It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
In early March, more shocking details emerged about George W. Bush legal counsel John Yoo's memos outlining the destruction of the republic.
The memos lay the legal groundwork for the president to send the military to wage war against U.S. citizens; take them from their homes to Navy brigs without trial and keep them forever; close down the First Amendment; and invade whatever country he chooses without regard to any treaty or objection by Congress.
The memos are a confession. The memos could not be clearer: This was the legal groundwork of an attempted coup. I expected massive front page headlines from the revelation that these memos exited. Almost nothing. I was shocked.
It is more likely that the author of the memos, John Yoo will be the fall guy and some have already called for his disbarment.
So your point is that Bush/Cheney were going to become dictators.... So what happened, they got too tired and just gave up the fight?
Bush isnt even president anymore, so why dont you just let it go and move on.
Maybe that is a small part of the reason he seems reticent to pursue the issue.
It sure seems that with Mr. Obama's disasterous start as President, there are more and more people willing to return the focus to Bush.
Originally posted by RRconservative
There is no doubt that anything Bush did as President was to protect the citizens of the United States of America.
...Michael Ratner is the son of the late real estate and building supply magnate Harry Ratner. As a young man, Michael Ratner wanted to study archaeology. But according to him, after seeing how his father managed to often "help the little guy," he decided to study law instead. Ratner says that watching his father feed ex-cons at the family dinner table, help resettle refugees in the U.S. after World War II and anonymously provide for people who had been burned out of their homes had a profound influence on his decision to become a lawyer as a way of helping "the little guy." But as both his client list and record of litigation while working for both the CCR and the NLG indicate, instead of fighting for the little guy, it seems that Michael Ratner has, more often than not, fought for the bad guy. ..
...Michael Ratner has, for much of his life, maintained close ties with Cuba and the Castro regime...
...The CCR was founded in 1966 by attorneys Morton Stavis, William Kunstler, Ben Smith and Arthur Kinoy--all members of either the Communist Party or the radical left. Before forming CCR, Kunstler and Kinoy drafted and circulated a detailed memo calling for the creation of a 'new Communist Party.' That never materialized. Instead, Kunstler and the other lawyers, some of whom were also members of the National Lawyers Guild, a communist front group,
focused their energies on building the CCR and formulating and fulfilling its main mission of clearing legal roadblocks for leftist revolutionaries and enemies of the U.S....
...CCR clients, past and present, include:
* Leonard Peltier, convicted of murdering two FBI agents.
* The Armed Forces of Puerto Rican National Liberation, (FALN) which
was responsible for more than 50 bomb attacks on U.S. political and military targets between 1974 and 1983.
* Victor Manuel Gerena, who was trained by the Puerto Rican terrorist group Macheteros (Machete Wielders) and is accused of robbing 7 million dollars from a Connecticut security company in 1983, taking two guards hostage in the process. He is currently on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
* Red Army Faction terrorist Kurt Groenwold, who provided a safe house for Philip Agee, a CIA officer who, after defecting to Cuba, began publishing the Covert Action Information Bulletin which, in his words was "a worldwide campaign to destabilize the CIA through exposure of its operations and personnel."
* Red Army Faction member Yu Kikumura, who was convicted of conspiring to bomb a U.S. Navy recruiting station on behalf of Libya. Kikumura was apprehended at a New Jersey Turnpike service area in possession of three home-made bombs.
* Red Army Faction member Kristina Berster, apprehended carrying an Iranian
passport while entering the U.S. illegally after nine months of terrorist training in Yemen
* Red Army Faction/Baader Meinhof members who bombed U.S. Army and German police stations and provided logistical support for the PLO faction that murdered Israeli Olympic team members during the 1972 Olympics.
* Black Panther "Minister of Justice" H. Rap Brown who murdered a Georgia Sheriff's Deputy and attempted to murder another law enforcement officer
* Black Panther members and cop-killers Abdul Majid and Basheer Hameed
* William Morales a convicted terrorist bomber and a member of the Puerto Rican terrorist group FALN, whose lawyer, Susan Tipograph, a member of the May 19 Communist Order, an offshoot of the old Weather Underground, helped him escape from prison. (Tipograph also represented another CCR favorite, Lynne Stewart, the "blind sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman's lead defense lawyer, after Stewart was charged with acting as a courier between the sheikh and terrorists under his control. CCR filed an amicus brief on Stewart's behalf and it continues to vigorously defend her in the court of public opinion.
CCR has also represented members of the radical anti-U.S. United Freedom Front, which financed itself by robbing banks from Connecticut to Virginia. Its members, later known as the "Ohio Seven," were convicted of involvement in numerous bombings and the murder of a NJ state trooper. Members of the Marxist-Leninist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine have been clients of the CCR, as have convicted spy DavidTruong; Wilfred Burchett, a KGB agent and journalist who took the side of North Korea and North Vietnam during their wars with the U.S.; and convicted spy Clayton Lonetree, a U.S. Marine who while stationed in Moscow in 1981, sold U.S. documents and blueprints to the Soviets. More recently CCR represented "dirty bomb" conspirator Jose Padilla....
They were ready to declare martial law and proclaim Bush the new "Chancellor of Amerika".