It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most dangerous person in the world is...yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
We hear constant threats of terrorisim. As a result countires around the world spend billions to counter it. According to this article, in America at least, you are Statistically more prone to being killed by a lightning strike than a terrorist attack. The article points out rightly that people's lifestyle are the number 1 cause of death in the U.S.

Here's a tip for survival, stop smoking, eating too much and engaging in no exercise and drinking too much. The article go's on to to list the other top killers in the United States. Eye-opening and informative.

www.counterpunch.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Interesting article. It wasn't surprising to me that we're our own worst enemy, particularly when it comes to the chemical agents we choose to ingest and inhale. I'm reminded of bug killers in a spray can. There was a time when they smelled terrible, and we knew by that terrible smell that they were not a kind thing for our bodies. These days, bug sprays have aromatics added to them to make them smell sweet or flowery. I've actually seen people use them to kill a roach or other bug (contact killer) and then spray it in the air as an "air freshener". Crazy.

Many of the household cleaners we use so casually are basically systemic poisons, particularly when combined with others. I clean the floors and surfaces with vinegar. I know our cats will find little dropped treasures of food on the floor and eat them. I don't want to poison them by using this or that household cleaner.

God only knows what manner of contaminants and additives are in and on our food. We grow much of our produce, and given the rocky nature of this place, most of that which we grow is in containers. I'm fussy about water filtration also, as I think a whole host of contaminants can and do show up in so-called "potable" water. We have to be responsible for our own safety where these things are concerned....... your water may pass "allowable limits" at the source, but does that make it pure enough for ingestion?

Good article, thanks OP. Cheers

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
But you have to remember they want you to be a consumer,a nd watch tv and get fat. It works for them, terrorism does nothing to anyone, its bull in the west. We in the uk already live in a police state and i supose it must be the smae in america.

Yep, the only fear you should have is others trying to run your life. Plus now it seems many animals have more freedoms than any of us, which is a joke, as the scum always walk around free as they do not care.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That may be so. But it doesn't account for the Tobacco and over drinking as well as over eating. It is down to each other to look after ourselves. I don't suggest you never have a drink or never eat fatty foods, just in moderation and combined with exercise. Exercise is so important, it makes you physically more reliable in an emergancy and stimulates the mind.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus
[moTo

To a certain extent there is nothing we can do about the toxins that are in the atmosphere as a result of Humanity's activities and you can only limit the risk of pre-mature death. You can look after yourself though and enjoy yourself at the same time.

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

new topics

top topics

join