It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Number of Thoughts RE The Looming Future in These End Times

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The anti-christ is among us and is instrumental in bringing about Armageddon and such.
This is nothing new. Part of a preparation should be studying the anti-christ and finding out exactly what it is about Christianity that he is determined to wipe out.
I have a pretty good book out for distribution that I typed out from a PDF file of an out of print book about the reformation. I have made books by printing it out and binding it.
I am not selling it but you can get it for free at prophecy-books.org.
The Gospel is the enemy of the ant-christ and we need to sure ourselves up in that knowledge the the Protestant Reformation discovered and brought the anger of the anti-christ against it and caused so many deaths of true believers. We can expect nothing less, once the anti-christ is set loose to ravage the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

10 years ago when I read the bible for the first time the fact that the harvest was ripe in Jesus' day made an impression on me. If it was ripe then, it's much more ripe now.

After the triumphal entry, Jesus makes quite a plea for people to be watchful, equating the end times with the flood: people were just going about their daily business.

This ought to send shudders down everyone's spine. Unbelievers enjoy labeling this as fear mongering but I liken it to having the guts to check *all* the doors when a fire is raging in a building. You know the building isn't going to make it. So, you run inside and start checking. Fear mongers usually yell from the outside for the benefit of the crowd rather than the people inside.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

THANKS.

imho,

The AC is determined to wipe out [as much as God allows]

any belief that Jesus The Christ is the only route to God.

But also that any other Being is God instead of satan.

satan knows better, of course. But he gets his jollies throwing what sand he can toward God's eyes by trashing God's favorite Creation--humans.

Satan is eager to get as many into hell with him as he can.

Therefore, any teaching that Jesus is God; the only route to The Father; the 2nd Coming; the priority and power of The Blood and Name of Jesus--all are all things he will be hostile to.

Bless you in your service of The King.

Long live THE RETURN OF THE KING.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

This whole "God" thing is really tricky because you have to think about Revelation and the horn, and all that. There is an entity in the unfolding of events who blasphemes against God and would like to be god, himself.
One way of doing this is moving everyone above you, up a notch. God becomes this rather disinterested person who is not really even much of a person at all who dwells in some ethereal spirit world outside even the universe itself. Then you have this Baal type god who is the son of god but takes the place of the father god because he does not like to get personally involved and can not be burdened by trivialities. Then Baal gets to where in order to get a real hands on experience has himself incarnated in the form of a human and goes about all over the world to teach people what they should be doing. He returns to heaven to continue his role as stand-in for the vacant "God" position but leaves an institution in place on earth to continue the work he started, namely telling people what to do. That is the Magisterium. It would be too blatant to just have this thing in place with obvious purpose, right in your face. So, Baal has them surround the Magisterium with a whole hierarchical institution to mask its real purpose and to cloak the fact that they, at the core, worship a false god. You have a figurehead that stands as the purpose of the existence to this institution, to be in place and allow people to think it is a rather benign thing and can be tolerated. Meanwhile a person is raised from birth to take that position when the time is ripe, to reveal the truth of their existence and will use a firm hand to crush all opposition to presenting this usurper before the world, to be worshiped, meaning Baal, otherwise known as Satan himself.
So, you have God shuttled off into the netherworld, Jesus elevated to Almighty God and a sinful human being as vicar of god replacing Jesus who is the legitimate Vicar of God on earth. This whole deceptive system has as its purpose to replace the worship of the True God with Baal worship while Satan laughs.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Good points, imho.

Where do you think we are in the END TIMES sequence of things . . . however you construe that?

What do you see happening in the next 6 months in the USA relative to the END TIMES events?

What percentage of people do you think--in your social network--are really aware, awake, paying attention, trying to walk close to God about all such things?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Pretty close to zero, outside my family.
I think people have thought about the end as a hypothetical for so long that when it comes down to it, they refuse to wake up. It is very strange and rather disturbing. People just want to continue on as if nothing is going to change.
Well that is ok in normal circumstances because you have to go on with your life and provide for yourself and all that. But I feel there is a certain time when you have to readjust your priorities when you see the world on the brink of the cliff.
I made these books and would bring them to church and only had one person take one to read. I think she understood how close the end was because of her medical condition. Too bad that it would take your impending death from natural causes to feel like you need to prepare to meet the end.
Years ago, I would have people ask me when the end was and I would say if you go out in your car and get run over by a truck, the world just ended for you. I have a different way of looking at it, today.
We are at the point where someone yells out, "The Redcoats are coming! To arms!" The Gospel is our arms and it is something that has a mechanism built into it that it becomes more effective in ourselves by sharing it with others. I would tell people that you need to go and tell people what you know.
As for the times, what we have going is this concept being promoted by the government, or maybe more precisely, people who have been ushered into power by the new administration, of the heads of agencies having legislative authority. This does not mean that they are looking for permission from "The Legislature" meaning elected representation, but the power of the appointed heads of government departments to basically write laws and then to have the power to enforce them. So we all of a sudden are a fascist country and no one seems to realize it or care to complain about it. They will exercise these new powers until they feel pretty secure in their being able to get away with it and then they will impose restrictions on thought and religion. Most churches will just go along and shut up. Anyone who wants to maintain their God given rights outlined in the Declaration of Independence and United States Constitution will be labeled as terrorists.
So looking for particular laws to be enacted, as a sign of the end is missing the point because the country will be ruled by decree. So, without warning, like we should have during the legal legislative process, we will all of a sudden just have an announcement that this is the way it will be from now on. So, thinking there is this time off in the future when all these bad things will happen is foolish and will doom many people because there is no time to grow a backbone. Unless you exercise your attitude on a regular bases and know what it is to walk in God's light you will be at a loss when darkness falls. In this book, about the Reformation in Italy, a woman is thrown in prison for being a believer in the Gospel and is told she would have to pay for her disbelief in "the church" with her life. The priest visits her in her cell and holds out a crucifix in his hand. He tells her that if she would just look at it, her life would be spared. She did not look at it because Christ is her salvation and not idols made of wood and metal. How are we, in our thinking? We are confronted with something that on the surface seems religious and must be a good thing, right? Skeptical people would say, "Why concern yourself with subtleties and all paths lead to the light." Jesus says narrow is the gate.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think your assessment is extremely accurate.

I'm persistently reminded of the Scripture about God turning the rebellious etc. types over to delusion, deceived minds etc.

It's still shocking to me how many ostensibly 'normal' Christians . . . though too often RELIGIOUS and cold at that instead of A RELATIONSHIP ACTIVE AND ALIVE WITH GOD . . . how many such "Christians" are absolutely clueless about the times we live in.

Shocking.

God have mercy.

I think your comments on the gobment are quite accurate, too.

Praise God for your books. Will give you feedback as I get through reading or along the way.

Bless you this week in all your doings and relationships.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I just want to clarify that I am not a Seventh Day Adventist. I am actually a "Judeo-Christian" or "Apostolic Christian" who believes in sabbath-keeping and the true teachings of the Bible. I believe in a literal Kingdom of God here on planet earth that Christ will usher in at His return. I also believe in keeping the yearly sabbaths as well as the weekly. Yearly, being the Holy Day sabbaths as mentioned on my first post. I, as the Jehovas Witnesses, do not celebrate holidays with histories of paganism such as easter and christmas. I just though I'd share a portion of my belief system with you.

Now, as far as the end times goes, I think you guys need to concentrate closely with the European Union and their devious plans to become a sovergn nation of states led by a totalitarian government led by the influence of the Roman Catholic Church. It is literally a revived Roman Empire which was birthed by the signing of the Treaty of Rome. One world government is the idea and even the United States government has a huge hand in it. Don't accept the mark of the beast on your hand or forehead, or in layman's terms... don't let worldly things enter and control your thoughts (head) or act on those thoughts (hands). Maybe a physical version of this mark will come about such as the RFID chip. Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I think there is a word "force" or "compelled" when talking about the mark.
To this woman I referred to, in the book I reprinted, that mark was a crucifix. Was she forced? I guess they could have held her eyelids open and made her look at it. I think compel fits better. They wanted her to use her ability to choose, to choose to act the way they wanted her to. So there is a submission of the will, over to another. We should do that with God and make a habit of it. Then you would not even consider the influence of the world, to choose it.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I agree. Like I said, it's accepting worldly things that go against the Word of God. Your thoughts and actions are how you take them in your head or hands.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

"He answered and said to them, “When it is evening you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red’; and in the morning, ‘It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.’ Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. A wicked and adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.” And He left them and departed." (Mt 16:2-4)

I agree with your assessment - we are in the end times. The crisis in America that we are in now is the tip of the iceberg. I liked your list especially the part about being willing to leave the material behind. I've been telling all my friends that my retirement plan is the rapture

"knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”" (2 Pe 3:3-4)

I see you are being accused of fear mongering - so was Noah.

monger:

1. A dealer in a specific commodity. Often used in combination: an ironmonger.
2. A person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Often used in combination: a scandalmonger; a warmonger.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

It may be scary and undesirable to the skeptic but that doesn't make it false. Yes it is fearful for the skeptics and it should be - their accusations of fear mongering are valid. Be afraid - very afraid - the Bible is a scary book and the wrath God is coming.

There's nothing to fear for the believer. The key is to be walking close with the Lord and he will guide your steps. To do that I think a frequent application of 1 John 1:9 is a necessity.

Keep your eyes on Israel - I believe it is the timepiece. And my personal favorite is Strategic Trends I'm a member of the Berean Fellowship there.

Have you ever examined the time line by Peter Goodgame in his book: Red Moon Rising? He makes a strong case that the seals of Revelation proceed the 70th week and that we are already experiencing some of them now.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Your retirement plan is the rapture? I'd sue your 401k company because the rapture is a "man-made" doctrine. The bible even specifies the first resurrection being AFTER the tribulation, not before or the middle of it. Read Matthew 24:29-31 which will be a reference to your rapture verse in 1 thessalonians. It even mentions that this "rapture" happens at the sounding of the "trumpet of God" which is the 7th trumpet in revelation ending the tribulation and beginning the Kingdom of God on earth. Read up my friend and understand that we will all have to deal with the tribulation if we are living in those times. God will seal His followers and protect them from His wrath but some of us will be martyred in the name of God and Christ. Be ready for the ultimate test of faith when you may be given the choice to take the mark or let your family die for refusing. Be ready that the hour of the Lord doesn't come to you as a "theif in the night". Watch and be sober for even the people in Noah's time were drunk and asleep.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
John's Revelation is our only source of information about the end times? Many on this site believe differently and have posted evidence relating to other belief systems, modern and ancient.

Some of the posts in this thread (and other religious/faith threads), are extremely long winded and analytical. Why? What is the point? Jesus did not ramble on and and on. Why?

If humanity is truly facing the end times, then according to the Bible, the church has a major role to play. Yet here at ATS, most threads relate only to different faiths and denominations preaching their own 'way', ie, their interpretation of their version of the Word. Why?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

God's church is not a denomination or building. His church is the body of Christ or "people" of Christ. Most christians today don't act as the body of Christ. It reminds me of the Casting Crowns song "If We Are The Body" and it's chorus

-If we are the body
why aren't his arms reaching?
why aren't his hands healing?
why aren't his words teaching?
If we are the body
why aren't his feet going?
why is His love not showing
them there is a way, there is a way.

To take a literal approach to the bible is the only way to truely prepare. This doesn't mean reading your King James bible and scratching your head at what it all means. It means to have multiple translations to parallel with, a concordance, and a hebrew/greek bible dictionary as well as a general bible dictionary. To truely understand where the english mistranslates or mistakenly translate due to catholic or protestant man-made doctrine. A good example is in Acts 12:4. In the original KJV bible, the word "easter" appears. The actual greek word "pacha" translates properly to "passover" and is so throughout the rest of the KJV bible. For some reason, the translator threw in this "christianized pagan holiday" to replace the proper translation of passover, the true day of Jesus' sacrifice and death. Most modern translations such as my personal favorite New King James Version correct this mistake as well as many others.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

The end times were written about in the Old Testament and began at the crucifixion of Christ. What this thread is concerned with is the immediate future. History is being sped up to where the world is being shoved into a scenario that looks too much like what is described as the very end time events of the close of events.
The world is not going to just continue on in a normal progression of events forever. Also the world is not on its own going to become a safe and secure place. Satan is not really interested in world peace, even if his mouthpieces talk about it. Satan wants war and it will be a war against God, and so the name Armageddon.
My point is that once history goes to a certain tipping point, things only go from bad to worse and never get better on their own. It will get so bad that the only way that there will be any righteous left is for God to intervene personally, to stop Satan but not before the world becomes uninhabitable. The survivors will have to be taken off planet while it is being decontaminated. Unless you have the righteousness of Christ, you will not be able to go to that other place. Do not be negligent concerning your salvation because do-overs will not be available.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:17

caught up = harpazo = rapture

You don't deny the rapture because its right there in black and white - you just debate the timing of it. Either way my retirement plan is intact. Retirement is not a Biblical concept - we work for God. My retirement plan is the rapture is my way of saying I believe I am living in the generation that will see it regardless of its timing.

Your only speculating on which trump is being referred to. Considering that when Paul wrote Thessalonians Revelation had not even been revealed yet, it doesn't follow that it is the trump is the 7th from that book. To the Jew whom he was writing the last trump was a common idiom for the final blow of the shofar on the feast of trumpets.

Maybe you are planning on going through the tribulation (nothing wrong with a contingency plan) I expect to see persecution increase - and it is.

The tribulation is completely centered around the nation of Israel - the church isn't mentioned. I don't think we'll be here. Either way I'm ready.

Mat 24:29-31 is referring to those who come to faith during the tribulation - there will be many because God will make himself known so openly. Many scholars believe more will come to Christ during the tribulation that the entire church age.

I'll be watching from the mezzanine.

Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. Rev 3:10 -11

I'm not going to debate you further - there are good scholars of both opinions and its hardly as cut and dry as you want to make it. Let's agree to disagree in the name of Christian brotherhood and for the interest of the gospel.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I think your warnings about European stuff are good ones.

I do think that the oligarchy has plenty of leaders in this country as well.

Though they seem more hell-bent on destroying the USA than they do Europe on the way to the global government.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I beleive the Scriptures about the Mark of the Beast are intended to be taken MUCH MORE LITERALLY.

And, in fact, the chip is a perfect literal interpretation in every point mentioned in Scripture.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I AGREE.

MANY trend lines cannot continue another decade or two without peaking.

Those peaks involve dramatic things spoken of as part of the END TIMES in Scripture.

Some probabilities on such scores:

1. UFO'S ET'S.
2. MARK OF THE BEAST COMPUTER CHIP IMPLANT
3. WORLD GOVERNMENT
4. ATTEMPTED DESTRUCTION OF ISRAEL
5. MASSIVE QUAKES
6. SUPER DRAMATIC SIGNS IN THE HEAVENS INCLUDING DEVASTATING METEOR HIT(S)
7. DESTRUCTION OF MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF THE WORLD PROPULATION
8. INCREDIBLE PLAGUES
. . .

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We are seeing so much activity in all 8 of those things you listed that we must be very close. China was pushing for a one world currency at this G20 world summit that Obama was at last week. I means the G20 is basically a prototypical world government already.

Any day now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join