam, now that's Bush.

If I was Bush, I would let Irak and N-K using their WMD against Asia & Europe ( especially France & Germany ). Just to see what the media will say and write.

But we know all what they will say and write. They will cry like little babies for the US help !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
these will be the WMD's that so far we have no proof of him having then?

oh and I'm not sure how it works in your neck of the woods UP but here theres far more cash in towing the priministers line or the line of the media / oil barons.

both groups are massively pro bush, hence the extraordinary U turn by both the tabloids broad sheets and national press to a firmly anti Bush stance.

It makes no economic sense suggesting its an actual reflection of public opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

1) these will be the WMD's that so far we have no proof of him having then?

2) oh and I'm not sure how it works in your neck of the woods UP but here theres far more cash in towing the priministers line or the line of the media / oil barons.

3) both groups are massively pro bush,

4) hence the extraordinary U turn by both the tabloids broad sheets and national press to a firmly anti Bush stance.

1) Yes of course ! These weapons.

2) Oh you know, we're all just common peoples. Very simple, not smart, hard-nosed...etc...etc... a bunch of rednecks if you want. You didn't know it ?

3) Aaaah, glad to know it.

4) Traitors !

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   
yes well if you really think the UK media barons are the sort of people you want supporting the pro war lobby then thats your business.

more to the point though, trators is a fairly acurate description of whats happening. Its vaguely unparrallelled for certain tabloids here to do anything but whole heartedly support Blair.

the U turn these papers have made is quite extraordinary.

and, in my opinion, and the opinion of many brits, rather welcome.

top topics

join