posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
reply to post by Peruvianmonk
Interesting article. It wasn't surprising to me that we're our own worst enemy, particularly when it comes to the chemical agents we choose to
ingest and inhale. I'm reminded of bug killers in a spray can. There was a time when they smelled terrible, and we knew by that terrible smell
that they were not a kind thing for our bodies. These days, bug sprays have aromatics added to them to make them smell sweet or flowery. I've
actually seen people use them to kill a roach or other bug (contact killer) and then spray it in the air as an "air freshener". Crazy.
Many of the household cleaners we use so casually are basically systemic poisons, particularly when combined with others. I clean the floors and
surfaces with vinegar. I know our cats will find little dropped treasures of food on the floor and eat them. I don't want to poison them by using
this or that household cleaner.
God only knows what manner of contaminants and additives are in and on our food. We grow much of our produce, and given the rocky nature of this
place, most of that which we grow is in containers. I'm fussy about water filtration also, as I think a whole host of contaminants can and do show
up in so-called "potable" water. We have to be responsible for our own safety where these things are concerned....... your water may pass
"allowable limits" at the source, but does that make it pure enough for ingestion?
Good article, thanks OP. Cheers